• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#61 User is offline   Gryllen 

• cause of horrid death
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Trying to find the Malaz guild in Fissure of Woe then. I had plans to make grenade engineer so it fits with Saper Party but not until launch, gonna try classes im not so interested in beta.

#62 User is offline   Princess 

• I have a plethora of titles!
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

So wait, you're going to start on a Romanian/Italian server? That's odd...

Although SA is there.
There's a skeleton living inside of you, he's just waiting for you to die to be free.

#63 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

It's just for the beta. And I picked it first!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#64 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Bah, Petrified Forest for the win
There's a skeleton living inside of you, he's just waiting for you to die to be free.

#65 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Pfft, if you want to pretend to be a giant demon cat then by all means enjoy it, even if you're by yourself. All Malazanites are welcome to join whatever we name the guild though!

Also, THIS HERE MUST READ LINK is an excellent guide to the beta weekend written by a fellow who has had extensive ingame access to most of the previous betas, with his advice on the best way to start off and enjoy the weekend.

READ IT

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 26 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#66 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I might be alone on my RP server, but i'd be a part of the Original Guild Wars Gangstaz. And playing a giant demon cat is such a noob mistake!

#67 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Illy, any idea how they'll handle servers at the launch of the event, or will it be one of the many MMO login queue rushes followed by a shitton of crashes?

#68 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Expect the traditional wait to get in as the several million prepurchasers worldwide all attempt to log in at the same time (me among them), and be pleasantly surprised if it's under an hour and ecstatic if under half an hour. We can only hope the stress test helped them prepare sufficiently.

#69 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

No crash; service is cash!

That's my motto. Sort of? They apparantly limited digital pre-purchases so they wouldn't stress the servers...Here's to hoping they'll leave my RP server alone.

#70 User is offline   Shiara 

• High Scribe of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

There were some pretty hefty issues with logging in during the stress test, so hopefully they'll have ironed all that out. Considering there was a 12GB-ish update on the client when I opened it last night, I'd say they've made some changes since then :thumbsup:
*casting the shaved knuckle*

#71 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

That's actually just you redownloading the new .dat file with all the updates and Lion's Arch opened up, the rest is basically the same as the stress test.

Main disappointing thing for me (besides no sylvari or asura yet, guess it's a couple months away for those guys) is the beta's personal story ending at level 20, which really suggests the level 30 Ascalon Catacombs first dungeon isn't available, which sucks. Also unsurprisingly the NPC that autolevelled you to 30 for the press demos is also missing, but you can go into the Mists and play around with all skill points, all traits, all weapons which are fully unlocked and all utility skills to theorycraft and mess with setups. Then go into the PVP and murder/get murdered.

#72 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Afaik they removed the auto-30 buff guy. I think if you get to 30 it is speculated you can head into the Catacombs, but since every level after like 5 is expected to take 1.5 hours, you would need to play (and not pvp or mess around) for ~38 hours not counting the first 5, AND then you would have to find someone else who did the same thing, AND you would have to pray that there is no server downtime or anything. Also you need to hope you aren't fighting against (and I don't think you should have to, but we will see) other players for kills/events and whatnot.

I think some people will hit 30 during the BWE, but I find it questionable that very many will, or that they will get to see if the catacombs are open.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#73 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I WANT to get to 30. It is my life's mission. I am going to no-life through this weekend.

#74 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Since you have to do the story part of the dungeon to access the explorable, and the first one is level 30 but story is capped at 20, you won't be able to do it this beta, sadly. Considering the few videos I've seen of people doing one of the three explorable versions of Ascalon Catacombs needed a dev player with them to trigger certain events they probably haven't finished it to their satisfaction yet, so that's not too big of a deal.

Also there is no fighting against players, you get rewarded for events due to your contribution - gold silver and bronze depending on how much you did - even if there's a ton of dudes doing it with you, so there's no competition.

#75 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Three hours guys! Three Three Three!

#76 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

This is not me, but it might as well be:

Posted Image

#77 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Lol that shit is fucked up.

I did, however, stock up on food and I have a pot of coffee or 4 ready to go.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#78 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

#79 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

IT'S OPEN

GO GO GO

ON CHARACTER CREATION NOW

#80 User is offline   Princess 

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

SAME
WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook