• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Speculation thread nothing will be spoiled obviously Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

From what I'm hearing in this thread it sounds like it's impossible for me to fully understand this series unless I read ICE's books. I've started reading Night of Knives and whilst it doesn't suck I wasn't planning on buying everything he writes like Erikson. Looks like I'll have to now.

#22 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

Heboric to do the ultimate Shield Anvil act and take on the Crippled God's pain and anguish.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#23 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Isnt he already Destirant?:( And I do not think he posses compassion. I bet on Itkovian in this case:)
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#24 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

View PostBen Adephon Delat, on 01 November 2009 - 08:29 PM, said:

From what I'm hearing in this thread it sounds like it's impossible for me to fully understand this series unless I read ICE's books. I've started reading Night of Knives and whilst it doesn't suck I wasn't planning on buying everything he writes like Erikson. Looks like I'll have to now.

This is not true.. there is more than enough to speculate on in SE's books without buying ICE's. :(
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#25 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

There's certainly enough but it's been strongly suggested that if I want to know what happens to every character then I'm going to have read ICE because certain characters from the "main" series will have their stories concluded in his book. I'm not saying I hate his books I'm just saying that it's gone from a nice addition as I though to being a nigh essential part of the series

#26 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

Yep, it has its drawback. NoK isnt so important (except few nice Old Guard flashbacks) but RotCG really is important.
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#27 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

Well based on what I hear Tavore becoming Empress seems unlikely unless there's a timeskip between the last chapter and the prologue or this whole affairs taken longer than I thought. Though knowing Erikson she'll probably die in an unpleasant fashion.

I expect a lot of Bonehunters are still alive but if they were pissed off at Tavore before it's nothing compared to how they'll be now. I expect we'll see mass desertions or her revealing her plan in detail. I expect Kisswhere to become somewhat more prominent probably as the voice of dissent. Fiddler is probably due a promotion. Brys is almost certainly alive and is likely to display even more of his awesome swordsmanship.Draconus and Ublala are going to crash Errant's party and we're going to see Kilava unleashed against Olar which may result in her death knowing how unpleasant this bookhas been known to get.

#28 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

I really like the Draconus shown in DoD, he's badass.

Captain Fiddler anyone ?

And new Bridgeburners.... nice

Oh and WJ at the gates of Death will get a showing again I think
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#29 User is offline   chaosek 

• Sergeant

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

View PostBen Adephon Delat, on 02 November 2009 - 03:31 PM, said:

and we're going to see Kilava unleashed against Olar which may result in her death knowing how unpleasant this bookhas been known to get.

Olar Ethil will get wtf pwnd by four arrogant horsemen, or so I would think (although they couldn't even pwn Gesler and friends). This would be the most epic, I forgot that those people were still around, in the whole series.

#30 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

Olar IMHO know that Kilava became stronger than her. Ritual of Tellan "froze" OE and Kilava trained and developed for thousands of years. Damn, she even drove Errant off Serren Pedac only by her warning.
- Fiddler

#31 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

View Postchaosek, on 03 November 2009 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostBen Adephon Delat, on 02 November 2009 - 03:31 PM, said:

and we're going to see Kilava unleashed against Olar which may result in her death knowing how unpleasant this bookhas been known to get.

Olar Ethil will get wtf pwnd by four arrogant horsemen, or so I would think (although they couldn't even pwn Gesler and friends). This would be the most epic, I forgot that those people were still around, in the whole series.

THAT would be awesome!:()

"I am Burn and everything and Ill save world!"

"Brother Jarrud, thats the Dead dragon" "OK, slash her and lets go home before arrives that company including Shield Anvil and munition throwers"
- Fiddler

#32 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

View PostUlrik, on 03 November 2009 - 07:16 PM, said:

Olar IMHO know that Kilava became stronger than her. Ritual of Tellan "froze" OE and Kilava trained and developed for thousands of years. Damn, she even drove Errant off Serren Pedac only by her warning.

From what Mael suggested it seemed way more complicated a matter than Kilava being strong enough to drive off the Errant

#33 User is offline   Spiridon_Deannis 

• Sergeant

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:54 AM

View PostImperial High Mage Tayschrenn, on 02 November 2009 - 07:30 PM, said:

Captain Fiddler anyone ?

Uh-uh...I feel rather some ascension in the air here...

And anyway - why have a giant Empire with mere mortals when you can have... a whole Pantheon of Gods ?
So darn many Malazans ascending and quietly taking over key spots...this...this is like the early conquering days of Kellanved and Dancer all over f*cking dejavuh again...

This post has been edited by Spiridon_Deannis: 06 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

#34 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

View PostBen Adephon Delat, on 03 November 2009 - 09:01 PM, said:

From what Mael suggested it seemed way more complicated a matter than Kilava being strong enough to drive off the Errant

From my view Errant came to finish his job with Knight of Shadows, flambed two lesser gods and during trespassing Maelīs wards saw really angry black panther and with vision fight with her, Master of Deck and bluffing Brys simply chose to retreat.

IMHO Kilava belongs to most powerful ascendats in actual age.
- Fiddler

#35 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:00 AM

View PostBen Adephon Delat, on 03 November 2009 - 09:01 PM, said:

I got the impression that that passage was aimed at his fans a bit... like telling us to stop with the "who is the most powerful out of xxx and yyy?" becuase it totaly oversimplifies the issue ;)
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#36 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

plus at that moment the errant had: kilava, mael, ursto hoobutt and his sometimes wife pinosel, fiddler and brys threatening him and *maybe* the master of the deck about to jump in and tear his arse apart. i would have backed down too
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#37 User is offline   Hellian's Keg Lid 

• Shiksa Goddess

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Regardless of the Errant, its Rud's point to Olar that Kilava has surpassed her... Which she cannot dispute.

The Errant didn't flambé the two lesser gods, Mael says they got caught by the reading because they were too close to her when Fiddler nailed the card to the table - he denied the reading claiming or marking the unborn child. Mael says he had to fight it, and it made him edgy, the Kilava thing was afterwards, a "what if he had come" sort of thing - "oh then Kilava would have blah blah".
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

#38 User is offline   Ben Adephon Delat 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

With regards Olar am I correct in assuming that she's an Elder God who like Sister of Cold Nights took a mortal form and all the frailties resulting from that. Unlike Nightchill though she became undead thanks to the Ritual. Assuming my assumption can be assumed to be correct my question is this would Olar at the time when she was flesh be an above average level bonecaster because when referenced on GotM it's implied she can throw out more powerful magics than were being flung about by Tayschrenn & his mages and Anomander. Kilava hasn't done anything that would make me put her at that level. Sure Tool's swords are unbreakable but whilst I know of shattered Imass weapons I've not seen what shattered them. Other than that charm/ward/spell Kilava tends to stick to going all catlike rather than throwing spells about. She's implied as being on par with or stronger than Treach in her soletaken form but I can't see it doing much against a soletaken dragon

#39 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Olar Eithil is an Elder Goddess, the Matron of all Bonescasters, the first Bonecaster and Maker of the Ritual of Tellann. Without her power the ritual would not have happened - so she was pretty powerful. However her power stopped growing because of the ritual (as has been written here) whilst Kilava Onass is still flesh and blood and her power has been growing through these 300,000 years or so.

"She is the oldest true Bonecaster of all, Olar Ethil. The others ceased to grow once they surrendered to the Ritual. And look at yourself – the same is true. You are only what you once were, that and nothing more. If Kilava wishes to remain undetected, so it shall be. You do not rule this world, Olar Ethil. You surrendered that privilege long ago, with your very own Ritual." (DoD)

The Errant has this to say - "You imagine, nothing more. Tiam's daughter did not outlive her mother – this thing has embraced the Ritual of Telann – she is less than she once was." (DoD)

So yeah, I wouldn't write Kilava off so easily.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#40 User is offline   beru 

• shy guy
  • Interests:gaming (strategy/tactic first persons)<br />reading<br />swiming

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:53 PM

never wirte the acient cat woman of to soon

espessialy if they are mages as a side job...
i want to see this world where T'lan imass kneels

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users