• You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars 2 Twice the guildiness, twice the war

#321 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:08 PM

Port Four: Surprise?

Here is a mountain of meat, my norn mesmer Ainsley Charriott Fat Darth Maul in all his fatness
Posted Image
and darthness, and maulness

AND MANLINESS
Posted Image
UNGH FLEXING

UNGH PUNCHING YOURSELF IN THE HAND
Posted Image
UNGH GAZING OFF INTO THE MIDDLE DISTANCE LIKE A BADASS

UNGH FIRING LASER BEAMS OUT OF A GREATSWORD
Posted Image
LASER BEAMS

UNG- um, ungh, being a chef?
Posted Image
W-with a frying pan?

Riding a broomstick?
Posted Image
With an ecstatic look on your face?!

Over a fallen tree in a sweet jump!?
Posted Image
Mesmers are weiiiiiiiiiiiird

Next up: dudes smaller than animals
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#322 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostBriar King, on 30 July 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

Is that a gun on the 1st set of pics in this page? I thought it was a sword and sorcery game. Looks cool. If I ever get my tower cleaned up and can pull my self away from Destiny I may get it. Though I imagine 3 is coming soon.

It is kind of a sword and sorcery game, only two of the weapons are rifles and pistols (that pic up there is my engineer casting Gun), the engineer class has automated turrets as utility skills, and there are tanks, megalasers and airships rocking around blowing up undead dudes and weird crystal monsters, not to mention the plant monsters, the ice bastards and the dreaded scourge of the lava men. Also bandits.

It's a great game and since the sub fee is literally nothing you can get your full money's worth out of just getting either to level 80 or to the end of the personal story, and I've had a lot more fun than that!

Part 5: PETA Schmeta

This is my asura ranger Probably Not Batman. He has a purple glowing longbow, and a pet reef drake!
Posted Image
His name is Tim.

Rangers have had a hard life since the horrible pet AI back near release, but they've improved in leaps and bounds since then.
Posted Image
Cause while they're good with bows, they can also bring out a giant fuckoff sword and maul some faces off, fuck yeah

Plus, I like putting the techno-gremlin race in the nature loving class, cause why not?
Posted Image
They have the best animations, after all.

And they are not cute at all if you don't want them to be!
Posted Image
Here showing off my other usual pet, the devourer Juvenile Brown Bear (the enemy will never expect a different pet to the name they read, ho ho ho)

For bonus points, see that terrifying eye?
Posted Image
It has a heart shaped pupil <3

Next up: more talking about the game, and also who doesn't love cat burglars?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#323 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Haha, I spent more time actually playing the game than taking screenshots (also Luc Shiara and Centz I am very disappointed in you) but I'm back to post a cat burglar

Part 6: 6 is a meowgic number

So, some of my characters have armour that ranges from a little fantastic to vaguely possible to be worn by someone. Now here's a giant bull cat thing with sunglasses and wings
Posted Image
An entirely white-furred charr thief with my personal favourite name, Blanc Panther

I'm hilarious

As thieves go, having a giant blindingly white cat-thing trying sneak inherently appeals to me
Posted Image
As does using a skin for possibly the worst-skinned weapon class that looks awesome, hence the sweet red lightning shortbow.

I've posted most of these dudes near their home cities or starting areas, to show off the general theme of their races, but didn't for the first charr, so here's some of the outside of the Black Citadel, the charr capital
Posted Image
...oh yeah, the dress thing.

Now, the game has armour which are customisable over the six pieces of gear you can wear, and it also has outfits, which are a total set of stuff you can only dye (or hide the headpiece occasionally), and charr and asura female characters use the male skins for the armour (fun fact, the charr designer told her bosses that charr females wouldn't get giant horrible boobs, they'd get either zero or six, and zero won thankfully)
Posted Image
Sadly the outfits weren't tailored so carefully.

(heh heh heh, cat burglar)

Next up, plant people? When? Now!

BONUS UPDATE

Part 7: Salad Dressing

I wouldn't be doing this stupid thing if I didn't like my fancy outfits, and this one, for my sylvari necromancer Eau De Rafflesia, is probably my favourite
Posted Image
Cause it looks pretty nice!

Sylvari are great because you can make them look fantastically planty with the right armour skins (the three cultural tiers and the plant-themed dungeon set) and also surprising people with the mesmer-purple coloured necro is also great.
Posted Image
Necros are hella fun in everything that isn't a speedrun dungeons, and they're massively improved over how they used to be - they hit like trucks all the time, but now they have at least some party utility.

Also, they look ballin'
Posted Image
Here's Eau doing some sick vampiric shit sucking out all your bloods

Really, sylvari get the best faces.
Posted Image
Really.

Next up; the final class! Showing off! A vote!? oh god

#324 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

Despite the overwhelming interest, I'm just going to post pictures of my warrior and probably my other characters at some point in fancy poses, cause this is just depressing.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I like fancy outfits (and greatswords)

Posted Image
Probably my favourite screenshot so far

Next up: ehh

#325 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

Entertainingly, they're making the base game free to play (expansion stuff still needs to be bought) so you can give it a go for free!

#326 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

it seems like you like it a bit Illy
I think I will give it a try
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#327 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

so here I found out free users will have restrictions including some chat, map, trading and other stuff. How big difference does this mean? Is it still fully playable and enjoyable?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#328 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

Perfectly playable, but I'm betting the "selected lists" will leave out a lot of the desirable things in the gem store. I'm a mostly solitary player except for a small group who run dungeons with me (I'm still learning mostly) so those restrictions on chat wouldn't do much to alter it for me, but if you're more sociable they might make a bit of a difference. I can't see anywhere that says Guild Chat will be unavailable, and that's probably what gets used most.

The other half is in the affiliated Youtube group thing, I'll double-check with him if you want to ask anything specific?

Also, I'm TheRetiredBridgeburner.5380 on Gandara (does server make a difference?) - would love to join the Malazan guild if you'll have me! Posted Image

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 27 September 2015 - 09:20 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#329 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

mmmkay so I'm playing again and I just hit 80 on a new character.

What do I do to level up my gear? I desperately need a new longbow.

I seem to remember you used to chain stuff in Orr, but that was boring.

I have 400k purple thingies saved up from before I quit, what should I spend those on?

Any help from the people who still play (Illy and his 17 alts) would be great. Thanks.

edit - PvE only. If I want to PvP I'll do it in a FPS.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 12 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#330 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

Best bet for gear is to get exo weapons from the trading post - longbows are fairly cheap considering - and karma armour from the Orr temples. A full set costs about 260k, so you'll have enough, but you can't salvage them to get runes out of them yet if that's an issue. They changed the stats around so the vendor at the temple of Grenth, which is right down in the bottom left corner of Cursed Shore, the last Orr zone, has the berserker stat set, and the others have who cares yet zerker is still best for now but soldier (power-vit-toughness) is also available I think and more than passable. You can also get exo items from the WvW vendors, depending on how many badges of honour you've collected from wvw or achievement points, but they have the same no-salvage thing. The other good route for gear is to get dungeon tokens, of which Citadel of Flame, Crucible of Eternity and Lost City of Arah have berserker stats, and Ascalon Catacombs and Sorrow's Embrace have soldier stats, and which you can also get in ~*PvP*~ now in the various reward tracks (pvp is fun I swear and the new mode you could potentially do without fighting a single player, just npcs).

However, a full set of green level 80 gear is more than fine to carry you through til you've got an exo set, and I would only get a rare weapon before an exo one if you really wanted - weapons go up both in base damage as well as stats as the quality improves, so it can be worth going up a tier with them, but it's a 10% increase over armour's 5%. Of course, if you're doing the world bosses (https://www.dulfy.ne...23/event-timer/ for real-time, uh, timer, and https://wiki.guildwa...wiki/World_boss for better location info) for gold, karma and loot, you get an automatic rare (and very occasionally an exo) the first time you kill one each day. Just make sure you show up to Tequatl at least 20 minutes beforehand and contribute to every battery phase defense by killing some mobs by at least one battery and you'll be fine.

Also it's 19 alts.

#331 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Never played this, but the lady who just cut my hair is married to a guy who makes the dlc clothes or something. So, I'm kind of famous.
Error: Signature not valid

#332 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

So, what have I been doing in Guild Wars 2 since October 12th, 2015 and my 19 alts?

Posted Image

That's what.

(also the leaked stuff about the new expansion looks awesome)

#333 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

Hmm, I wonder if I can even remember the login details for my characters on this game, I still have the disk, though since my gaming laptop broke whether or not this piece of crap I'm using now could play it is doubtful. Would be cool to find my Lv80 Sylvari character again, glass cannon elementalist (think that's right, been well over 2 years since I last played this) build, think I had full zerker gear of some sort as well. Loved that Tree woman, shame to leave her lost in the aether.
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#334 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

I'd say it's worth it, if only because logging in during a Living Story season 3 episode unlocks it on your account for free so you don't have to pay for it later - sadly it's currently on 5 of 6 now so it'll only be 1/6 to 1/3 off depending

Plus you get to enjoy all the good changes and the expansion hype!

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users