• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speculation Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Rath'Thrash 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

View Postzwitterion, on Oct 16 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

13) quick ben working on some 2-book complex game ending scheme, poss in shaky alliance with ST and cot (you know they're made for each other)
14) moar bridgburner in general
15) cutter getting some hair on his balls and actively engaging in something
16) finding out silverfox has mysteriously drowned and we'll never see her again
17) Assail. wtf.
18) T'avore and paran bff
19) Mallick dies

Edit: ensuing spam conversation moved

20)At LEAST a couple hundred pages on what the hell happened on the other side of Letheras, with the grey swords/Barghast etc. etc.

#62 User is offline   Tarcanus 

• Lord of the Tarcans

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Mockra has to be a Dragon. All of the Warrens are made from both Krul's blood and Dragons, right? Well, in that case, it makes sense that if a consciousness claims to be mockra, then its the Mockra Dragon, not K'rul. Because a warren can't be aware. I personally think Mockra is a Dragon with all the thoughts of everyone stuffed inside it, thats why it seems so arrogant, it truly is omnipresent.

Mockra is most likely not a dragon based on the conversation it had with Seren Pedac. I don't know the exact wording, but it tells her that Mockra is not really a specific warren, but the over-arching structure for ALL of the warrens. It tells her something about it being the language of the warrens due to the fact that in order to access any warren, there is an audible factor - ie, the caster must speak.(even though SE doesn't show that often, if at all). Therefore Mockra has a connection to each and every warren.

My internal picture of the warrens are a spiderweb(Mockra) that all of the other warrens are stuck to. I picture all of the warrens, in some way, shape, or form, going towards the center of the web, with Starvald Demelain being at the nexus.

#63 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

It could well be lying though. Dragons do do that.
And im pretty certain that the caster must speak to access the warren, All the POVs we've had havent involved that. At all.
Besides, many of the warrens were around before mockra.
It is a more recent warren.
Now, maybe it is a side effect, and not a dragon, but I dont believe how it describes itself.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#64 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

The warrens are seperated by the Warren of Chaos, its like veins through flesh. Chaos is the warrren that supports the others, as has been said before, and SD is the warren from which they are made. I very much doubt that Mockra as a Warren is aware. It could even be that Seren Padac is subconsciously using it on herself, convincing her that its talking to her. I still hold by the idea its a dragon, though it could be a being resident within the warren. Could even be the CG. We know he talks in the heads of those he considers broken, whether they worship him or not. And I suspect Seren is broken enough for him. We haven't seen the position of the Fool in the High House Chains yet, I think if Seren was fooled into thinking the CG's voice was Mockra then she would be suited for that role. :)
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#65 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

though i dont agree with you lisheo, you make some very good points, that could actually be true.
myself though, believing as i do, that mockra is a self-aware warren, i dont know why it would lie to seren pedac, who seems to be a natural High Mage.

and yeah, mages dont always speak to access a warren, sometimes its all internal dialogue. though often times, characters that aren't mages seem to recognize the readying of a warren instantly, ala koryk on the dock at malaz.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#66 User is offline   HoundofDreams 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

View PostBlend, on Oct 17 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

View PostAmmanas, on Oct 17 2008, 01:09 AM, said:

7)the story behind the pickled Seguleh
10) Karsa CLEAVING Kallor in half

I think it's highly unlikely that we'll see either of these. Steven Erikson himself said that he hoped ICE would pick up this storyline as he has no intention of doing so. As for Kallor vs. Kars, I just don't see it happening. Karsa tends to have respect for good swordsmen, and saw that in Dassem right away. I'm sure he'd see it in Kallor as well, and their goals allign quite nicely to boot. I mean, Kallor thinks along the exact same lines as Karsa with the whole destroying civilization thing.

Interesting point. As a matter of fact, if Karsa and Kallor met, if they didn't try to kill each other immediately, then there would be a very significant conversation to take place. Kallor already wiped out all of civilization once. Granted, the methodology is different, but in the end it would be an awesome conversation to read.

#67 User is offline   a Perfect Rake 

• Here, just Perfect. Not that I am.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:01 AM

I was just thinking that it might be neat (although Brys Beddictish) if Beak came back as a really powerful/not retarded ascendant. SE already showed how the simpleton type characters can become intelligent when they are close to death (Chaur).

Beak completely died, so he could have ascended as a perfectly rational individual.
Fiancé <3, Andalucía <3.
XBL: a Perfect Rake

#68 User is offline   Aztiel 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

I'd be shocked if Karsa didn't measure in to the rest of SE's books in some way. I almost feel like he's the protagonist in many ways. He's definitely the most sympathetic character who also has world altering power. And I'd also be surprised if Daruhjistan wasn't the center for the final convergence against the CG. It doesn't make sense for it to be in any of the other large cities - Malaz City and Unta have no signifiance, Seven Cities is basically a dead zone of plague victims, and the warrens don't seem to actually exist a whole lot over by Letheras. So unless we see a new zone quickly - and that's possible, for me Daru makes the most sense for the leveling to take place.

My biggest expectation is that SE will withhold from me the final collection of all important players in the same place. The final scene will be Kruppe rambling to himself at the fire, where we find out that he is the Creator God, who made the whole world when he ate too many pastries at dinner one night and got very sick.

I do think we're going to see more about the Jade Giants, the moon (WTF was that? Way to gloss over the moon exploding by killing off your deus ex character), and the KCCM. For me the CG and the KCCM are absolutely linked in some way, possibly because he's just been hiding them in the dark for so long while dangling this CG in front of us.

#69 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

It has been stated that the final book will take place somewhere we haven't seen yet. So probably not Darujhistan. :)

Yeah, the whole moon thing was like, "WTF?" then there's the Rake thing...

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#70 User is offline   Aztiel 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:58 AM

Hmm. Well, I don't know if I believe the bit about where the final book would be, but one line just stuck out to me from the end. I don't have the time to search it out completely, but someone is looking at the moon and they mention the other moon that goes behind it. Then they say that it could just be farther away and be another planet, just like the one they're on.

MAKES NO SENSE - never mind that would be complete buffoonery. Write 9 books about one planet, then write the conclusion to take place on another. Someone tell me that's crazy. It is crazy. Why does that line seem so important to me?

#71 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:05 AM

I don't know. That's just something SE has said. DoD returns to Lether to wrap up loose ends, then it goes on to somewhere previously unseen to set up for the grand finale. Mind you, some of the other things he has told us....

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#72 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:10 AM

View PostSilencer, on Oct 21 2008, 06:05 AM, said:

I don't know. That's just something SE has said. DoD returns to Lether to wrap up loose ends, then it goes on to somewhere previously unseen to set up for the grand finale. Mind you, some of the other things he has told us....

Jacuraku
Jacuraku
Jacuraku

Oh and Karsa's story is done i think. We've had him for 3 books in a row. Thats a lot.

#73 User is offline   Aztiel 

• Lieutenant

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Isn't Jacaruku just a wasteland? What could possibly drive all the characters there, unless they all decide to go after CG at the same time? That seems too direct for SE.

#74 User is offline   buddhacat 

• Fist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

View PostAztiel, on Oct 21 2008, 01:37 PM, said:

Isn't Jacaruku just a wasteland? What could possibly drive all the characters there, unless they all decide to go after CG at the same time? That seems too direct for SE.

Jacuruku is not a wasteland. Parts of RotCG are set in Jacuruku.

Buddhacat

#75 User is offline   Moby 

• Guardian of Minutiae

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

unless paran is already there.....
I would give my left wing for a copy of deck of dragons cards...

#76 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

Remember, the waste of Jacuruku is actually within the Imperial Warren, which allowed Jacuruku to heal :) So its not actually a wasteland, as such.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#77 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

yeah, as far back as RG we have Shurque recalling landing Iron bars on Jakuruku,and it seemed pretty inhabited.
I honestly want to see more of the "Elder Gods vs Deck Gods" confrontation that RG supposedly forshadowed with the whole "Errant re-energizing the Cedance" scene.
and, I want to see Fener's last fight.
getting some insights as to what happened to everyone's favourite Lifeslayer would be nice too.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#78 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

RoTCG SPOILERS

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Lisheo: 21 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

#79 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:45 PM

Well think of it this way: Korelri is being dealt with by Esslemont as is Assail, that only really leaves Jacuruku.

Oh, and @Blackzoid, sorry, I added spoiler tags to your post, some people haven't read RotCG yet, and that was some major stuff.
- China Mieville

#80 User is offline   Osric 

• Captain
  • Interests:Books, Games, Programming, Beer, Women, Movies

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

View PostLisheo, on Oct 21 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

Remember, the waste of Jacuruku is actually within the Imperial Warren, which allowed Jacuruku to heal :) So its not actually a wasteland, as such.

Actually I read the prologue of Midnight Tides again earlier, it seems that they only put the ashes in the imperial warren, and left the land bare to heal. So Im pretty sure the continent is still there in Wu.
Wise words are like arrows flung at your forehead. What do you do? Why, you duck of course.
-Bult

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users