Ye Big Movie thread

#10921 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:18 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 28 November 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:

The Irishman is here.

Fucking 3 1/2 hrs long.

How the hell did they pad out Maccy's biopic to get to 3.5 hours? 3.25 hours of boozy escapades and shameful hangovers?

Unless it was a typo and hours=inches?

;)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 28 November 2019 - 08:18 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#10922 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:55 PM

The problem is they spend so long zooming out to fit his hands in the shot that's why it's so long.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10923 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

Nice of the Hubble telescope people to help them film his hands.

#10924 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

Watched Frozen 2 with the Famndamily.

Better than the first (which I always thought was overrated anyway). Awesome soundtrack.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10925 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:54 AM

Oh wow, just saw the Jojo Rabbit trailer. That movie looks amazing!!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#10926 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

Watched that most recent Robin Hood movie. The one with Jamie Foxx. Yikes, it's pretty crappy. I'm not sure what was going on when they were writing the movie, but it seems like it is trying to be one part Assassin's Creed (video game, not movie), and one part Ocean's Eleven (intense heist setup and execution). I wonder how many start overs and rewrites were done to the script, and how many different people worked on it? I guess they were going for action full tilt to make people's eyeballs quiver? dunno. But it sure falls short of whatever they were trying to convey. And only a brief mention of Sherwood Forest at the end. I guess the story told is the brief interactions Robin had after coming back from the Cruades and before the full team of his 'merry men' were assembled and took root in Sherwood Forest? dunno. It seems that way though, because the ending sets up for there being a sequel (bad idea) with the new Sheriff of Nottingham reveal. It had moments though that were pleasant enough, so I probably didn't hate it as much as the press reported the movie getting and how it was received on its release. But yeah, overall, a lot of turd, tbh.

#10927 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Finally got around to watching the Emmy-nominated EMPIRE OF DREAMS Star Wars OT Documentary (which is on D=), and it was absolutely wonderful! Reminded me of why I fell in love with this series as a kid. George Lucas really is the architect of my childhood.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10928 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:04 AM

Watched KNIVES OUT, really good. Nice spin on a whodunnit, and not as quirky/zany as the trailers make out.

It did make me think though, just what particular hell did the Star Wars people put Rian Johnson through? Because it turns out he can direct and put a semi-complex story together!

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 December 2019 - 10:05 AM

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#10929 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 December 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Watched KNIVES OUT, really good. Nice spin on a whodunnit, and not as quirky/zany as the trailers make out.

It did make me think though, just what particular hell did the Star Wars people put Rian Johnson through? Because it turns out he can direct and put a semi-complex story together!

I would argue that his DIRECTION is pretty solid and always has been. His BB directed episodes are proof enough of that (not written by him).

This is what I heard about Knives Out and it lines up pretty well with all the other stuff he's written and directed. For me anyways.

"Johnson has always been a filmmaker whose love of genre somewhat exceeds his results, and so in the same way that The Brothers Bloom is about the "idea" of a screwball comedy more than it is a great example of one, Knives Out celebrates the twisty, all-star murder mystery without ever outshining the films that clearly inspired it"

That said, if you follow the notes about what happened behind the scenes in TLJ production, you will see why he's so defensive even to this day without saying outright what happened.

This goes into the weeds, so I'll spoilerize it so people don't have to read if they don't want to.

Spoiler

Anyways, as much as I personally don't like the guy (I find him intensely smug and feel like HE feeds the trolls himself to keep his movie in the media zeitgeist), I feel like he has it in him to make decent films...and it sounds like Knives Out is MOSTLY a decent film.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10930 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:00 PM

So a bunch of people and media have been claiming that The Snyder Cut of JL is a pipe dream or disgruntled fanboys...

So Zack Snyder has decided to prove them wrong with photographic evidence that it's in fact REAL.

Attached File  snyder.jpg (77.47K)
Number of downloads: 0

#10931 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

#10932 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

And Fabian Wagner (DOP for JL) did a Master Class yesterday where someone asked him about the Snyder Cut, and he replied that Whedon did 80 pages of rewrites and 55 days of reshoots 7 months after Snyder had finished Principle photography and wasweld into Post-Prod...and that a bare 10% of what he and Zach shot ended up in the Theatrical cut that Whedon released. Junkie XL also said he had fully completed the score he'd done before WB turfed him and Whedon got them to hire the Oingo Boingo guy to redo it...

Snyder was SEVEN months into post...this means that the Snyder Cut is not only real, it's probably near enough done that WB could have it finished up and released...which is probably what ALL of this has been about....marketing.

This won't just be his directors cut of the film, it will be a completely different film entirely. Holy shit.

Craziness. I want to see it!

#10933 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 06 December 2019 - 10:36 PM

I saw Spidey Homecoming finally. Loved it. Also googling how old Tom Holland is afterwards....
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#10934 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:03 PM

Older than I thought!

#10935 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:40 PM

Yes. Slightly relieved. I've always had the hots for Spiderman. It's kind of starting to become a problem as I'm not getting any younger.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#10936 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

Saw the Bad Mom's Christmas movie. Hilarious, just like the first one. Kristen Bell is the best!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#10937 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

Free Guy. Ryan Reynolds discovers he’s an npc in an open world video game.

And I think it looks awesome. Though that could just be my man crush affecting my judgement.

#10938 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

Ryan Reynolds is awesome

#10939 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:20 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 07 December 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

Free Guy. Ryan Reynolds discovers he’s an npc in an open world video game.

And I think it looks awesome. Though that could just be my man crush affecting my judgement.

That looks like more fun than would be legal. :D
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#10940 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 642 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users