• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Red Dead (Redemption) Series AKA Rockstar's Grand Theft Equine

#201 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

Head shots are actually pretty easy (particularly with the sawed off shotgun). There is the blunderbuss too, which explodes zombies into pieces. Drawback is it runs out of "ammo" quickly and you have to reload it by collecting dead parts.

In a zombie hoard situation, I found running to create some space and then using the under chin technique was very effective. Here is an example video I found from YouTube.

#202 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

So what about that PC version I was hearing about was supposed to be ready in first half of 2011? I'd really love to play this game (Man with No Name needs me!) but I'm NOT buying a console for it...
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#203 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

Buy a console for the sake of owning a console, and then buy this game to confirm to yourself how good of a decision you have made.
Error: Signature not valid

#204 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

View PostGothos, on 23 March 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

So what about that PC version I was hearing about was supposed to be ready in first half of 2011? I'd really love to play this game (Man with No Name needs me!) but I'm NOT buying a console for it...

Rockstar have pretty much given up on the PC it looks like. GTA4 for PC was a bad, bad port and neither RDR nor LA Noire has any PC port coming soon.

Go buy the console, RDR really is that good and there really is nothing quite like playing a videogame on a giant television screen with surround sound.

#205 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

I don't have a TV. But then again I do have a 23.5 inch monitor.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#206 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

View PostClockwork Apt, on 27 March 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Rockstar have pretty much given up on the PC it looks like. GTA4 for PC was a bad, bad port and neither RDR nor LA Noire has any PC port coming soon.

Go buy the console, RDR really is that good and there really is nothing quite like playing a videogame on a giant television screen with surround sound.

With Skyrim being released this year, there's enough free-roaming available on the PC for the next two years.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#207 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! The Red Ring of Death has killed John Marsdon!!!!!!!
Victory is mine!

#208 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

View PostClockwork Apt, on 27 March 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

And this is why I have given up on Rockstar.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#209 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

Red Dead Redemption (multiplayer 4X experience) Independence Day Weekend!

I just leveled up twice in about a half hour. I was at level 39 (and now I am at 41). This is some significant level'ge!

If multiplayer leveling up is your thing (and unlocking all of the mounts, titles, guns..etc.) then get on, join a posse and start working some gang hideouts to level up quickly (x4 exp!). I recommend Fort Mercer, Twin Rocks and Tesoro Azul.

* * * * at level 40 I got mount Bonzo (a bull)... he's kind of lame. :-( * * * *

This post has been edited by Geekstad Nerdhammer: 03 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

#210 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

#################### THREAD NECRO ####################

Stay tuned
Posted Image

#211 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

Looking forward to it.

I heard last week that Take Two were aiming for a Q2 release, which suggests the game probably wont be out before September 2018. I'm all for delaying games but that's a whole extra year.

#212 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

Yeah. I was bummed when it was delayed, but also hopeful in that they are going to make sure they deliver something great.

I hope this thing next week gives us something to talk about.

#213 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

Really looking forward go this when it eventually drops, even though I never actually finished the original (still have it for 360 somewhere), hoping that the delay means the release will be very polished. I always enjoy Rockstar games to some degree (except Bully, which I hated for some reason), actually been playing GTA V again the last few days because I realised I'd never completed the PS4 version, decided to go for 100% completion and the 70 gold medals trophy.

On another note this has got to be the longest thread necro I've ever seen, how many pages did you have to scroll through man? ;)
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#214 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostWinterPhoenix, on 23 September 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

On another note this has got to be the longest thread necro I've ever seen, how many pages did you have to scroll through man? ;)

Wasn't too hard. I knew the thread was here and so used the search function to find it (even though the search function on Malazan Empire sucks).

As the release gets nearer and we know what the game will be titled (Read Dead Redemption 2? Red Dead Rebellion?), we should create its own thread.

#215 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

Never even thought about the search function, don't think I've ever used it.

Yeah I'm guessing someone will make a dedicated thread for it closer to the time of release.
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#216 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

I can just rename this thread, no problem.

#217 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

I've been rereading some of my old posts. It's fun to read stuff you forgot long ago.

View PostAlternative Goose, on 29 December 2010 - 05:30 PM, said:

Holy shit.

I did my first mission with the sherif of Armadillo which was awesome. Then I decided to go look around before heading back. So I come upon this hideout and a farmer in need of help. The outlaws have kidnapped his daughter and so I volunteer to help get her back. We kill the lot of them and bust into the house she's being held in. There the last bandit is, holding a shotgun threatening to blow her away. I try to get my aim straight but I'm being a bit clumsy and I reckon I have plenty of time, no sooner do I finish that thought before HE BLOWS HER AWAY. I shot the bastard afterwards. But he fucking killed her! That's maybe the most shocking moment I have ever experienced in random game play. He just shot her. Holy shit.

And then I got a bad reputation to boot. God damn it.

Funny thing about this section. I replayed Assassin's Creed 2 a few months back. There's this mission where you're trying to save a concubine from some slavers that want to sail away with her. As you make your way to the ship they've taken her to, they just straight up cut her throat and laugh at you! I was outraged beyond belief. I murdered every last man on that ship. Those fucking monsters.

I love that kind of stuff where the characters surprise you in this way. Most of the side quests in AC2 are solved easily and you always save the day. In this one mission they surprise you by turning the tables. Made me hate the Templars even more.

#218 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

I remember preventing the assassination of the daughter because I immediately went into Dead Eye mode and so slowed everything down and got the jump on him. At least that's sorta how I remember it (it's been so long and dammit we need a new game now!)

There were a lot of surprises in RDR though and the main story ranks up there with the best for any video game. Remember the creepy cannibal guy?

#219 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Soon...

#220 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

Oh yeah. Tomorrow. Damn, I won't be able to watch it when it goes live. Will have to watch a replay or read what it was about later on.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users