• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#221 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

Is the racing at the Hippodrome worth bothering with? Did a couple of taxes and lost badly desire trying my very best... If it's just a bit of fun as a side game I won't bother but if I need to get good at it I'll put some time in.

Otherwise, my main focus seems to be just getting gold because I'm levelling up much faster than I can collect gold to upgrade my weapons. That being said, the little trader kid just gave me a levelled legendary Predator Bow so I'm happy on that score!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#222 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 February 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

Rumor. Next Assassin's Creed game will be set in China.

https://www.thetechg...game-rumor.html

I doubt this rumor is true.

From the info that leaked about "AC: Empire", Origins was meant to be a much bigger game covering the Mediterranean nations of Rome, Greece and Egypt. The way the story ends in Origins suggests to me we're going to see more about the Hidden Ones and the Brotherhood in the coming years.

THEN in 3 years time or so, they can switch to Asia and tell the tale of the Brotherhoods spread to China or Japan.

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 February 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Is the racing at the Hippodrome worth bothering with? Did a couple of taxes and lost badly desire trying my very best... If it's just a bit of fun as a side game I won't bother but if I need to get good at it I'll put some time in.

Otherwise, my main focus seems to be just getting gold because I'm levelling up much faster than I can collect gold to upgrade my weapons. That being said, the little trader kid just gave me a levelled legendary Predator Bow so I'm happy on that score!

I hated the racing so much that I never did any of it besides the story related tutorial race. The Gladiator fights are fun though.

#223 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

I've only done the random fight where your dressed as a God or something in that temple by the lake bit done any official gladiator fights. Like I say there's so much going on anyway.

I'm now level 22 and my main missions are all about level 15 or something. I get distracted so easily.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#224 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

I did the chariot racing probably half a dozen times or so. Only ever managed to get second place. There are techniques you need to use to get advantage, which is fine because you get the hang of those game play mechanics pretty quickly. The issue I had is the racing also puts a lot of emphasis on when you use those techniques. For example, I did the maneuver where you smash your chariot into an opponent beside you, he then slows up the other competitors behind. I then hit the gas, but was caught on the last lap and got second. When your chariot is racing along without acceleration boost (which only lasts temporarily), you are so slow the rest of the field can easily catch you. So you really need to have the perfect timing of drifting around the corners, smashing your competition with your chariot and hitting the acceleration to have any hope of getting first place. That was my experience anyway. Maybe I wasn't that good at it? and others found it easy to win the races?

#225 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

Huh I played for a bit as Aya yesterday in a nice little throwback to Black Flag. Been bombing around Giza too, doing all the tomb challenges in order to get my ability points in.

Speaking of ability points I've been more or less ignoring the seer paths, focussing on warrior and hunter paths. Is it worth doing any of the seer points? I'm just not that bothered about any of the perks etc. I've not even used a sleep dart yet. Note have I unlocked flesh decay/fire bombs etc.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#226 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Depends on your play style on whether you find the Seer skills useful. I personally leaned heavily on the sleep darts. The Animal Taming, Berserk, and Flesh Decay I used to clear out camps where the enemies had a higher level then me. Plus it's just fun walking through heavily populated city with your pet crocodile (or lion) by your side.

About fun goofy things in the game, did you guys ever notice how clumsy your camel is when you call him in a city. The oaf comes tearing ass in and just tramples everything, breaking shit.

#227 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:45 PM

I never had a camel cos the special edition my wife got me included a legendary horse. 😀

I'll see about seer stuff I never thought of using beserk/flesh decay etc in the higher level camps and suchlike. I usually get high and use my Predator Bow which sets fire to stuff and then jump in with my poison legendary sword. It's fun!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#228 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

I sort of wish Assassin's Creed titles would implement something like the chaos ranking Dishonored does. Killing everything in site by rushing in with bow and sword can be fun, but it doesn't encapsulate all that an assassin is or does. I try to be more covert in completing enemy camps. Sometimes challenging myself to complete only the objectives (kill targets / steal treasure) without disturbing anything else or being detected. I wish the game would reward you for going this route. If you have sufficient level and weapons, running in and killing everyone is just not that challenging to me.

#229 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Yeah good idea. I always try and get everything done sneakily but often get spotted by since dude I didn't scan before. It's good to know I've got great fighting skills to fall back on...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#230 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Based on where you stated you're at in the game - playing as Aya during that Blag Flag like section - those great fighting skills will soon be severely tested. Posted Image

#231 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

Aww yiss I finished updating my bits so I can just sell all excess weapons and materials for gold and get my weapons upgraded!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#232 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

Also... I just did a really weird quest where some Final Fantasy crossover thing happened and now I have a chocobo and a weird Ultima sword and shield or something.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#233 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 29 March 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Also... I just did a really weird quest where some Final Fantasy crossover thing happened and now I have a chocobo and a weird Ultima sword and shield or something.

I was wondering if any one else did this. In the pictures I posted up thread, I asked about that mount (posted a pic of it). But I left out any details because didn't want to spoil anything.

#234 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

I mean the sword is pretty cool so I'm not that bothered though I'm kind of missing my poison sickle sword...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#235 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

I dunno. I never really got attached to any one sword (or any weapon really). I leaned heavily on the quicker weapons for sure (swords, duel sword, sickles). But I also have mixed things up with the heavier weapons(war hammers, long axes, spears etc.). War hammers work great against the heavies, often knocking them down so you can pounce on them.

#236 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Did any of you guys ever come upon this one area (in one of the major cities and or pop. areas) where you had to do the "kill commander and steal treasure" task, cept this place had a few cats and these asshole cats follow you around, meowing the whole time and you're paranoid they are going to reveal your sneaking/skulking around trying to complete the tasks at hand? What a bunch of asshole cats to do that to you. amirght?

#237 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 30 March 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Did any of you guys ever come upon this one area (in one of the major cities and or pop. areas) where you had to do the "kill commander and steal treasure" task, cept this place had a few cats and these asshole cats follow you around, meowing the whole time and you're paranoid they are going to reveal your sneaking/skulking around trying to complete the tasks at hand? What a bunch of asshole cats to do that to you. amirght?

Hah no but I did kill a bunch of people and immediately after a cat rocked up and started purring up against me like it was going "Good job. Nice killing."
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#238 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

Did any of you fight the elephants? Found a bunch of "Arena" type places across the map with very high level beasties or whatever contained therein (they might not all be elephants, after I got squished by the first one I found I have left them well alone). Might be nearly ready to take them on now, I'm level 40.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#239 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

I defeated a single elephant in an arena down South I think, I never managed to win any of the arena's with two elephants despite being level 40 and having epic gear.

#240 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

I made an attempt at the first one I came across. I promptly got smashed. I came back after leveling up and had better gear. I was able to knock down his health to under half but still got beat. Made probably up to ten attempts before I got frustrated and quit. Never even tried at any of the other arenas. It might be something I give a go again if I play the DLC that has come out.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users