• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#201 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

Amazing how they recover enough to walk the second you remove them from the bandit camp.

#202 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

Ha! yeah. Once you get clear of the enemy zone, they jump off your horse and the mission updates to "talk to <so and so>." After the short dialog, they then find their way home on their own.

Have any you guys played the Trial of the Gods / community challenges. The current one is going to three different locations on the map to fight gods. I tried to fight the crocodile god and summarily got wrecked. I was peppering the large half man, have crocodile dude with arrows but they had little effect on his health meter. Have any of you guys had success in defeating any of the gods? I'm lvl 35 currently so I am guessing you need to be max level to have a chance.

#203 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

The way the NPC's react/move in scripted ways is probably the most off-putting thing to me in the game. Completely immersion breaking. Strange things is, if they couldn't make it work properly, why not just game'ify it? Just have the NPC glitch out/dematirialize in a "simulation" sort of way?

Anyway, I tried fighting that Crocodile god at level 40, all epic gear, all upgraded, could barely put a dent in the guy. I recognized that there was a pattern to his attacks but honestly I just couldn't be arsed to try and take him out. Especially since they did that "Dark Souls" thing of making you respawn and have to run back to the site every time you died. Fuck that.

Same thing with the War Elephants. I did manage to take out one Elephant out west I think, but those other arena's with multiple Elephants I just noped right around.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 22 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

#204 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

Was able to defeat a level 41 captain when I am at 37. Had to sneak around and stealth kill all the other ass holes and then tamed a caged crocodile. I then snuck up to the level 41 captain and let the crocodile damage him (the captain eventually kills the crocodile). He is injured enough for me to sink arrow after arrow into his head until he dies. Grabbed the treasure and the encampment is complete.

I also did something similar but this time left a poison body for the higher level captain to find. Stayed hidden while I watched the coughing captain and the blue smoky poison whittle down his health. Then same as with the crocodile. Just pepper the space between his eyes with arrows until he dies.

#205 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 27 December 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

Was able to defeat a level 41 captain when I am at 37. Had to sneak around and stealth kill all the other ass holes and then tamed a caged crocodile. I then snuck up to the level 41 captain and let the crocodile damage him (the captain eventually kills the crocodile). He is injured enough for me to sink arrow after arrow into his head until he dies. Grabbed the treasure and the encampment is complete.

I also did something similar but this time left a poison body for the higher level captain to find. Stayed hidden while I watched the coughing captain and the blue smoky poison whittle down his health. Then same as with the crocodile. Just pepper the space between his eyes with arrows until he dies.

Nice, well done!

I have not really being playing since my earlier posts. One little bit of progress is that I have essentially unlocked all the fighting and hunter skills of worth (Adrenaline 2, chain overwhelm, double assassinate, predator bow aiming etc) so I finally managed to start working on the seer path. I get that the game has rpg mechanics and all but I think it was a mistake to lock away so much of the assassin gear behind a skill tree. You don't need a skill point to unlock the hidden blade, you shouldn't I think need one to unlock smoke bombs, dead body booby traps or fire bombs. They should all have skills to be unlocked to improve them such as the poison smoke bomb variant but otherwise seems a little silly to me. Especially given that the game does not really give you an idea if any of this stuff will be useful before you pay for it. Makes more sense from like Assassin creed 2 when an inventor like davinci says by the way I have invented smoke bombs, or by golly gosh has no one ever thought of wielding two hidden blades?

I am however loving smoke bombs!

#206 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

I got ORIGINS for xmas, but will have to wait to play it till after I've spent some more time with SW: BFII. Still, I love these games, so excited to play!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#207 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Hey guys. Thought I'd share some pics I've taken throughout my travels around Egypt. I'm level 40 now and only need to just complete the main story.

Don't worry, none of these pics spoil any of the game.

Any of you guys find this mount?
Posted Image

"Always look on the bright side of life" *whistle *whistle * whistle
Posted Image

Hey dude. There's an assassin in your beard!
Posted Image

uhhh... huh uh huh huh uh huh... butt cheeks!
Posted Image

Hopefully he didn't drink a lot of that delicious wine that was popular back then.
Posted Image

Treasure! Mine! ALL MIIIIIIIIIINE! mwuuuuhahahahahahaha!
Posted Image

Commerce
Posted Image

#208 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

With 3gb update rolled out yesterday you have an option to go to the "Atlas" when on the map. You can see where the expansions/DLC will take you when they are released. Also, a new side mission with the update and other points of interested to investigate have popped up on the map.

#209 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Been staying at a friend's house this week cos I'm at training a long way from home. He has AC Origins so I've been playing quite a bit.

You guys said it was big but oh man. It is BIG!! I have been doing a bunch of side missions to level up and get to the main mission. He had hardly played any of it so I started when only Siwa was unlocked and played through that bit to the lake bit and into Alexandria. I played up to the point where Aya gives you the hidden blade and now I know where to get it I'll make that my focus at first when I get the game.

There is so much to do in just that *relatively* small part of the game. I enjoyed discussing with him the skill tree and how to progress. I'm guessing each of the three branches need a bit of work on them? We got the second bow and weapon slots and we also made sure we could jump assassinate and heavy attack etc.

Seems like I will have a whole ton of fun with this. It is my birthday on Sunday and my wife said she wanted to get me it so hopefully she remembered saying that... :(
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#210 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

What skill tree branch you decide to weigh more of your points on will be clear pretty quickly (i.e. using your bow and fighting dominates this game).

The exploration of Egypt in this game is one of the best things. In fact, I believe they released an update where you can choose an option that allows you to explore without all the fighting.

#211 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Yeah we were going mainly for the warrior branch cos I'm not very good at bows and arrows in any game and my friend said he was likewise. We did do a few hunter upgrades though cos they seem so useful. Some of the later seer upgrades also seem like they'd be useful but we mostly ignored that branch, only going in to get firebombs.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#212 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

Sleep dart. It will allow you the least path of resistance for a lot of situations. Also, use a sleep dart on animals (paired with the tame animals skill, it is very useful).

Also, learn to get good with the bow. You're gonna have to, there's no way around it. It's why at enemy locations there are usually multiple arrow replenish stations. Turn off any aim assist in the options and just get good at it. Except while riding on your horse, then leave aim assist on (unless you love a super hard challenge of controlling your horse and aiming your bow at the same time).

#213 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

I liked the rapid fire bow. Useful for sneaky assassination before you have the hidden blade. When I'm playing my own game I'll practice with the bow and arrow and I'll try and get that bow you were talking about earlier in the thread - Predator Bow or something.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#214 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Aww yiss I got Gold Edition which means I've got two expansions, a bunch of credits and extra weapons etc. I love my wife. :(
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#215 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

You'll be tempted to sell the gear you don't use or are lower quality (i.e. < Legendary) to the Blacksmith. I'm not saying that isn't a good strategy to get coin, but I made the mistake of always selling my gear instead of dismantling it. This approach gave me more coin but made it so it took longer to get the components for me to upgrade:
Bracers
Breastplate
Hidden Blade
Quiver
Stabilizer Glove
Tool Pouch

So I found my self having to go on hunting excursions to harvest materials. Unused gear is a nice source of these materials. Don't make the mistake I made. Strike a nice balance between selling when you need to and dismantling to get those parts so you can craft upgrades.

#216 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

I've not sold anything yet I'm dismantling everything.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#217 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

I did the same for the first half of the game. Just dismantle everything until you're close to fully upgraded. Then I robbed caravans and guards for the rest.

After which you can use the money to upgrade legendaries.

#218 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

See. I, for the most part, kept my go to weapons upgraded to my level (never letting them go lower then three levels from my character). The blacksmith upgrade of legendary gear is quite expensive, so I needed the coin. Still, looking back, I think I would have definitely dismantled more then I sold.

I forgot about the caravans. Yeah, just send Senu up in areas of high population and he should be able to tag them for you.

#219 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

I got a bunch of legendary weapons already. But I get blue weapons that are higher level/quality. I don't want to not use my legendary weapons though. As you say it costs a lot of coin (like 1500 each) to upgrade.

Have been dismantling like a beast and all my upgradeable stuff is blue right now except the hidden blade which I just got. Gonna head back to the lake and go diving for shipwrecks cos they have some pretty sweet loot!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#220 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

Rumor. Next Assassin's Creed game will be set in China.

https://www.thetechg...game-rumor.html

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users