• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Speculation thread nothing will be spoiled obviously Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

So what are people's predictions for the final installment of the series? Will Heboic embrace the CG's pain? Will the Errant continue to have his ass handed to him? Are the Jade Suns Kaminsod's emo army? Will Hood pull out some mad awesome Jaghuttery and stomp Killy's ass into the ground? Will ST take over the world with his maniacal plots?

Or will the entire world be DESTROYED? *DUN DUN DUN*

All crazy theories welcome. :)
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

View PostMappo's Travelling Sack, on Aug 28 2009, 03:54 PM, said:

So what are people's predictions for the final installment of the series? Will Heboic embrace the CG's pain? Will the Errant continue to have his ass handed to him? Are the Jade Suns Kaminsod's emo army? Will Hood pull out some mad awesome Jaghuttery and stomp Killy's ass into the ground? Will ST take over the world with his maniacal plots?

Or will the entire world be DESTROYED? *DUN DUN DUN*

All crazy theories welcome. B)

They'll stick every moranth munition in the world into the wagon from Dragnipur and detonate them. Every character from the series will have a brief few paragraphs of philosophical musing for the next few hundred pages, then the epilogue will have Aragan becoming Supreme Ruler of the Known Universe over the last few groveling peasants still alive.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   SporadicSmiles 

• Recruit

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

The world ending would be too good to be true =P. Not enough books end that way if you ask me, i like the bad guys winning. Of course no cut and dry bad guy in these books, i guess its all POV.

I want to see that damn jhistal priest, i forgot his name off the top of my head (thats what happens when you do a chemistry phD, usful knowledge about TMBOF die!!), to get his ass handed him by Mael.

Stormy and Ges to conquer the world anyone? =>.

#4 User is offline   Urizen 

• First Sword

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

View PostSporadicSmiles, on Sep 2 2009, 09:20 AM, said:

The world ending would be too good to be true =P. Not enough books end that way if you ask me, i like the bad guys winning. Of course no cut and dry bad guy in these books, i guess its all POV.

I want to see that damn jhistal priest, i forgot his name off the top of my head (thats what happens when you do a chemistry phD, usful knowledge about TMBOF die!!), to get his ass handed him by Mael.

Stormy and Ges to conquer the world anyone? =>.

Mallick Rel and Mael do have some interaction in ROTCG....
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."

#5 User is offline   SporadicSmiles 

• Recruit

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

They do?

My bad, i cant remember what happens in that book at all..

It can in the reread shelf

#6 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

Ublala and Draconus clashes will Kilmandaros and Knuckles and UBLALA SMASH! her:)

Setoc will join Grey Helms and they get their loved last stand...Olar Ethil got chop to pieces by Kilava after finding what she done to Tool...Heboric becames otataral dragon and...dunno...:lol: ...Tavore in worst need summons Ganoes by knife and Master of Deck...well...draw card of chain and shatters him...Quick Ben survives and look very mysteriosly whole book and do nothing...Tavoe went back to Malaz, kills Mallick, declares herself Empress with Cotillion behind her, bcause she is Talon...:D

...and Mappo find naked Icarium who doesnt remember anything and go for a walk...
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#7 User is offline   clanless 

• Corporal

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:36 AM

View PostUlrik, on 13 September 2009 - 04:41 PM, said:

Ublala and Draconus clashes will Kilmandaros and Knuckles and UBLALA SMASH! her:)

Setoc will join Grey Helms and they get their loved last stand...Olar Ethil got chop to pieces by Kilava after finding what she done to Tool...Heboric becames otataral dragon and...dunno...Posted Image ...Tavore in worst need summons Ganoes by knife and Master of Deck...well...draw card of chain and shatters him...Quick Ben survives and look very mysteriosly whole book and do nothing...Tavoe went back to Malaz, kills Mallick, declares herself Empress with Cotillion behind her, bcause she is Talon...Posted Image

...and Mappo find naked Icarium who doesnt remember anything and go for a walk...

My theory is that Kallor shows up right after the massive final battle,knifes whoevers left alive and then walks off into the sunset. Preferably with a hearty F*** you to someone in there.

#8 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:07 AM

Father Light better be in The Crippled God.

I think K'rul will die. So too will Draconus. Kallor will ascend. Icarium will assume K'rul's role. Mappo will not meet Icarium again, but will understand what his friend sacrificed. Gothos will laugh at them both. Olar Ethil will live on. The importance of the Shake and Silchas Ruin going on a road trip with Rud Ellale will be revealed and we will go "WTF" and rejoice.

Either Shadowthrone or Cotillion will die. Tavore will not be Emperor. She will die. Ganoes will not be Emperor. He will live. I do not think Sinn will be Empress - would Grub let her rule with a fire elemental within her? I was thinking Temul, as the Wickans finally have a space to call their own, but Mallick may well remain Emperor until Grub finishes his term as "First Sword of the Late Empire period".

The Crippled God will be sent back to his realm. His power will go with him - thanks to Tavore.

Karsa will be left for later books.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#9 User is offline   buddhacat 

• Fist

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

View Postamphibian, on 16 September 2009 - 05:07 AM, said:

Either Shadowthrone or Cotillion will die. Tavore will not be Emperor. She will die. Ganoes will not be Emperor. He will live. I do not think Sinn will be Empress - would Grub let her rule with a fire elemental within her? I was thinking Temul, as the Wickans finally have a space to call their own, but Mallick may well remain Emperor until Grub finishes his term as "First Sword of the Late Empire period".

ICE has already said somewhere that his next book - Stonewielder - is set a couple of years after RCG, and Malick Rel is still the Emperor.

Buddhacat

#10 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

Really? Damned spoilerist ICE! ;) OK, Tavore dies, c´est la vie...:D

...but Mallick...? That stinky toad? Uh-huh...so be it...

This post has been edited by Ulrik: 16 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Being optimisticīs worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. Itīs bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#11 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

View Postbuddhacat, on 16 September 2009 - 05:57 AM, said:

ICE has already said somewhere that his next book - Stonewielder - is set a couple of years after RCG, and Malick Rel is still the Emperor.

It's set less than two years after RCG and honestly, Draconus arriving doesn't necessarily throw off the concurrence of Stonewielder and The Crippled God.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12 User is offline   frank 

• Captain

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Everything will be turned around sinsce obviously, (to me at least) tCG is more of a good guy than we were previously led to belive. And the gods are obviously bigger bastards too.
Cagey has obviously been playing pure defence (I think it was Quick Ben who said so) and there's a lot of hints about how the races would be better of without the goods lording away and dragging their asses into disasters.

#13 User is offline   Amaunet 

• Recruit

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

I think Whiskeyjack may be key in the resolution of the series. I've always wondered why SE gave him that name, which is an anglicisation of the Cree 'Wisakedjak'. There are many variations of the myth ( of course), but in a nutshell it goes that Wisakedjak was responsible for the First World being destroyed by the Creator. But, more importantly, Wisakedjak was then directly responsible (with the assistance of Wolf) in creating the Second World - our world. Didn't think it was of any relevance since Whiskeyjack was killed off so soon in the series, but now that he's back and in a pivotal position I'm beginning to wonder.
Then again, SE may just have liked the sound of the name.....somethimes a cigar is just a cigar.
"Okay. I'm lost. I'm angry. And, I'm armed." - Malcolm Reynolds

#14 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

Well, CG, has to go away, because he's still poisoning Burn, that hasn't changed at all.

Icarium will find peace in the city he's built, and from there he will let the new warrrens spread.

The jade statues will start falling, but K'rul will sacrifice himself and the old warrens to absorb the damage ala the Imperial Warren

The Grey Helms will face Skinner and get shredded.

Tavore will get overwhelmed by the FAs,, but at the last moment Paran will appear with 50k Liosan army and we will all go WTF? untill ICE writes the Assail novel.

Killy will free the OD, and it will kill a bunch of gods, including Cotillion, but then Draconus will drop by to beat the crap out of the errant, and the dragons from Shadow will show up so that Tiam can be reborn and go fight the OD for eternity.

Silchas Ruin will get his sword back from the Shake and somehow him and Rud will restore KE, and Seren will be Queen of HH Shadow untill her son grows up. she will give birth same time as the Eres, and the Shake will inherit KE.

We will all be left with a million of questions, and we won't get any answers untill ICE is done writing.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#15 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

Not only do I think Cotillion is toast, but I think he sacrifices himself for some human. Tavore? Quick Ben?

#16 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:15 AM

probably Lostara.

she does the Shadow dance, as the warren begins to collapse.

Cotillion saves her, but dies.
oh, and the night before that, he comes to visit Lostara, so that she ends up like Seren in the end.

#17 User is offline   Ulrik 

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

I think that Cotillions role will be in stopping Ammanas, even killing him. If he dies during it...? 

Perish will take full force of FA and probably dies heroicly and forgotten, bcause nobody will know about this cataclysm. 

Draconus chops Killy, Ublala CGīs chains...

Rest of i dare not to even guess:)
- Fiddler

#18 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

View PostMentalist, on 08 October 2009 - 04:15 AM, said:

probably Lostara.

she does the Shadow dance, as the warren begins to collapse.

Cotillion saves her, but dies.
oh, and the night before that, he comes to visit Lostara, so that she ends up like Seren in the end.

Makes more sense.

Tavore MUST learn about her sister.

#19 User is offline   Theotendo 

• Unfunny Fool of the Abyssmal Army
  • Interests:The humor of unfunny jokes.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

I think she already knows. Considering everything else she seems preternaturally aware of, it wouldn't surprise me. Finding out who her source is, THAT is going to be interesting.

Kalam's return, anyone?
...I think I stepped in something...untoward...

#20 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

that'd be cool, but I don't see where he'd fit. He's not a soldier, he's an assassin. and the Bonehunters are going to war against the FAs, they're not there to infiltrate them.

if anyhting, I can see Kalam being back in the context of either Quon Tali or the Darujhistan settting.

or, maybe, Korel.

Basically for Kalam to be back and for it to mean anything, we need a setting with a lot of faction infighting and assasins.

somehow, I don't think tCG will be about assassins.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users