• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Speculation thread nothing will be spoiled obviously Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

I can't help thinking that he means skill rather than power but if Quick can go from incapable of knocking out a necromancer and his pal with 6 warrens blazing to swatting dragons, who knows what could have happened with Kilava.

#42 User is offline   Ilona 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Something I'd really, really, (add a few more 'really's) like to see is more of Silchas Ruin. Although most likely he'll appear briefly, do something awesome, and vanish again (or die), leaving me reading and re-reading his lines or pages over and over again in hopes of catching some elusive deeper meanings. (His appearances in DoD did that. Not to mention the Andii flashback parts in TtH.)

*worships*
It was ever thus.

#43 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

I'd like to see Draconus interacting with his daughters but I expect I'll have to wait till Esslemont's Dahrujistan novel to see that

#44 User is offline   Old Hunch Arbat 

• Fist

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

I really hate to trivialize this thread but...the thought of Icarium and Mappo walking naked into the sunset cracks me up. Imagine the conversation?..."No, really, Icky old pal, old bean, we always touch one another like this...you really like it, remember?!"

Sorry - I'll crawl back into my septic tank again.

OHA

#45 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

@ Ben Adaephon Delat - Didn't Spite board a ship and leave Darujhistan at the end of TtH?

Which means she won't appear in the Daru novel by ICE... which in turn means we wont see Draconus interact with both daughters at once any time soon.
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#46 User is offline   Dancer+ 

• A Driven Individual
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

There's a lot of interesting prospects for the Crippled God but I wouldn't be lying if I said I had scarce idea how to pin down much that is very likely to happen let alone piecing together an intricate series of events. The Crippled God story has to get some resolution whether it's in part or full. I don't think this book will end as many people envisage. It's going to be a surprise filled entry, more so than usual in my opinion.

The book is set up for an unbelievable ending. I might give more thought to this thread when I get around to re-reading Dust of Dreams.

#47 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 19 November 2009 - 01:18 PM, said:

@ Ben Adaephon Delat - Didn't Spite board a ship and leave Darujhistan at the end of TtH?

Which means she won't appear in the Daru novel by ICE... which in turn means we wont see Draconus interact with both daughters at once any time soon.

Well that sucks. Seeing as he's achieved his objective of having them incapable of working together [for long] I doubt he feels any need to watch over them. I expect he'd like to have a word about them not helping him against Rake and he's probably interested in the whereabouts of his sister but I guess this is one of those things that are left to the readers imagination

#48 User is offline   The Dark Wanderer 

• Captain

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

I have a bad feeling that the first few hundred pages won't feature the aftermath of the Bonehunters big battle and will instead either return to Lether proper and see Seren Pedac and Tehol and co or possibly tell the story of why the Snake was there and what was happening in Kolanese. Although maybe not as that would really not work if the two books (DoD and TCG) are really just a book split in half.

#49 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

View PostThe Dark Wanderer, on 19 November 2009 - 06:16 PM, said:

I have a bad feeling that the first few hundred pages won't feature the aftermath of the Bonehunters big battle and will instead either return to Lether proper and see Seren Pedac and Tehol and co or possibly tell the story of why the Snake was there and what was happening in Kolanese. Although maybe not as that would really not work if the two books (DoD and TCG) are really just a book split in half.

You know what would be a total pwnage of an opening?? If we get a prehistoric prologue a la MT/ RG featuring either more Tiste and/ or Elder Gods and/ or Forkrul Assail... and then if book 1 (or most of it) is basically Paran arriving in the Wastelands and looking for the damn lizard army of awesome and the BH
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#50 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

View Postamphibian, on 16 September 2009 - 05:07 AM, said:

Father Light better be in The Crippled God.

I think K'rul will die. So too will Draconus. Kallor will ascend. Icarium will assume K'rul's role. Mappo will not meet Icarium again, but will understand what his friend sacrificed. Gothos will laugh at them both. Olar Ethil will live on. The importance of the Shake and Silchas Ruin going on a road trip with Rud Ellale will be revealed and we will go "WTF" and rejoice.

Either Shadowthrone or Cotillion will die. Tavore will not be Emperor. She will die. Ganoes will not be Emperor. He will live. I do not think Sinn will be Empress - would Grub let her rule with a fire elemental within her? I was thinking Temul, as the Wickans finally have a space to call their own, but Mallick may well remain Emperor until Grub finishes his term as "First Sword of the Late Empire period".

The Crippled God will be sent back to his realm. His power will go with him - thanks to Tavore.

Karsa will be left for later books.

1) Father Light cannot be the CG - Father Light was around before the Andii went to 'Wu', and when they arrived the KCCM were just dying, the Jaghut had lost their march against Death, and the Eres were still around. Which means FL has already been active well before the CG is summoned.

View PostMentalist, on 08 October 2009 - 04:15 AM, said:

probably Lostara.

she does the Shadow dance, as the warren begins to collapse.

Cotillion saves her, but dies.
oh, and the night before that, he comes to visit Lostara, so that she ends up like Seren in the end.

Nope, Shadowthrone completes a ritual to unite all the thrones he controls as one, creating one giant power base, at which point Kallor shows up and gets 'roped' by Cotillion, thereby dying, but killing ST in the process. Cotillion sits upon the throne, taking the power, and just fades into nothingness.

That is right, the ending of this series is a great big fade into nothingness, with people not sure what to do now. You know, kind of like after unexpected things happen in life.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#51 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

View PostObdigore, on 23 November 2009 - 10:40 PM, said:

That is right, the ending of this series is a great big fade into nothingness, with people not sure what to do now. You know, kind of like after unexpected things happen in life.

until karsa orlong comes wading in to reduce civilization to rubble
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#52 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

Obdi said:

1) Father Light cannot be the CG - Father Light was around before the Andii went to 'Wu', and when they arrived the KCCM were just dying, the Jaghut had lost their march against Death, and the Eres were still around. Which means FL has already been active well before the CG is summoned.

Amph said FL better be in the Crippled God, not be the Crippled God. Unless there's something weird going on amongst the gods that we don't know about, he was talking about the book.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#53 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:30 AM

I hope to see Silchas Ruin and Ryadd Eleis play a big role in TCG. Preferably with the former going on a murderous killing spree aimed at Olar Ethil. Heh heh heh.

By the way, just a quick question-what does the Owl signify? I've seen it in MT and RG, and I don't know what it is.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#54 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Where are all the high mages going ?

Is it a high mortality rate ? Or have they just vanished ? Are Bottle and QB still alive ? Will we see a return of Tays ? Will Sinn and Grub rejoin the Bonehunters ? What do you think ?
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#55 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

View PostAin, on 26 December 2009 - 08:30 AM, said:

By the way, just a quick question-what does the Owl signify? I've seen it in MT and RG, and I don't know what it is.

I pulled this from here

In the Egyptian system of hieroglyphs, owls signify night, death, the sun that has sunk into darkness; in the Hindu tradition, they represent the soul and Yama, god of the dead; and in China, images of owls carved on funeral urns symbolize death. The owl was an attribute of the god of darkness for the Etruscans, a chthonic sign for the Celts, who called it the "corpse bird," and the taboo animal of early metallurgists. In the pagan religion of the Abyssinian Hamites, owls were sacred and were believed to embody the souls of those who had died unavenged.

I'm thinking the owls either signify that a character is dead or about to die.

It's interesting, though, the Egyptian use for it. The sun that has sunk into darkness - seems to parallel what we know of Kurald Liosan somewhat, no?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#56 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

Never really noticed the owl references - can anyone recall them?
"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour" - Dancer

#57 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

OK, after reread of tBH and RG, I think that whole Tavoreīs plan is to anihilate Kolanse worshippers who wont let CG heal (Silchas iirc states it in RG). Than break his chains...and after that will be big bad badass god battle - Errastas and his bunch of basterds vs. Ublalaīs Boys (sorry, heīs more enigmatic than Tavore).
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#58 User is offline   stone wielder 

• Recruit

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:50 AM

Would anyone else agree to thinking that shadowthrone has already predicted the death of cotilion? I'm thinking he saved kalams life so that kalams then in his debt and shadowthrones gonna need a new patron of assasins, and who better than mekhar??

Apsalar has to pop up somewhere too although i wouldn't think it'll be in TCG, perhaps the bauchlain and korbal broach series? havnt started reading them yet, im re-reading the main story over and over to get more of a mind on whats happening...

Also the death of k'rul sounds likely, probably from kallor which will drive draconus into rage who kills kallor but leaving himself vunnerable to back stabbing, so he'll be killed and thats nightchill, k'rul, draconus, anomander and kallor gone, others will follow eg. kilmandaros because basically What Icariums done is looking like the start of a new world, all the old gods ect. will be killed or put to sleep. The likes of mael will live but i'm sure he understands the neccesity of backing off and letting new things open up.

Young Mallick's f**ked, but who to take the throne? Ganoes or Tavore would deserve it, but happy endings don't come very often in these books, I actually heard someone suggest Prince K'azz, but hardly!

Karsa should be in some of TCG because he's always clashed against him, and correct me if i'm wrong, which i could very well be, but did Karsa not vow to kill the CG at one stage?? I think he did, but i'm not sure! and Mr. Orlong usually follows through with his vows!

I think the next book will be mainly set in the wild lands east of lether, quick ben is dead, don't be fooled, although I would absolutley love to see him pop up out of nowhere and make the crippled god swallow 7 warrens of shit and destroy him, he wont! and what ever happened to kuru qan? Sandalath Drukorlat was revived from landing on TCG's coast, where she met withal, I know he was sucked out to the sea then but that brings up mael, who had alot of respect for kuru and didn't brys return from his watery grave?? Will kuru qan return? I hope so!! 1 book was not enough for such a great character.

Speaking of great characters, bottle I think has survived, He probably came close to madness but i think hes alive, there are surviving bone hunters and if i was a surviving bone hunter the 1st thing i would do is prop bottle up onto my sholders and leg it! Brys will still be alive, aswell as lostara and tavore and probably fiddler and hedge, if they were gonna die it would have been long ago. The forkrul ass's will find a war, but not with the bone hunters. (obviously) It will be all those who would oppose kilmandaros, draconus, mael and by the gods i hope we get to see Gothos wooping ass!! or maybe they'll lock horns with Karsa's menacing toblakai! what a fight that would be! or maybe... Silver Fox will finaly become usefull!
Although she probably got torn apart by this curiously powerful human army in assail...

And i read somewhere that the andii are finished? no, don't think for a second they are, they got mother dark back and a replacement for the awesomness that was anomander, not a very good replacement, since anomander is irreplacable, but a suitable 1. They'll pop up somewhere, i mean if Karsa means to destroy civilization itself, that means the andii too.

And the seguleh!!!!! we musn't forget the seguleh! They've been poping up everywhere, as if scouting, or exploring, Surely stories must be coming back to there isle of superb warriors who make mugs of them, and seguleh love to challenge formidable warriors so i think we might be seeing ALOT more of the seguleh!

Anywho, thats what i'm thinking might happen, let me know what you think!! ;-)

#59 User is offline   kingnothing 

• Sergeant

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

Ok.....gathering thoughts..................

......no idea what's going to happen.

there will be all kinds of levels of awesome though. You know I wouldn't put it past Erikson to actually give us quite a bit of closure. And not like a clean-cut, all falling into place one that usually happens because an author has no idea how to finish the damn story, but it will definately be a stunning, spectacular kick-ass climax.

I'd love to see the remaining bonehunters, letherii army et al dose out some serious herioc final stand woop ass on killy, errant knuckles and the FA, just to show that you don't screw around with humans Posted Image

#60 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

i recall an SE quote from somewhere, and he pretty much says that the final scene in the series has been percolating around his ol' noodle for years and years. since GotM was first written or something. so i'm expecting that the ending of tCG will be giving me a heart attack
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users