• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#10521 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

Apparently there's a Dr. Doom standalone movie w/ Noah Hawley behind it that is in perpetual production limbo.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#10522 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:42 AM

View Postworry, on 04 April 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Apparently there's a Dr. Doom standalone movie w/ Noah Hawley behind it that is in perpetual production limbo.

He should team up with Gambit.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10523 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:17 AM

Maybe wrong place but I need to know

In one comic batman becomes the new god of knowledge or at least has access to his chair/throne. He asks who is the joker, receives an answer and just goes 'oh my god'. What was the answer?

#10524 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 04 April 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

It's not a popular opinion but I always thought Nicholson was a rubbish Joker. Great bad guy/psychopath, far too controlled in his mannerisms and his general behaviour to be a Joker I liked.

^^This. 100% agree. I never liked his Joker, and everyone always talks about how great he was. I don't see it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10525 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostCause, on 05 April 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

In one comic batman becomes the new god of knowledge or at least has access to his chair/throne. He asks who is the joker, receives an answer and just goes 'oh my god'. What was the answer?

It turns out there are three Jokers. This hasn't really been gone into since afaik but a book dealing with it (conveniently titled Three Jokers), by Geoff Johns should be starting to come out soon. It could either be a fantastic idea or the Worst. Thing. Ever. so I'm curious.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#10526 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:50 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 05 April 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 05 April 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

It turns out there are three Jokers. This hasn't really been gone into since afaik but a book dealing with it (conveniently titled Three Jokers), by Geoff Johns should be starting to come out soon. It could either be a fantastic idea or the Worst. Thing. Ever. so I'm curious.

Yep. Iirc the actual answer was 'There are three. Which one do you mean?'.

Personally, i'm going w this is a dumb idea. Unless they were triplets.

#10527 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:22 PM

That doesn't even make sense. There should be two jokers and then some third guy who knows the copyright information or the rules to various poker games, etc.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#10528 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:34 PM

It gets even better... according to one elseworlds story one of them was Alfred the butler.

#10529 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

The Joker is big business now of course. There's also The Batman Who Laughs, who's apparently become a major character coz Scott Snyder thinks he's come up with something really great. I'm not sure I agree yet (Dark Knights: Metal was ultimately too crowded to pass any judgement on any single character coming out of it and 'Batman, but crazy like the Joker isn't a new concept) but I'll read the solo series when it trades I reckon.

But anyway yeah the three Jokers is precarious. Apparently the three versions are the original 40s Joker, Silver Age Joker, and Killing Joke Joker. I'm a bit worried, but Geoff Johns usually has a pretty good handle on making even crazy concepts work (though I've not read Doomsday Clock itself yet coz, again, tradewaiting, though the reviews seem pretty good?).
There's also a non-zero chance that the concept will get into the movies because Johns clearly still has some influence there (hence what I believe is his version of Sivana in Shazam!, which even if it works I'd rather have had the classic mad scientist, and somehow a Trench movie getting greenlit post-Aquaman).

To be fair, if this movie turns out well I'd be totally up for some kind of a Three Jokers plot involving Joachim Phoenix, Jared Leto, and Mark Hamill going live action, even though the Phoenix version universe CLEARLY isn't set up for comedy alt-universe shenanigans.

#10530 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:24 PM

For all you haters of the Joker movie, one of your favorite go to 'spank bank' fantasies is pretty excited about it. And it isn't like he doesn't have any knowledge about the Joker character. This will probably change your mind about how you feel, I'm guessing.Posted Image
Posted Image

#10531 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

This is the true story of the Joker origins: https://www.instagra...d=1dxhs74qmvcxb
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10532 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

Shazam!

It was good. Not flawless, couple of places it was a bit slow, the way they treated the wizard himself was criminal, and I wasn't a huge fan of the score, but overall a tone of heartfelt fun.

#10533 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

Aw man. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, the original Lion King, to my child brain memory capture, was about as perfect as a movie can get. But on the other hand, with how technology has progressed, an updated version with all the latest tech bells and whistles could be darn good. But I'm by no means attached to a movie because of all the shiny bells and whistles, they still need to execute a great story. Cautiously optimistic.

#10534 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

I have advance tickets to this tomorrow....but it sounds like the new HELLBOY is garbage fire, so I'm not exactly looking forward to it.... :)

From the AV Club review:

Harbour, so endearing as Sheriff Hopper on Stranger Things, has none of the agreeable humor Ron Perlman brought to the character; as a result, his many quips go over like a fart in an elevator.

Ooof.

The makeup is wearing him, to the extent that it takes a while to get used to his voice coming out of Hellboy’s body.

Double Ooof.

Sasha Lane and Daniel Dae Kim’s supporting roles are similarly disjointed; both are fine characters with comic-book origins, but they’re shoehorned in so awkwardly that they feel superfluous.

So they fucked up Alice AND Ben Daimio? Come on man!

McShane glides by on how much everyone loves it when he says the word “fuck,” leaving Jovovich to give the most committed, and therefore the best, performance in the film.

Fuck.

EDIT: Oh, and Prof. Broom does NOT, under ANY circumstances, ever...drop F-bombs. And it sounds like McShane's version does CONSTANTLY. Fucking Neil Marshall.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 April 2019 - 04:29 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10535 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 April 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Harbour, so endearing as Sheriff Hopper on Stranger Things, has none of the agreeable humor Ron Perlman brought to the character; as a result, his many quips go over like a fart in an elevator.

My first thought after watching the first teaser was how horribly the jokes landed. I was hoping it was just the trailer, but I guess not.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10536 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 11 April 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 April 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

My first thought after watching the first teaser was how horribly the jokes landed. I was hoping it was just the trailer, but I guess not.

I was checking out audience reviews on reddit and it appears that the jokes/portrayal in the trailers is very much how the whole movie is. Yah, that's sad.

#10537 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:45 PM

If you wanted to watch A Quiet Place but felt the monsters would be better if they could fly and weren't invulnerable, but also tiny, numerous, and absolutely not menacing in any way shape or form therefore destroying any possible tension before it could even begin then might I suggest The Silence?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#10538 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

I want a QUIET PLACE crossover with BIRD BOX, where humanity can only get by with their senses of taste and smell and touch.
It could be titled 'WE'RE FUCKED'.

#10539 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

Ok you nerds. So out and about today running some errands and my eye spotted another nerdy decal on an SUV. This time it was for the Fellowship of the Ring. I've seen on a number of occasions the "Not all those who wander are lost" sticker, but this one is a first for these eyes. Pretty cool, aint it?

A fresh, right out of the oven, ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie to the forumite who can identify them correctly.
Posted Image

#10540 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:10 AM

The second one from the left's name is Bill.

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users