• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#1 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

One day I'll actually write a proper OP, but until then enjoy this extremely good fanmade video:

Fuck.

<a href="http://www.guildwars2.com/en/" target="_blank">Yes.</a>

Not sure why they're only focusing on one dragon out of the five or so that wake up then, and Zhaitan is hardly a subtle name, but I don't care almost all of those ingame places look fucking awesome and the plant race look far better than I was expecting and I would like this game now now now now now. Also now.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 19 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#2 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

It won't be out for ages, but I'm eagerly looking forward to it.

Even if I swore off MMO's after the soulsucking demon that is WoW.

#3 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

I'll definitely try out GW 2

Have been looking forward to this for awhile. Always liked the first one, though its a bit dated now.

By the time it comes out, I'm sure WoW will have lost all appeal for me..........

yeah.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#4 User is offline   WhiteWolf^orb^ 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

Wow, looks great. I should probably dig out my old copy of GW and see if I can like it any more.

#5 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

*sigh*
I can already see my real life dying a quick and silent death the moment this thing is released...
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#6 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:19 AM

Norn - yes!

Asura - oh fuck no.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#7 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Just reviving this a little because:
A) This game looks friggin' awesome and needs more love on here
:) There is a limited time to sign up to a beta, and I imagine a few of you may want to try :)

Man this game looks good :)

Edit - The "B" came out as a cool face and I started an edit to fix that, then decided "No, that's appropriate" :)

This post has been edited by Lucifer's Heaven: 23 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#8 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

I still check in with the GW2 development regularly. No way I have time to play a beta right now...which doesn't bode well for the actual game...but whatever

I am super happy they're taking their time with it. Fuck everyone that wants them to rush. The first one was awesome but had soooo much more potential. With what the industry as a whole has learned about MMOs - what makes them good, and what makes them annoying, they should have a very polished product in the end.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#9 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Oh wow, forgot I made this thread.

That said, this game is going to own bones, ruin homes and rock the casbah all night long.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#10 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 23 February 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

I am super happy they're taking their time with it. Fuck everyone that wants them to rush. The first one was awesome but had soooo much more potential. With what the industry as a whole has learned about MMOs - what makes them good, and what makes them annoying, they should have a very polished product in the end.

I agree :smoke:
While I want to play the game now, I would rather wait till it's ready than for them just to release it. Though it seems like it's getting towards a proper (and porbably not too far off from when they announce it) release date :)

#11 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

@L'sH

If you read on the official site there's some pretty good dev articles talking about what they're already learning and changing from the betas. Nothing massive in terms of the overall game, just polishing of game mechanics that they realized were poorly set up after people had a chance to play a bit. I guess that's the point of any beta, but it's neat to read about the process. They go into quite a bit of detail too.

The article about how they went to the abandoned nuclear power plant to get some of the sound recordings was really cool too.

I'm genuinely stoked about this game and hope to have some time to play when it finally comes out.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#12 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Yeah, they've been really open and receptive with their dev process for quite a lot of it, which is really great :smoke:
I liked that sound recording one, was cool and rather interesting. Haven't seen the stuff from the beta, I shall have to go check it out.

Really looking forward to this game. From getting rid of standard quest mechanics to having overflow servers instead of queues they're doing so much innovative and cool stuff.

#13 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

OK, here is a rough image of the world map and its zones (as of now):

Posted Image

Now, see this zoomed in part with the red mark? This is Queensdale, the area outside the human starting city of Divinity's Reach.

Posted Image

Here's a better version of it, but pay attention to the dam on the top edge of the map, to the left of the city.

Posted Image

That's the dam. That's this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this too.

Queensdale is very clearly one of the smaller zones on the map.

This game is going to be huge.

This post has been edited by Greymanekas: 26 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

#14 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostGreymanekas, on 26 February 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

OK, here is a rough image of the world map and its zones (as of now):

Posted Image

Now, see this zoomed in part with the red mark? This is Queensdale, the area outside the human starting city of Divinity's Reach.

Posted Image

Here's a better version of it, but pay attention to the dam on the top edge of the map, to the left of the city.

Posted Image

That's the dam. That's this:

Posted Image

And this:

Posted Image

And this too.

Queensdale is very clearly one of the smaller zones on the map.

This game is going to be huge.

Awesome :)
I had heard it was pretty big, and the cities are actually really impressively large and city like (well mostly I've seen the human capital), but it's nice to get an idea of the rest of the world's scale :smoke:

Man I hope I get to try the beta.

Edit - I'd also like to add that the two in that video seem REALLY overly impressed by some things :p

This post has been edited by Lucifer's Heaven: 27 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

#15 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

There are a bunch of city tour threads around as well as a couple different viewpoints of people doing a level 30 dungeon.

The Char city looks really awesome.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#16 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

So, they have transmutation stones in this game (revealed before WoW copied the idea themselves, so cheeky of them) which allow you to transfer skins and stats onto one item. Like you have a fantastically cool looking low-level sword, and a boring staid awesome killing machine blade. You take the stats from the latter and the skin from the former and now your sword is dead killy AND extremely aesthetically pleasing. They're one of the microtransactions GW2 will be using to stay funded instead of a subscription fee, but they'll also be buyable with ingame-earned karma, so no money will be needed at all if you don't want to spend it. (the transmutation service for skins unlocked by doing the Hall of Monuments in GW1 are free)

How hard will using the stones be? Well now, just check this handy (if French) video to find out!

(the answer is easy as all hell)

This post has been edited by Greymanekas: 29 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

#17 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

YERRRS

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Oh god oh god it might be partially incomplete but holy fuck http://gw2.luna-atra...s_tool/?lang=en so good (it is a skill and trait build calculator with as much information as they have available and it is glorious)

(http://www.gw2tools.com has more of the missing trait descriptions for you)

(I want this game so much)

This post has been edited by Greymanekas: 01 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

#19 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I don't even know what to be for a class....graaa

I love caster classes and it's nice to be a healer because you can ALWAYS find groups, but there's something just inherently awesome about biffing people in the face with fireballs.

wait, after looking at your links Illy....what is the healer class? The Guardian? Seems that class is no quite so "dedicated" as healers from other mmos
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#20 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Cerveza_Fiesta, to the best of my knowledge, there are no dedicated healers or tanks in this game. Each class has their own healing abilities tied to various weapons and, for elementalists, attunements.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users