Malazan Empire: Major Wheel of Time News. Spoilers! - Malazan Empire

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Major Wheel of Time News. Spoilers! Final book to be split in three, new title and cover art released

#41 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Aaaaah, the money-grabbing fucks.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#42 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on Mar 26 2009, 01:38 PM, said:

Rand's not going to really die. There's going to be a "the prophecy, while technically true, did not mean exactly what we thought it meant" cop-out of the worst kind.

The wound in his side is going to open, bleed upon mount doom, lous theramon telamaon (or whatever his fucking name is) is going to pour out in the blood, and cleanse the mountain and completely destroy the dark one... until the wheel spins again...
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#43 User is offline   Assail 

• Destriant of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

View PostObdigore, on Mar 26 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

Rand's not going to really die. There's going to be a "the prophecy, while technically true, did not mean exactly what we thought it meant" cop-out of the worst kind.

The wound in his side is going to open, bleed upon mount doom, lous theramon telamaon (or whatever his fucking name is) is going to pour out in the blood, and cleanse the mountain and completely destroy the dark one... until the wheel spins again...

Or maybe he'll twist it, make it so the bad dude wins, and so begins WoT V2!
I still heart Goodkind.

#44 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

View PostObdigore, on Mar 26 2009, 07:56 PM, said:

Indeed. Why can't he just stop the darned wheel! :)
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#45 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

View PostGem Windcaster, on Mar 26 2009, 01:08 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on Mar 26 2009, 07:56 PM, said:

Indeed. Why can't he just stop the darned wheel! :)

His magic points are not over 9000.

I had to invert it, then I had to say it. >.>
I still heart Goodkind.

#46 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

I suspect shenanigans of the highest level.
That cover is simply TOO fucking bad to be real.

The lady even looks shooped in.
the knees, I mean theres just so much fail in it.

its worse than any wot cover so far

#47 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

View PostMacros, on Mar 26 2009, 01:16 PM, said:

I suspect shenanigans of the highest level.
That cover is simply TOO fucking bad to be real.

The lady even looks shooped in.
the knees, I mean theres just so much fail in it.

its worse than any wot cover so far

I agree. However, the only thing stopping me from outright thinking it's fake is the fact is it looks so much like the other covers.
I still heart Goodkind.

#48 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Perhaps the cover artist is being blackmailed into doing them. Perhaps the publishers have his family locked up in a cell next to the artist's canvas with a gunman pointing a shotgun at them in a threatening manner. He can't stop painting, they'll murder his loved ones. All he can do is paint so badly the sales drop far enough to possibly bankrupt their business - without the incoming profit, there's no need for him to paint anything and they'll release them all. He knows there's a chance they'll simply execute him, his wife and his kids, claiming an accident, he knows that, but this is his only option, his only chance to keep his family safe. Right now, what they experience is not life.

Or they're just blind.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#49 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on Mar 26 2009, 01:21 PM, said:

Perhaps the cover artist is being blackmailed into doing them. Perhaps the publishers have his family locked up in a cell next to the artist's canvas with a gunman pointing a shotgun at them in a threatening manner. He can't stop painting, they'll murder his loved ones. All he can do is paint so badly the sales drop far enough to possibly bankrupt their business - without the incoming profit, there's no need for him to paint anything and they'll release them all. He knows there's a chance they'll simply execute him, his wife and his kids, claiming an accident, he knows that, but this is his only option, his only chance to keep his family safe. Right now, what they experience is not life.

Or they're just blind.

Blind. I could paint better with my family at gun point.
I still heart Goodkind.

#50 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

my dog could paint better at gun point

#51 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

I've read that Darrell K. Sweet (famous for his fantasy covers, for example Xanth, Runelords, WoT, Thomas Covenant, etc.) actually hates doing fantasy covers. That might partially explain things.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#52 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Exactly! The worse they are, the less need for his family to be in mortal danger! Won't somebody please think of the children!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#53 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on Mar 26 2009, 02:02 PM, said:

Exactly! The worse they are, the less need for his family to be in mortal danger! Won't somebody please think of the children!

I'm told they're not bad in a sandwich.... of the fetal kind atleast.
I still heart Goodkind.

#54 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

• Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on Mar 26 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

Gah, where is rep when you need it! :Surprise: Virtual rep to you for the Simpson reference. :)
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_

#55 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

Thought i'd throw this on here.

http://www.brandonsa...re-news-on-AMoL

According to Sanderson he, or Harriet, doesnt know anything about a cover being done.
Heres hoping! :)
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#56 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

I believe it. It would be awful to put that cover as art.

#57 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

I'm not a big Brandon Sanderson fan to begin with, but this news further depresses me. You'd think with all the money they are going to rake in from this scheme, they could put a decent freaking cover on a book.

:)

#58 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

I fart in WoT's general direction. Hey Tor, take your avaricious money-grubbing and shove it up your collective asses!

I might be less inclined to hate if they weren't planning on dragging this out for 3 MORE YEARS. Come. The. Fuck. On. The shitty cover is par for the course; no way they were going to change it up now, but 3 more years....

My patience is not so great as to follow this to its drawn-out conclusion. Hell, I hardly care as it is.

Maybe after the series is finished and the books are on the clearance racks, I'll buy them...

#59 User is offline   Astra 

• Sony Reader PRS-650

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

View PostMacros, on Mar 26 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

my dog could paint better at gun point

:ball: :ball:
Only Two Things Are Infinite, The Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm Not Sure About The Former.
Albert Einstein

#60 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

I'm very surprised that Tor are going with a huge gap between the books publishing dates if the work will be finished - avoiding market saturation, sure, but surely 6 months would be enough? Probably something to do with sales figures being higher if the fans have to wait a bit longer, or along those lines. But the fact is, people will buy them anyway, so in the short term at least Tor have nothing to lose from stringing us along :ball:. Might be detrimental to them in the long run, but I seriously doubt people are going to stop reading books just because of the publisher...

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users