• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big Movie thread

#10961 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:37 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 09 December 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

Anyway all I'm saying is you've all completely ignored the Wonder Woman trailer and that's just not nice coz it's fricking awesome.

Meh, it’s fine. But I mean it’s less “trailer” and more sizzle reel of bright costume Diana doing cool shit. I mean they don’t even really intro the villain. And the Steve-is-alive reveal is really just there...

The riding lighting stuff was hella cool tho.

I’m sure the movie will be solid, but a great trailer that was not.

View Postamphibian, on 09 December 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

There's a ghost blowjob in the first movie!

Liking a movie doesn't need to invoke a thesis of "it's not done as a straight comedy". It is clearly trying to work both sides of the comedy/slightly scary stuff dynamic with as much as it can do the entire time.

Yeah, that’s a fair point. It just has always read to me like more a supernatural flick that has great comedians in it doing workman like comedy in real situations....than purposeful skit scenes for laughs and such...and really misreading it as a comedy only, is how the 2016 version went so wrong.

View PostTiste Simeon, on 09 December 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Oh no we've found another movie that can start a QT monologue! ;)

I can do it for lots of stuff I grew up with!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10962 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostAbyss, on 09 December 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

No amount of the absolutely screen chewingly great Peter MacNicol can compensate for his primary weapon being a small river of evil saliva.

Now think of it as an evil version of the stuff all over BK's truck upholstery and you see the movie in a totally different light.

Black light, as it were.

Maybe it's a Bakker crossover?!?!

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 10 December 2019 - 08:25 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#10963 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:44 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 10 December 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

No amount of the absolutely screen chewingly great Peter MacNicol can compensate for his primary weapon being a small river of evil saliva.

Now think of it as an evil version of the stuff all over BK's truck upholstery and you see the movie in a totally different light.

Black light, as it were.

I firmly believe that a blacklight scan of BK's truck would be viewable from orbit.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10964 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 10 December 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Black light, as it were.

I firmly believe that a blacklight scan of BK's truck would be viewable from orbit.

Like Jackson Pollack 'n' shit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#10965 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 December 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 10 December 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Black light, as it were.

Like Jackson Pollack 'n' shit.

Fun fact. During power outages in Baton Rouge they shine a black light at his truck for emergency light for the neighborhood.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10966 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 December 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

Meh, it’s fine. But I mean it’s less “trailer” and more sizzle reel of bright costume Diana doing cool shit. I mean they don’t even really intro the villain. And the Steve-is-alive reveal is really just there...

Is that a bad thing in a trailer? I mean there was a time not so long ago when all trailers were sizzle reels meant to give you an idea of the basic premise and tone but not tell you shit about the plot.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#10967 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 10 December 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Is that a bad thing in a trailer? I mean there was a time not so long ago when all trailers were sizzle reels meant to give you an idea of the basic premise and tone but not tell you shit about the plot.

I mean no, they always gave you a little plot. The secret was not to give it away entirely...but a sizzle reel is just like "Look how cool this looks!".....and not "This is cool and it's about these plot strands..." because with the sizzle reel concept I basically am deciding to see a movie because it looks cool, which is not a great way to judge the things.

Again, I know the next trailer or two will have more meat....but I'm not fond of the straight sizzle reel concept, even as a teaser.

#10968 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 December 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

but I'm not fond of the straight sizzle reel concept, even as a teaser.

We'll have to agree to disagree (that NEVER happens!) coz I am.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#10969 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 11 December 2019 - 02:22 AM, said:

Would anyone believe me if I actually said I’m a 40 year old virgin?

Only if you agreed to get your whole chest waxed. And live stream it.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#10970 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 10 December 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 December 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

but I'm not fond of the straight sizzle reel concept, even as a teaser.

We'll have to agree to disagree (that NEVER happens!) coz I am.

I have no issue with trailers as a concept. My dislike has grown since two developments...

1. a variety of trailers marketing a movie different ways, ie as a comedy, an actioner, a romance, a drama... it's a fucking Jurassic Park film (or whatever), stop pretending it's everything for everyone. All you're doing is warning everyone you're desperate.

2. sizzle Reels, preview clips, pre-trailers, teaser trailers, ... every variation of a trailer for a trailer... as evolutions of the movie hype machine go, this is just overhype generating the opposite effect of excitement.

I understand the reasoning for both of these things, i know i am not their target, i acknowledge there is a level of 'get off my lawn' to this, but these things occupy the space i am viewing and the manipulation of / pandering to, audience stupidity just irritates.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#10971 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:15 PM

Meh, it's fine. But I mean it's less "trailer" and more sizzle reel of bright costume Diana doing cool shit. I mean they don't even really intro the villain. And the Steve-is-alive reveal is really just there...

Perhaps not the best trailer, but I honestly don't care. Loved the first WW and I am 100% here for this one Posted Image
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#10972 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:50 PM

I enjoyed the WW trailer. It was really going for that 80s nostalgia feel, which seems to be trendy currently, so a smart choice. I didn't need to see it though to know I'm looking forward to the movie, but it didn't hurt my expectations in any way either.

#10973 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 11 December 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Meh, it's fine. But I mean it's less "trailer" and more sizzle reel of bright costume Diana doing cool shit. I mean they don't even really intro the villain. And the Steve-is-alive reveal is really just there...

Perhaps not the best trailer, but I honestly don't care. Loved the first WW and I am 100% here for this one Posted Image

Oh for sure. I'll see it too!

#10974 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:13 PM

May 21, 2021 to be named Keanu Reeves day? The Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 will be dropping on that date. I suspect that will change?

#10975 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

Get Bill and Ted 3 out that day too!

Spend all damn day at the movies.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#10976 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:22 PM

Going back to this year, Godzilla: King of the Monsters is the first movie in my life that I went to see again at the cinema. And again after that. And again. Can't wait for Godzilla vs Kong next year.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10977 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:23 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 16 December 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

Is anyone else totally excited for the new Top Gun 2 trailer tomorrow? I sure fucking am. The 1st one absolutely pumped me up. I get a kick out of the it doesn’t need a sequel rage so people have for this movie.

Yeah, Top Gun 2 looks like finally this decade someone's approaching a reboot/continuation of a beloved classic the right way.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#10978 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

Tried to watch Ryan Reynolds new Netflix original movie 6 UNDERGROUND.

Realizing too late that it is Michael Bay, and therefore filled with Michael Bay-isms....coupled with the notion that if Retynolds is in your movie, it should be over the top gory in every way (like Deadpool).

We turned it off after about 20 minutes. Awful.

#10979 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:48 PM

This. Looks. Beyond. Fucking. Dope!

#10980 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

I'd watch it.

Share this topic:

• 643 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic