• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Assassin's Creed Series The Assassinest of Assassin threads

#161 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

Holy crap! If you are an Xbox Gold subscriber, AC: Black Flag is free during April. Daaaayum! Can't beat that with a stick!

#162 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Just finished Unity! Really good game, pretty darn hard (I missed the whistle and stab method that I used to great effect in previous games) and a superbly designed setting. That last boss was remarkably easy though...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#163 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

Anyone played Syndicate yet? Thoughts?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#164 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

Wont be out on PC before late November. I REALLY want to play this game.

Will probably end up playing it after Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3.

This post has been edited by Apt: 03 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

#165 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 03 November 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Anyone played Syndicate yet? Thoughts?

I've not played yet, I'm still knee deep in DESTINY: TTK, and I've got SW: Battlefronts coming soon...so I won't get a chance to play till after Xmas probs...

BUT...I've heard that it's a REALLY solid entry in the series. Better than Unity, not quite as good as Black Flag.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#166 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 November 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

Crap is it a PS4 only? Ed aw nm my phone was only showing the PS review. I will be getting this for sure. I just got burnt out toward the end of 3 having played almost straight through 2 a b & c then 3. I'm hoping I don't have to played BF and Uni to get this one so I don't burn out again.

Well, part of your problem is this. 3 was the weakest entry of them all. I was so bored of it by the end. 2 was great, Brotherhood was excellent, Revelations was forgettable and then 3 was just terrible. Black Flag on the other hand is just monstrously brilliant.

Unity, well it is a solid game. Middle of the pack. Maybe towards the bottom end of them all but enjoyable. And pretty. My word it's pretty.

But yeah Black Flag is the best. I still sometimes find myself singing some of them shanties.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#167 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:13 AM

There is stuff in the "modern age" if you like but it isn't quite as intrusive or long winded as in other games. You're an employee at Abstergo and it's all first person perspective. You have to hack into computers every now and then & stuff but it's not a major part of the game.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#168 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

The controls have always been finicky. Actually, come to think of it, the parkour/jumping mechanics have been really tight in Origins now that I think about it.

What do you think of the grappling hook? Or haven't you unlocked it yet? I thought it was a really cool addition to the game. It was awesome just zooming up a 5 floor apartment in a split second. Took a bit away from the core gameplay mechanic of climbing and jumping though.

If you get around to it, you should check out the Jack the Ripper DLC. I thought it was legitimately scary and Jack is a great foil for the Assassin's.

---

Myself I've been playing more AC:Origins. I made it to Alexandria. I took out the baddies and I'm about to meet Cleopatra I think - Not sure where the story goes from here. The bad men who killed our son are dead but now I think the game is about to send my character and his wife into some Mediterranean Game of Thrones kind of shit.

I've visited/unlocked 4 zones so far and yet there's like 9/10s of the map still blacked out. I wonder where the story goes, that I will find a need or compulsion to visit all these zones. Most of them are very high level too. I imagine that as a Medjay I can just go on "Witcher-like" adventures, helping people, killing soldiers and hunting animals in droves. I'm just floored by the size of the game world. It's so god damn expansive. Lots of it is sand or sea but it's just sprawling.

I love the feeling of time you get in this game. This is late third era History of Egypt I believe. The Pharoh's are losing control, the tempels are in ruin, lawlessness abounds and yet the people thrive among all that ancient history. The game has that janky Assassin's Creed character presentation but I really am impressed with how alive and adventurous the whole thing feels.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 29 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

#169 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

From what I've read, Apt, the side missions are pretty essential in this if you want to level up enough to get good enough for some of the main story and areas...

And yes BK get the grappling hook ASAP. I think it's quite early on, talk to the inventor guy.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#170 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:30 AM

View PostBriar King, on 30 October 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

I seriously hate driving carriages!

That gets easier.

And yes to the broken gun thing one of the early main missions is with an inventor (a pretty famous one IRL but I can't remember who) and he fixes it for you.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#171 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:05 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 29 October 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

From what I've read, Apt, the side missions are pretty essential in this if you want to level up enough to get good enough for some of the main story and areas...

And yes BK get the grappling hook ASAP. I think it's quite early on, talk to the inventor guy.

Oh yes, just one or two level differences will mean a soldier will probably fuck you up if he has back-up. I've got to say they really changed things up with the new combat system. It's more or less like dark souls-light now, just without the stamina gauge. If you get into a fight with more than two soldiers and there's archer taking aim you should probably just run away. No way are you just murdering a platoon of soldiers any longer.

Most of the time I am just sneaking around doing head shots with my predator bow instead. Feels so damn satisfying.

#172 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Picture I took of Alexandria from a top the Great Lighthouse. You can see the Pyramids far, far away in the background.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 30 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

#173 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Don't recall there being anything interesting there. Also swimming is a bad idea in this game unless you can scan with your bird first. There's alligators everywhere or even worse Hippos. Those things are the real monsters of Egypt.

#174 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

Does the hook have limits? I watched a YouTube vid and it looked like you could zip about like Spiderman.

I think I might get it anyway, just because I like the setting. It's really cheap now too.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#175 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Been playing Assassin's Creed: Origins. Put in a good chunk of time. Cleared out all the spots on Siwa map (except one bandit camp) and killed two of the main baddies that is your main quest - revenge!

But boy, when I left Siwa, did things go sour for me. I took a wrong turn and found myself faced with foes too powerful for me at every spot on the map I tried. Bandits too powerful. Hyenas too powerful. Friggan caged lions that I let out because I though they would go after their jailers, but instead they killed me!

Finally got the right orientation on the map and found the location that was right for my level - I'm at level 11 currently.

Really enjoying the beautiful world of Egypt. A place that really sticks out is the vultures hunting area. There were amazing stone carved big cats that where half buried in the sand.

#176 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

You definitely need to follow the quest markers early on. Everything yore playing up until you clear out Alexandria is actually just the prologue. Even then if you check the map, up until you reach the 30s you'll mainly be playing on the right side if the map. I'm only just now beginning to be able to go where I want at lvl 32.

I'm loving the Egypt Ubisoft have built but I am missing the kind of depth an rpg breathes into the world through dialogue and choices.

#177 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Up to level 20 now. Have been sidetracked from doing the main story missions because of all of the spots on the map where you can complete something. I have killed hippos, crocs, lions. I've looted treasure and killed commanders. And there is no end to it. The map is filled with these spots. I've also completed some side quests.

I've been to the library in Alexandria and took a selfie with the statue of Serapis. Hey Apt, how do you get access to your photos? I haven't figured that out.

#178 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Can anyone tell me if the next AC is in Egypt? I saw concept art on Artstation the other day and thought if it were true how sad it'd be not to have Ships anymore...

Edit: Ah just read up, seems it's true. Maybe worth a try.

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 17 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#179 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Can't quite remember if there was a way to get to the pictures in game. But on PC you can go find the the Ubisoft folder in your documents or where ever they are. There's a pictures file in there some where. On consoles I imagine there's some kind of media sub section.

There's definitely a ton of stuff to get lost in. A lot of it is just filler but I still enjoy it. According to the stats I am around 2500 kills now. I tend to just go down the map and take out every single soldier in a camp or outpost or all the predators. There's something incredibly satisfying about headshoting soldiers over and over with the predator bow.

The game does bother me a bit though. I wish they'd drop the "revisionist history" angle and just go full fantasy. Some times when I am raiding a tomb I wish mummies would come at me to give me a different kind of enemy AI to battle. Or giant scorpions in the desert. Or Djinns in the sandstorms, that kind of stuff.

When you're travelling through all those ancient ruins it's hard not to envision what this world would look like through the eyes of Robert E Howard or Steven Erikson. What if you were playing as Conan the Barbarian? Or Dassem Ultor? What if you had actual RPG choice based dialogue, etc.

I hope Ubisoft continues down this path and explores the possibilities.

#180 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 30 October 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Don't recall there being anything interesting there. Also swimming is a bad idea in this game unless you can scan with your bird first. There's alligators everywhere or even worse Hippos. Those things are the real monsters of Egypt.

Now I need to have this game.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users