• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Red Dead (Redemption) Series AKA Rockstar's Grand Theft Equine

#421 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:41 AM

The doctor scene was cool. I like the way it's up to you to stay or not... I hung around by the door and watched, lots of detail for something you might easily miss if you walk out the door.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#422 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 January 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Whoa! Slow Ben, you playing RDR2?! Well join the discussion my dude. I thought I was the only one still actively playing.

Jumped into RDR2 Online some last night. This dude I was battling in free roam had to have some cheat hacks installed. He killed me like ten times before I could escape and he was head shotting me almost every time. One time I was hiding in a cabin and I was watching his blip on the mini-map. Dude was moving around preternaturally fast. He threw some fire bottles to try and burn me out, but they didn't do the job. So I'm posted right by the door with my gun drawn. He breaks in and gets behind me and ties me up before I even get a shot off. Yeeeeeah right! I'm way low level and and have shit for guns and gear, but there's no way he should have been able to do that. Another time I was crouching around a big tree. I have excellent headphones so was able to move around to get cover from him by listening to him ride around me. As he was riding around I could swear he was invisible at times (or maybe just a shitty connection?). Anyway, if cheating is rampant on RDR2 Online (haven't played it much myself), I doubt I'll play it much.

Have had similar issues myself- just on Friday we had a guy who took about 12 shots in the space of a few seconds (three of us were shooting him) and didn't die, and proceeded to one shot all of us.
Now, he was level 150, and was definitely using some tonics, but there is no way anyone should be able to take 12 shots and then wipe the floor with three people, that's just ridiculous.
That being said it's not super common or anything.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

"For the record, I'm pretty sure my mind was shouting 'CLICHESTORM' over and over again during the opening of Skyrim...just putting that out there.." - Me.

~Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.~

#423 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Lol git gud noobz.

#424 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

Lol. Tacitus Kilgore.

Also, Daaaaaayum! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! Even Mael punishes them for their transgressions < < < < see what I did there? Connecting it to MBotF? Posted Image

Anywhoo. I mean at what point are they going to get the message? That they are set up for treachery and tragedy. Was not the saying - "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice".....ermPosted Image

Agree? yes? no? meh?

#425 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:11 AM

On the second epilogue. Holy shit what a game. Good enough to make me want to fire up the old ps3 and play the first one again, but man the graphical step down is going to stink I think
Error: Signature not valid

#426 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

Dirigibles!!

Also, have you guys, like me, come to the conclusion that Sadie Adler is a bad ass? Like the baddest assiest (is that a phrase?) of them all? She rocks!

#427 User is online   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:17 AM

Uh, yeah. She's f'ing awesome.

Just started the 2nd epilogue.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#428 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

Guys, I've been gutted to my core at what has just been revealed! And living in the swamp to boot! I hope this is not going to end where it seems to be heading.
Spoiler

#429 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

I started replaying the first one. Itís pretty cool knowing the backstory as you encounter these haracters and hear marston talking about his life.

#430 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

Ok, I've ran into this British fella searching for a friend (Gavin) in Saint Denis a second time, and a lot of time has passed between when I first encountered him and this second time. Is there anything to this, or is it just something designed to screw with you?

#431 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Gavin? Has anyone seen my mate Gavin? Gaaaaaviiiiiin!!

#432 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

If any of you find out what that Gavin thing is about let me know. I saw him in two maybe three places, no real explanation.

#433 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

I think he appears in several places, but the only info you get is from a letter you get if you loot him.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#434 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostTraveller, on 31 January 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

I think he appears in several places, but the only info you get is from a letter you get if you loot him.

Is he as good as the Flag Guy from Borderlands TPS?
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#435 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:11 PM

Any you guys ever happen upon the 'feral man'? I came upon him after doing a mission with Dutch and Micah. I believe it was somewhere near the Trapper in the wilderness. Anyway, after the mission we split up, so as not to draw suspicion on ourselves. As I ride out on my own, I hear this odd howling (not exactly like a wolf) and one of those white dots appears on the map to indicate it's an 'encounter' you can engage if you choose to. I'm intrigued, so I head towards the spot on the map, and as I ride closer, I hear the howl clearer this time and obviously it's a person. As I reach the top of the hillock and begin to descend, this naked dirty man takes off running. I give chase. He's a fast sumbitch. I equip my lasso, so as to try and catch him and tie him up. He is too fast. I chase him into a cave and so get off my horse and walk towards the entrance, there he is, growling with two wolf protectors in the back of the cave. The wolfs attack. I use dead eye and shoot them both dead. The 'feral man' then drops into a fetal potion on the cave floor and rocks back in forth moaning and crying. I try to engage him to no avail. So I decide to skin his wolfs for their pelts and meat and hearts and then I dropped their carcasses right next to him. I'm an evil bastard!Posted Image
Posted Image

#436 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

#437 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

Have any you 'greenhorns' heard or read anything about DLC coming to Red Dead Redemption 2? Or are they going with the GTA V model and are focusing on pushing incremental community activities and updates to Read Dead Online? I sure hope they release some single player expansion/DLC to RDR2. I mean they have to at least pay respect to the loyal fans and release an 'Undead Nightmare' (or something like it) for this title, right? Undead Nightmare for RDR1 was one of the best DLCs of its time and it would be a shame if they didn't do something along those lines for RDR2.

#438 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

I think itís full speed ahead with the multiplayer unfortunately.

#439 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• D'ivers

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:27 PM

Thing is, I think they are still referring to RDO as - Red Dead Online BETA. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users