• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#101 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I don't know if any of you are interested in the music, but if you are, this guy has put together three hours of it here

#102 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

So, I've fallen behind on updating this thread BUT NO LONGER

GUILD WARS 2 BETA WEEKEND EVENT TWO TOMORROW PEEPS AND PEEPETTES

Start up your clients and get those updates downloaded! There's a lot of them, so I'd hurry. Highlights of this build include characters made last beta weekend being kept, a level 25-35 zone being opened and access to the explorable versions of the Ascalon Catacombs once you hit 35, and a huge laundry list of problems from last time being fixed for this one!

Downsides NO MORE SIT JUMPING I AM DESTROYED
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#103 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Playing Guild Wars 2, man this shit is so fun
Name an MMO lets you shoot rabbits with guns
Grab a flamethrower
Burn big lizards and bad wizards in the sun

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#104 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

I have decided I will buy this game with my tax return.

That is all.
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#105 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

You have made an excellent decision.

#106 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

He has, hasn't he?

This BWE was even better than the last one. Fuck knows what they tweaked with the combat but I had a MUCH better sense of what I was doing in huge crowds of players during DE's.

I was gutted when I finished the Lvl 20 stage of my personal story and saw the 'Continued on Release' message.

Also, Guardian + Greatsword is stupidly fun.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#107 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

It really is isn't it?
I was playing my guardian with a greatsword alongside Illy's for the little bit I got to play this weekend (we were away at a wedding for most of it). I also really like the hammer (goes especially well when coordinated with another melee character, and I frikkin' love the torch. The flame breath, looks and sound so awesome as is really rather damaging. Oh, and the staff, stupidly wide autoattack is stupidly wide :)

Glad you liked it Centz :harhar:
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#108 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Oh man, you have no idea how fun the guardian greatsword is until you've used the fifth skill, Binding Blade (which throws a bunch of ethereal blades chained to you out to about five dudes which does damage over time AND you can hit it again to draw them all to you) outside a gate siege in WvW and drag a defending thief standing too close to the edge off the paraphets to his impact and swordy death. Of course, the thief could do the same back with Scorpion Wire in the opposite situation but that's only fair. AND they're extending the range of the scepter and staff for next time, since the guardian has the worst range options and they want to fix that.

#109 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

I was in MN all weekend so didn't get to play, did any of you do the Dungeon?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#110 User is offline   Centzon Totochtin 

• For Pony!
  • Interests:Stuff, and sometimes also things.
  • Bunnies!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

I probably wont play in the beta's much, as I prefer to wait for the finished product so I can fully enjoy the game :harhar: But I thoroughly enjoyed the hour or so I played while Luci was at the wedding on his log in (Thanks Luci!). I played a Ranger with a Long Bow... was awesome :)
That Elephant is looking rather frayed at the edges

#111 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

View PostObdigore, on 14 June 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I was in MN all weekend so didn't get to play, did any of you do the Dungeon?

Just the story version, the silver enemies ruined us a bunch of times but that's mostly because of tight hallways and melee dudes blocking you from reaching the damage dealers. The bosses weren't too bad, save the couple who got stronger when they were closer who I believe everyone hates. The explorable is apparently the literal devil though, so I don't know.

#112 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

ALSO here is a map with all the major Guild Wars 1 locations marked on the Guild Wars 2 areas, with a few rather interesting location matchups. It's also pretty big, so behind the spoiler box it goes:

Spoiler

#113 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

2 things:

1. Stress test for four hours starting 10am GMT on Wednesday, so 11am to 3pm for English type folk

2. As a followup to the previous post of hugeness, someone found a a texture in the .dat file for a globe of Tyria the world:

Posted Image

And here is that map with the GW2 Tyria continent and GW1 Cantha and Elona continent maps added:

Posted Image

OH GEE I WONDER IF THEY'LL HAVE SPACE TO EXPAND

#114 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

RELEASE DATE!!!

August 28th :D
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#115 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Damn, you beat me to it!
And only by like 10 minutes too! (I saw you posted, finished reading other stuff, then came back :D)

Posted Image
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#116 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Finally know the release date: good! The actual release date: eh. My Uni classes start again on Aug. 27... :D

Two months to get Legendary Guardian so I can have all the items unlocked in the Hall of Monuments. No problem. right?

Looking forward to GW2 and likely some Malaz inspired names (esp. Engineer). Love seeing the maps, this game should be awesome.

#117 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostTavvar, on 28 June 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Finally know the release date: good! The actual release date: eh. My Uni classes start again on Aug. 27... :D

Two months to get Legendary Guardian so I can have all the items unlocked in the Hall of Monuments. No problem. right?

Looking forward to GW2 and likely some Malaz inspired names (esp. Engineer). Love seeing the maps, this game should be awesome.

My thief is named Notapsalar and Bent is my Charr engineer

#118 User is offline   Wolfy 

• Lair of the Spectacular Tongue Beast

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Annoyingly sooner than I was expecting >.<

Will try and fit it in the budget somewhere post NZ trip.... cause I want my Charr Engineer awesomeness :)

#119 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Finally on comedown from good news and can post here again, so next and final Beta Weekend Event featuring the asura and sylvari will start in about 21 hours and forty minutes, but why bother with my posts when you can use...

THIS!?

http://gw2status.com for all your time til release/headstart/possible stress test needs.

#120 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Been pretty busy and not paying much attention BUT not only was there another stress test today (Aug 9th) from 8pm to midnight British Summer Time, there's another tomorrow same time on the 10th! If there's another on the 11th I'm going to cry, that's my mate's wedding and I won't be able to play damn it

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users