• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect 3 First trailer

#21 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

The heart of it has to be that dark matter which powers Sovereign and did something to that Sun.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Ahh. Nice foreshadowing there if you're right.

#23 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

A Sun's reservoirs of hydrogen or whatever being siphoned, leaving behind the same sort of matter that seemed to follow Sovereign around, with no explanation to be had.

I'm pretty sure it'll return in ME3.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#24 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

I can't wait.

So what first name did everyone give their Shephard? Mine was a female - Dizzy.

#25 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Gus.

I had just done my millionth re-watch of Lonesome Dove.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

I dislike changing the characters default name. It just feels wrong.

#27 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

I called mine Sexlexia. Then full on renegade options everytime, maximum punching/murder. Girl's got issues.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#28 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

Sexlexia and Jack must have gotten along swimmingly.

#29 User is offline   BlackMoranthofDoom 

• Fist
  • Interests:gaming, watching movies, listening to metal

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

I lost almost have of my squad because I didn't upgrade my ship. I found the minigame to collect resources fairly boring.
I hope Mass Effect 3 features more open areas for exploration, this game was far too linear in that regard.

#30 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 December 2010 - 10:41 AM, said:

The heart of it has to be that dark matter which powers Sovereign and did something to that Sun.

I think that the sun and the Geth both will be very important. The Geth are one of the few people free from indoctrination, they have met the reapers before and chosen not to follow and seemingly have spent the time since then preparing for something.

If the game ends up as being shepard calling in everyone he has ever helped though just to form a huge army Ill be disappointed. Especially the Rachni I mean insect species or not they cant have become too powerful in just a few years.

#31 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

Actually, seeing as the Rachni queen has biology and lots of future technology on here side she could probably create a swarm of soldier bugs in no time. There has to be a reason why it was the Khrogans numbers that were the important factor.

#32 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm farily certain, Cause, that anything will make you disappointed.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#33 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

View PostGothos, on 03 January 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

I'm farily certain, Cause, that anything will make you disappointed.

Why do you say that? Im a huge fan of the series. Loved ME1 and ME2 and I strongly believe Bioware will deliver. I just hope for more then what I have described.

Apt soldier bugs mean nothing when fighting giant spaceships and while the queen seems to have and understand designs for advanced rachni weapons she would still need to find resources, then create factories that could create more complex factories an so forth ten times over before she could even begin to churn out a ship.

#34 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Why? Well, I don't think I've ever seen you genuinely excited about something. It's like you're even more negative than me.

And bug soldiers mean nothing? Only that the first time the Citadel races ran into these, they had to bring Krogan into the space age to survive. We've basically no specifics about if their fleets were mechanical or biological, nothing beyond them being able to kick serious ass and being generally enough of a potential threat that making them go extinct is a serious consideration even for the goodsies.

I would, however, be pretty disappointed if they turned out overly strong if they are an option for allies against the Reapers, since I've killed the queen in most of my playthroughs...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#35 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

View PostGothos, on 03 January 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

I would, however, be pretty disappointed if they turned out overly strong if they are an option for allies against the Reapers, since I've killed the queen in most of my playthroughs...

YOU MONSTER!

#36 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostGothos, on 03 January 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

Why? Well, I don't think I've ever seen you genuinely excited about something. It's like you're even more negative than me.

And bug soldiers mean nothing? Only that the first time the Citadel races ran into these, they had to bring Krogan into the space age to survive. We've basically no specifics about if their fleets were mechanical or biological, nothing beyond them being able to kick serious ass and being generally enough of a potential threat that making them go extinct is a serious consideration even for the goodsies.

Hmm, the Rachni don't seem to be built for construction. I figured they'd be more like roaches/the bugs in Starship Troopers, they get on board of passing ships and find new colonies that way, then spawn an entire army, like the queen apparently does in ME2 (can't see them having that many soldier bugs in the complex if it was just for tests). But I may well be wrong.

I usually let the queen live - because I very much like the idea of a sentient bug that speaks through music - and through a taken over matriarch, of course.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#37 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

To be quite honest if I could I'd pick the option of 'letting it live so I can use it against the Reapers' with Renagade points if it was available. Sadly, the only Renegade option was to kill her. Wasteful.

#38 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

That, or Me Jabba, you Leia aka I like a princess/queen from an entirely different species as my slave/pet would've been a fairly palatable second choice.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#39 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

I want the Turian Council Member to be recruitable. SO I CAN TAKE HIM ALONG AND PERSONALLY SHOW HIM WHAT AN AGGRESSIVELY INCORRECT FUCKBIN HE'S BEEN FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#40 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

I think you meant killable.

OH WAIT, DONE THAT.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users