• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Speculation thread nothing will be spoiled obviously Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   maro 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 04 February 2010 - 06:24 PM, said:

i recall an SE quote from somewhere, and he pretty much says that the final scene in the series has been percolating around his ol' noodle for years and years. since GotM was first written or something. so i'm expecting that the ending of tCG will be giving me a heart attack

I think it will be like TTH. DoD was more exposition but with TTH, it felt like not much was happening until right at the end and it went lightspeed.

Lots to finish up but should be a few glasses of your favourite beverage time.

#62 User is offline   Aooga 

• Sergeant

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

I'm guessing we should see Skinner play a pivotal role in this book seieng as how he IS teh King in CHains afterall. one assumes Th CG didn't give the title just to have him stay out of the game while he gets his ass beat.

And where there's Skinner there is a pissed off Seguleh Second. \m/

#63 User is offline   Underwaterbob 

• Recruit

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:52 AM

My best guess:

The Crippled God is successfully freed in Kolanse by an amalgamation of awesomeness featuring surviving Bonehunters, Letherii, Bolkandoans, Grey Helms, Khundryl, Barghast, Shurq, K'Chain Che'Malle under Stormy and Gesler and possibly Ganoes, Skinner, Kallor (and other members of HHC), ascended Bridgeburners, Kalam (?) and anyone else interested in the complete upheaval of the current (entirely corrupt) pantheon (Shadowthrone, Cotillion, Hood, Jade Giants?) against elder forces and those interested in maintaining the, or wanting to return to an older status quo including K'rul, Kilmandaros, Olar Ethil, Edgwalker (really an unknown, but most likely elder) what's left of the Errant, Sechul and Forkrul Assail with matters possibly complicated by unruly Tiste Liosan, T'lan Imass, Toblakai, Caladan Brood, Dragons(!!), undead Jaghut and Seguleh.

The carnage will see the awakening of Burn whose destruction of the world will be prevented by Icarium (the two potential world-destroyers against each other!!). The pantheon will be completely upset with Shadowthrone and/or Cotillion poised to step up and take power. And as much as I want to include Mother Dark and Father Light, I really can't see how they're going to fit into this mess. Basically I just tried to included everyone/thing I hoped to see re-visited in detail before the end.

How on earth is Erikson going to resolve all this?

#64 User is offline   Lucky Revenant 

• Corporal

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

I do not think the Bonehunters are dead. I do think that Tavore will succeed in her mission to unchain the Crippled God, though this'll probably happen differently than may be expected. I do not think that the Crippled God, unchained, will then destroy the world, mostly because I do not think Wu will be destroyed since I seem to remember Erikson saying that this series is just a snippet of history. Also, hasn't a sequel trilogy been confirmed?

I like to think that, even though the world will not be destroyed, it will be changed drastically. K'Rul will die. Burn may die. The warren of shadow will be reunited. I also like to think that many Elder Gods will die.

I'd love to see Paran kill the Errant. The fucker deserves it, for one, and it would show the fact that the new gods are more powerful, at least in some ways, than the older ones.

Heboric will likely be very important as well, but I can't really say why.  

I also like to think the Tiste Andii will play some role, though this seems unlikely. Mostly, well, the Tiste Andii have been suffering from that depressive apathy for so long because they thought Mother Dark had turned from them, but now that she's back...well...

Also, TCG is supposed to be a direct continuation of DoD. Like, they're one book. I think that not only will TCG be larger than any of the other books, but it'll be the most eventful, by far, as it'll resolve many plot lines and, if one considers the way that SE novels tend to work, as in the beginning of a book is slow but building until the incredible ending, it just makes sense. Unlike that poorly constructed sentence.

#65 User is offline   JimmyBole 

• Recruit

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

Karsa Urlong and the boys are gonna decend from the hills and wreak bloody mayhem on the whole thing. I thought it was gonna be a war with the K'Chain Che'Malle but that seems to have been sorted. So it can only be the forkrul assail, seems theres gonna be holy war between the assail, imass and jaghut. Olar ethil has turned the imass into savages again, Hood is back to join his jaghut troublemakin friends and undead assail are goin round in a storm killin everyone out on the land. All the gods will converge and fight for power. Krull (warrens) will die, magic will die and them old meteorites will crash and kill everything on the planet except those cannibal kids living in the glass house aka the garden of eden.

#66 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

View PostUnderwaterbob, on 18 February 2010 - 02:52 AM, said:

My best guess:

The carnage will see the awakening of Burn whose destruction of the world will be prevented by Icarium (the two potential world-destroyers against each other!!). The pantheon will be completely upset with Shadowthrone and/or Cotillion poised to step up and take power. And as much as I want to include Mother Dark and Father Light, I really can't see how they're going to fit into this mess. Basically I just tried to included everyone/thing I hoped to see re-visited in detail before the end.

How on earth is Erikson going to resolve all this?

but isnt burn already awake cause In DoD Olar Ethil said she was burn
blankets are always in style

#67 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:57 AM

well she claims that parts of her sleep, fevered by poison. this i assume refers to burn, who is seperate from the creature that olar ethil has become, and still asleep.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#68 User is offline   Sciz 

• Corporal

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

My predictions is that nothing whatsoever will be resolved in the book, but instead everything will hint at Assail being the root of everything, and we will have to wait 10 years until the book about Assail finally is made and everything is resolved.

#69 User is offline   Sleeping forumhound 

• Recruit

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

One question or addendum for all those wanting a fight with the errant or his end: From what is implied at the end of DoD, I would assume that we have seen the end of the Errant already: His eye has been used by Icarium as a finnest, I would assume the power drain is permanent...no?

#70 User is offline   Lucky Revenant 

• Corporal

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

I would definitely agree that the Errant has become a minor player in his own game. 

Additionally, I read in one of SE's interviews that TCG is supposed to be about heroism, which gives me hope that it won't end completely bleakly.

This post has been edited by Lucky Revenant: 19 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

#71 User is offline   ergault 

• Recruit

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostJimmyBole, on 27 February 2010 - 10:17 AM, said:

Karsa Urlong and the boys are gonna decend from the hills and wreak bloody mayhem on the whole thing. I thought it was gonna be a war with the K'Chain Che'Malle but that seems to have been sorted. So it can only be the forkrul assail, seems theres gonna be holy war between the assail, imass and jaghut. Olar ethil has turned the imass into savages again, Hood is back to join his jaghut troublemakin friends and undead assail are goin round in a storm killin everyone out on the land. All the gods will converge and fight for power. Krull (warrens) will die, magic will die and them old meteorites will crash and kill everything on the planet except those cannibal kids living in the glass house aka the garden of eden.

does any1 remember back 2 house of chains....karsa freeing the trapped "forkassal" calm...and didnt she tell him she would be there @ the end 2 give judgement....so i wouldn't discount karsa playing a big roll at the end

#72 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Karsa has to stay at Darujhistan to "kill a God", so if Kaminsod isnt wandering guy (with those legs I doubt it), Karsa will probably behead future Tyrant...;)
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#73 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Perhaps that means the Tyrant of Darujhistan is a Forkrul Assail, who I'm sure could produce a brutal cold-hearted dictator somewhere in their history. Maybe the Seguleh (as in the pickled Seguleh) originate as FA worshipers (Seguleh/Sechul Lath) and that accounts for their fetish for precise deadliness and rigid discipline. They wear those cold white masks after all.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#74 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

Wow, I like your Seguleh - Sechul Lath idea! Just cant imagine Second worshipping anyone or anything ;) But yeah, you have pretty interesting ideas... (I hope that Tyrant will be in SEīs Toblakai Trilogy..and not in ICEīs, because in that case Seguleh are dead people...he ruined my Crimson Guard!;))
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#75 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:38 AM

Well, considering T'orrud Segul means Shield Anvil, it's not a bad idea. And we know how SE loves to play with etymology.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#76 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

Yep, I twice forgot Torrud Segul translation. Imaging that Seguland is some brutal realm hive Shield Anvil is...awesome:) But...who could be Destra Irant (FA? Doesnt fit its style...) and Mortal Sword? (Toblakai?) ;)
- Fiddler

#77 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

I have been privileged to read The Crippled God and I am breathless. I'm not going to spoil anything obviously, and I'm not going to give any plot points away and I'm certainly not saying this to rub anyone up the wrong way - but man oh man - I am in awe, absolute fucking total awe. The man is genius.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#78 User is offline   Mott 

• High Marshall, Dinosaur Hunter, Lunapict
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Ah I am green with envy! I've just finished Dust of Dreams though so I feel a little stunned and have been drawing strange looks all trying while repeatedly muttering 'the Bonehunters'.

As much as I'd like to see a Paran/Errant show down I think it would be interesting if some ascension had taken place with the Bonehunters/letherii and The Errant had to face Brys. He did try to kill him, it would be nice to see Brys get a chance at revenge.

I hope we get more info on the jaghut war on death and the azath, I've been wondering since the last book if the two of them are in some way connected.

I can't see Quick Ben being dead, something in the way bottle commented on him being too obvious made me think he was up to something when that bolt hit him, but I might just be interpreting that wrong.

There's been a lot of talk about the next generations taking over so I hope we get to see the ending of some of the elder god's.

I think I need to stew some more over Dust of Dreams before having a chance at even guessing at an ending.

This post has been edited by Mott: 27 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

Mottfather, who art in chat, hallowed be thy name, thy empire come, thy magic be done, on wu as it is in warren. give us this day our daily cahpters, and forgive us our timeline, as we forgive yours, lead us not into goodkind, but deliver us from ayn rand, for thine is the series, the epic, the glory, I<3WJ ~ Obdi and GH

#79 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

Well Hetan, if you ain't going to tell us, thats fine.

Perhaps we'll have a review from Pat, or someone else,.....
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#80 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

View PostHetan, on 27 July 2010 - 08:19 AM, said:

I have been privileged to read The Crippled God and I am breathless. I'm not going to spoil anything obviously, and I'm not going to give any plot points away and I'm certainly not saying this to rub anyone up the wrong way - but man oh man - I am in awe, absolute fucking total awe. The man is genius.

Can you at least tell us if Aragan is in it?

D'rek, has her priorities straight...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users