• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Speculation thread nothing will be spoiled obviously Rate Topic: -----

#121 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

View Postkingnothing, on 09 August 2010 - 10:26 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 09 August 2010 - 10:21 AM, said:

I think that there will be an Azath house in Kolanse. The azath have been a recurrent theme throughout the series, and I think this is how Paran will get to kolanse in the first place maybe??

Oh my effin god!!! Just thinking about paran emerging from an azath house followed by the Host to woop some FA ass just blew my mind. And it was even more amazing since as I was reading it I was listening to the 'INCEPTION' soundtrack!!
Could you imagine that music playing to Paran emerging out of the azath when all hope seems to be lost??? Oh god I have shivers and I don't even care if it won't happen haha

That give me goodebumps as well, I did not know what I was dfoing at the time but someone mentioned that the last book has to be set in the same area as DoD, then I was thinking about Paran and how he would get there super quick from seven cities, and then it hit me, the Azath, why not? they are evrywhere aren't they, it is plausible!! Otherwise he would have to show Paran's journey, and this may take to long in the scope of things! it does sound awesome!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#122 User is offline   kingnothing 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

View PostTattersail, on 09 August 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

I think that there will be an Azath house in Kolanse. The azath have been a recurrent theme throughout the series, and I think this is how Paran will get to kolanse in the first place maybe??

Oh my effin god!!! Just thinking about paran emerging from an azath house followed by the Host to woop some FA ass just blew my mind. And it was even more amazing since as I was reading it I was listening to the 'INCEPTION' soundtrack!!
Could you imagine that music playing to Paran emerging out of the azath when all hope seems to be lost??? Oh god I have shivers and I don't even care if it won't happen haha

That give me goodebumps as well, I did not know what I was dfoing at the time but someone mentioned that the last book has to be set in the same area as DoD, then I was thinking about Paran and how he would get there super quick from seven cities, and then it hit me, the Azath, why not? they are evrywhere aren't they, it is plausible!! Otherwise he would have to show Paran's journey, and this may take to long in the scope of things! it does sound awesome!!

It's so crazy that it makes perfect sense for paran to use the azath. I wonder how far from truth that actually is....

#123 User is offline   GingerBreadMan 

• High Fist

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

If there is an Azath there I think it will play a bigger role than a gateway..

Cotillion has hinted that the Azath are losing a battle and that is why he and Shadowthrone have gotten involved..so I suspect they will try to reinvigorate the Azath and keep away chaos.

He also mentions that the Azath are powered by forgotten elementals

Perhaps they intend to stop the chaos that is caused by the Soletaken Eleint and perhaps they will take it even further and try to trap Gods?

Like the Path of Hands but on a larger scale, leading all the major powers of the universe into one massive trap that will both push back chaos AND strengthen the Azath(and presumably Shadowthrone)

#124 User is offline   The Tiger of Summer 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Likes:
    Malazan Book of the Fallen
    Wheel of Time
    Paintball
    Zombie Apocalypses
    Melee Weapons Combat
    Groundation (Jah Jah Know), google it...
    Marvel Comics
    Batman and Superman
    Throwing Knives
    Mel Gibson
    Grooveshark
    My Cutlasses

Dislikes:
    World of Warcraft
    Larping
    Vampires (and their Diaries)
    Romance (of any kind)
    Harry Potter (he's a dweeb)
    Elves (and Dwarves)
    Country Music
    Elves Playing Country Music (taylor swift)
  • The True North Strong and Free

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

Surviving Bonehunters: Fiddler, Hedge, Tarr, Smiles and Koryk, Corabb Bhin Thu'alas, BOTTLE!!! Deadsmell, Throatslitter, The Ashok Squad, Hellian, Touchy and Brethless, Crump, Nefarias Bredd, Faradan Sort, the Adjunct, Lostara Yil etc. I don't see Erikson carving these characters out of the picture as he seems fond of each. Oh yah, Skulldeath too... I just finished my second lap of Reaper's Gale and haven't re-read Dust of Dreams yet to confirm all these folks are around, but these are my guesses for survivors. I don't think Quick Ben died either. I think he will end up in Kharakanas somehow because of the Magus of Dark card Fiddler dealt him at the reading.

As for the Crip himself, I think he'll be unchained but I don't think he'll be the good guy people are dreaming him up to be. Re-read the end of Bonehunters and tell me you think his City of the Fallen is something for goodguys. I would love to see the efficacy of Broods Hammer. Right to the Crippled God's Unchained Face, however unlikely. The feel I'm getting is, take away the chains, and you take away his power, but how do you release the chains? That Ritual was woven by Elder Gods and other glorious ascendants (Gothos, Hood, Brood, yada yada) Will they all have to agree to his release, perhaps like the scene with the T'rohlbarahl at the beginning of Bonehunters? Maybe Paran and CG will have a reckoning of some kind. Perhaps he will be mauled by Gesler and Stormy's Rampaging Lizard Brigade. Too many possibilities although the Crip is pretty potent. He has been foiled time and time again, like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget... I doubt Dr. Claw had Floating Jade Space Giants from the Moon. Not in any episode I've ever seen.

I can't wait for Toc and Tool to reunite. They have missed eachother by minutes a few times now. Toc will get it right in the end. I hope so for the world's sake. The First Sword: Angry Mega Imass Mode post-Hetan's hobbling was a sight to see. Scared me. Tool is one of my favorite characters of the series.

Who do you think will be promoted to Fist now that Keneb and Blistig are out?
Fiddler? Faradan Sort? Ruthan Gudd was awesome. I wish he lived.

so much left to happen i don't know how he'll do it.
oh yah i do...

more books.
'lo there do i see my father. lo there so i see my mother and my sister and my brother. lo do they bid me to come to them and take my place, in the hallowed halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.'

#125 User is offline   poeg 

• Recruit

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:45 PM

The exclusion of many ascendants I can let slide but not paying close attention to the every evolving Ganoes Paran is a laughable offence. Logically he's the wild card and as I see it not the master of any aspect of "The Hounds" but their potential alpha. Add that to his triple threat ascendancy of MoD, Bridgeburner and what appears to be an aspect of "The Hounds" within him, he's where I pin all my hopes for an elemental representative of his ages humanity. Let's not also forget he's willing to do whatever is necessary to balance things out. If there's to be any hope for the myriad misunderstood baddies (its all perspective anyway), we'll find it in his character.

#126 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

I think it will be the most senior captain alive
Say hello to Fist Kindly
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#127 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

View PostTattersail, on 09 August 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

Is it at all feasible that Paran is already in or around Kolanse? The last we truly saw of him was when Picker "skyped" him in the Azath at D'istan, and he told her that they'd just landed in a huge mess. Obviously there are many, many "huge messes" across Wu and in almost every warren that would be equally as likely, no reason to believe it's Kolanse. But what if they get there and Paran is already there?

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#128 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

View PostD, on 28 July 2010 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostImperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 28 July 2010 - 09:39 AM, said:

View Postworrywort, on 27 July 2010 - 05:42 PM, said:

This is only a guess but I'm gonna spoiler it anyway:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I favour more with worrywort's, simply because of the "and its what all the others are leading up to" bit.

I'm thinking
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ciceronian: 16 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#129 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

View PostImperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 25 October 2010 - 07:11 PM, said:

Say hello to Fist Kindly

And Captain Hellian.

View PostCiceronian, on 16 November 2010 - 08:39 PM, said:

...Is it at all feasible that Paran is already in or around Kolanse? The last we truly saw of him was when Picker "skyped" him in the Azath at D'istan, and he told her that they'd just landed in a huge mess. Obviously there are many, many "huge messes" across Wu and in almost every warren that would be equally as likely, no reason to believe it's Kolanse. But what if they get there and Paran is already there?

Entirely possible, but the storyline may jump back in time to show us how he got there and ended up in trouble.

Or Tavore's troops may discover Paran and what's left of the Host, them having arrived and gotten their butts kicked.

Either way it's all good. I lean towards expecting the latter because Paran's Host is basically peopled by a fairly disposable set of characters who have received minimal development. They could be killed off to make the point that the enemy is that nasty or just to set up Paran's status for the book. SE did that with the Grey Swords back in RG.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#130 User is offline   Tather Demaleon 

• Recruit

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

I don't care what happens aslong as Paran gets attention, and Toc kills Tool.
T'ather Demaleon

Elder God of Sail Makers, Tailors and Underwater Ceramics Technicians

#131 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

I bet the first 100-200 pages won't even mention the Bonehunters, just so SE can leave us hanging a little longer about who made it through the Nah'ruk (but not through their digestive tracts, methinks). If I haven't read about them in the first 50 pages, I'm skipping forward to the point where they appear.

I'm hoping the first paragraph will be something like:

"Throatslitter wandered through the disorganised Bonhunter camp, Deadsmell at his side. They past Fiddler's squad, intact except for Koryk, and next to them Sinter, Balm and Urb were discussing what came next. Just beyond them, Fist Kindly and Fist Neffarious Bredd walked past ..."

Or something like that. Please, SE, I need to know ASAP if these guys made it through!
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#132 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

Re-read a few random scenes of TtH recently, and some interesting bits that lead to crazy speculation:

1. The Builder Nimander encounters at Gotho's place, who builds a tower and disappears. When Nimander comes out, Gothos says "I was saving that one!". Personally I think when Gothos was going into the Azaths and they disappear, Gothos is taking them to specific locations. Hence, I think he was keeping the Builder around as he intended to create an Azath somewhere soon, so I'm anticipating a part in tCG where an Azath is supposed to show and doesn't, or something like that. Also it's apparently a big deal that there was/is an Azath in the blood of dragons, or something like that.

2. Toc/Bruk/Iskar Jarak tells Gruntle that the members of his Legion aren't with Hood's dead. So a possible undead Trake Legion sort of force showing up. Could go well with the wolf-eaten Grey Swords speculation.

3. I fully expect the undead dragon from TtH (not Tulas Shorn, the one that talks to Kallor) to show up and be, in fact, the dragon that shaped the warren of Hood's Path (and to be named Merrid).

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#133 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:58 AM

Lately I have been thinking that the crippled god would assume the aspect of the imperial warren much like the beast throne and the Wolves of Winter. The Malazan Book of the Fallen would then add the aspect of being about the Fallen God.

The new warrens created by Icarium would be used by Grub and Sinn and become what the imperial warren is today a masterless warren for the Malazan Empire mages to use paving the way for Grub to eventually become First Sword of the Empire with someone other than Mallick Rel as Emperor.

:hulk:

Wild Winternight conjectures...
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#134 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 November 2010 - 09:01 PM, said:

Say hello to Fist Kindly

And Captain Hellian.

...Is it at all feasible that Paran is already in or around Kolanse? The last we truly saw of him was when Picker "skyped" him in the Azath at D'istan, and he told her that they'd just landed in a huge mess. Obviously there are many, many "huge messes" across Wu and in almost every warren that would be equally as likely, no reason to believe it's Kolanse. But what if they get there and Paran is already there?

Entirely possible, but the storyline may jump back in time to show us how he got there and ended up in trouble.

Or Tavore's troops may discover Paran and what's left of the Host, them having arrived and gotten their butts kicked.

Either way it's all good. I lean towards expecting the latter because Paran's Host is basically peopled by a fairly disposable set of characters who have received minimal development. They could be killed off to make the point that the enemy is that nasty or just to set up Paran's status for the book. SE did that with the Grey Swords back in RG.

I would not be at all opposed to the first 1/4 of the book focusing exclusively on Paran ala Karsa in HoC, backtracking and then ending with him and the Host arriving in Kolanse, while the rest of the finale shifts back to the Bonehunters and company working their way towards converging with them. Mind you, I don't think this will actually happen, but it seems to me like something Erikson would do - leave us on the edge of our seats at the end of DoD and then keep us squirming by shifting his focus away from the Wastelands entirely for a few hundred pages.

#135 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

[[/quote]
I would not be at all opposed to the first 1/4 of the book focusing exclusively on Paran ala Karsa in HoC, backtracking and then ending with him and the Host arriving in Kolanse, while the rest of the finale shifts back to the Bonehunters and company working their way towards converging with them. Mind you, I don't think this will actually happen, but it seems to me like something Erikson would do - leave us on the edge of our seats at the end of DoD and then keep us squirming by shifting his focus away from the Wastelands entirely for a few hundred pages.
[/quote]

**SPOILER**

SE definitely 'left us on the edge of our seats' re: bonehunters in the opening chapter, found on the Tor site. The bonehunters didn't appear in that, and were only referred to briefly, in the conversation between Krul and Mael. I'm thinking either that the next chapter will be on them, or we won't see them for a while. There are soooo many other arcs he could run with first, if he wanted to leave us hanging.

This post has been edited by Bombur: 10 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

#136 User is offline   warbob 

• Recruit

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

If you ask me - continueing SE's very philosophical and intelligent style, everything will clash and slash and stuff ... and then Burn will say "Damn you I don't care about you at all! I am tired of you all using powers upon my creation , i'm tired of your sick manipulations , i'm tired of cripple god poisoning me!I will destroy the world and remake it once again ... " etc SE says - dude we're insignificant,our lifes have no meaning and everything can end just so suddenly. THE END :thumbup:?

#137 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

I hope that this, verbatim, is how it ends.

View Postwarbob, on 11 February 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

"Damn you I don't care about you at all! I am tired of you all using powers upon my creation , i'm tired of your sick manipulations , i'm tired of cripple god poisoning me!I will destroy the world and remake it once again ... "

And that this, verbatim, is SE's afterword (including the emoticon.)

View Postwarbob, on 11 February 2011 - 06:57 PM, said:

dude we're insignificant,our lifes have no meaning and everything can end just so suddenly. THE END :thumbup:?

#138 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

View PostAbyss, on 16 November 2010 - 09:01 PM, said:

Say hello to Fist Kindly

And Captain Hellian.

I think Pat said that Paran wasn't where we expect him to be, so while it's highly likely that he'll arrive in Kolanse at some point during the book (I think it would be very strange if he didn't), I have a feeling that he won't be there when we first see him -- he'll be somewhere seemingly random and in a bit of a possibly unrelated pickle (or a very relevant pickle, but a pickle nonetheless).
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#139 User is offline   Inkiper 

• fist full of steel

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

They all dead by somehow-remember what is the title of the book--Malazan Book of FALLEN , but i also think that we might see few characters later in "Toblakai Trilogy" . ofcourse do anyone knows something about Erikson's Toblokai????

This post has been edited by Inkiper: 16 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Knowledge & Wisdom

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users