• UberSchemer
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:09 AM

View PostMalaclypse, on Oct 16 2008, 06:30 PM, said:

What do we know for sure?

What do we expect?

What would we like to see in this book?

Discuss.

Well, after TTH, I've learned my expectations are certain to be misplaced so I'll just state what I would like to see.

1)Kalam awakening in the Azath
2)Edgewalker actively helping ST/COT secure allies that won't rip their heads off.
3)the Hounds of Light master's identity revealed
4)a clarification of the QoD/Leoman/Dunsparrow/Loric thread
5)the fate or role of the souls freed from Dragnipur
6)more about Fisher's past
7)the story behind the pickled Seguleh
8) the history of Lazan/Madrun/Studlock and the "revenants" in One-Eyed Cat
9)Paran--where is he and what trouble is he in?
10) Karsa CLEAVING Kallor in half
11) CONCRETE details about ST's "master" plan
12) Apsalar re-entering the picture

This post has been edited by Ammanas: 17 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

#3 User is offline   Jude 

• Jude
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:22 AM

You pretty much said it all, Ammanas.

I want to see one thing and one thing only. Paran.

Would I be turning into a huge Paran fan boy if i said that I would be happy if the whole book was about Paran making breakfast?

#4 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • what seriously

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:56 AM

13) quick ben working on some 2-book complex game ending scheme, poss in shaky alliance with ST and cot (you know they're made for each other)
14) moar bridgburner in general
15) cutter getting some hair on his balls and actively engaging in something
16) finding out silverfox has mysteriously drowned and we'll never see her again
17) Assail. wtf.
18) T'avore and paran bff
19) Mallick dies

Edit: ensuing spam conversation moved

#5 User is offline   Jude 

• Jude

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:52 AM

View PostTrull's son, on Oct 16 2008, 09:33 PM, said:

yes jude, indeed you would

WELL LETS THROW FIDDLER INTO THE MIX THEN TOO! now how awesome would that be? Paran and the Fid for nooo reason what so ever making breakfast together. Maybe have Fiddler reading the paper while Paran pours the coffee. Then they'd grumble about their respective jobs for a bit and Fiddler would ask Paran how his date with that conservative lawyer girl went the night before. That's ALL i want to see in DoD.

#6 User is offline   zwitterion 

• Sergeant
  • what seriously

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:05 AM

where IS fiddler.. i have a vague memory of him being in malaz city with with 14th, but also maybe in lether? then...?

#7 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:42 AM

Fid is with the Bonehunters on the subcontinent of Lether - in the city of Letheras, last time we saw him.

#8 User is offline   HoundofDreams 

• Recruit

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:17 AM

Well, after TTH, I've learned my expectations are certain to be misplaced so I'll just state what I would like to see.

2)Edgewalker actively helping ST/COT secure allies that won't rip their heads off.

13) quick ben working on some 2-book complex game ending scheme, poss in shaky alliance with ST and cot (you know they're made for each other)
16) finding out silverfox has mysteriously drowned and we'll never see her again
17) Assail. wtf.
19) Mallick dies

1. That'd be interesting, I agree.
2. That's a relationship I'd like to know more about. Who Edgewalker is, exactly. And, possibly, what the ramification for Light and Shadow now that Darkness has returned?
3. Osserc...I mean, I thought it was obvious. But maybe I'm mistaken. Rake didn't command the Hounds of Darkness, so perhaps not.
4. Yeah, I need to reread this I think. It's been a little while since Bonehunters, and there's a few loose threads out there still galling me. For that matter:
4a. Coltaine. He's still alive, only in a Wickan child's body. But it's been a little while, right? Shouldn't he be out and about? Or am I totally just wishing on a star?
4b. Trull's son. I totally want to know about him.
4c. Toc the Elder. Dude, you owe your son some "let's play catch" time.
4cc. Toc the Younger as Hood's Herald...who's he Heralding? And what god is supposed to be taking him after Hood is done with him? My vote: Togg and/or Fanderay.
4d. What the HELL are all the dead supposed to do now? I mean, where are they supposed to go? I know Hood said to their gods, but it's those without gods I'm concerned about. I mean, Whiskeyjack? I want to know what happens to him. Was he, perhaps, freed from it all when the inhabitants of the sword were freed?
4e. The Bonehunters. After Letherii, what does Tavore plan on doing? And what, exactly, is the QoD's role in her rise to power, since it was obvious that she was involved in her escape from Malaz City. Oh, yes, and what does the transformation that took place in the seige do to them?
4f. Red Mask. He was Letherii...anyone else want to know what's up with that? The background behind it, I've speculated on. But still, I'd like to know.
4g. The other Hounds. Hounds of Light, Darkness, Shadow, and as shorn said: Life, Death...and so on. Where are they, and how badass do they get?
4h. The Crimson Guard. I want to know EVERYTHING. Plain and simple.
4i. Udinaas and his son.
4j. Tool, and the Barghast he leads. What role are they to have in the future?
4k. Icarium and Mappo, reunited?
4l. Mael and Tehol Beddeck. Just bring in some of their conversation so I can piss myself from laughing yet again.
4m. Karsa Orslong and all that has to be done by him. Including the Toblakai that he found in Letherii. Will he call them to fight with him when the time comes?
4n. Felisin the Younger and Heboric and Bauden.
5. Yep. Draconus, for one. What will he do with his new found wisdom? What purpose does his release serve? Because Rake would never have let him out if he planned on destruction. Ditch, well, Ditch did his thing. Apsalar...I totally thought she was going to take the god's eye and give it to Toc the Younger. Sucks.
6. Fisher's an Ascendant. That's pretty obvious. His past would be interesting, I think, but not as integral as some other things. Although I do recall going, "No f***ing way that's Fisher! I've been reading him since this began!"
7. Hmm. My guess? They're the 2nd's army. Or, at least, the beginnings of it. I know why the 2nd wants Skinner, but I can't for the life of me make sense of the war that Seguleh vs. Crimson Guard would unleash.
8. Yup, I'd like that.
9. Seems like Paran started this whole thing, doesn't it? The first chapter that set the stage in GotM. So yes, I am interested in what's going on with him.
10. Not even. I used to HATE Kallor. But the more Erikson shows of him, the more I like him. He's not evil, and I hope he doesn't die just yet. I want to see him redemmed before hand, somehow.
11. I'm pretty sure Erikson gave you that one. Cutter said it when he stumbled upon the thought that ST and Cot were trying to sit on every throne, and then do nothing, to let humans do as they will.
12. Oh yeah, mentioned that earlier. My bad.
13. I'd settle for more Quick Ben in general. And a possible reunion with him and Kalam. Which argues for the alliance you mentioned, what with the situation that put Kalam in the Azath.
14. Totally. I want to know if Mallet found Whiskeyjack. I know it's silly, and a little fancfic to hope so, but I want it to happen none the less.
15. Cutter...yeah, he's an interesting one. Erikson gets claps on the back for Karsa, but of the two I think Cutter is more complex. He's so damn wretched all the time, and yet surprises me with the occasional insight that throws his character elsewhere for me.
16. Hah. Nice. Yeah, that was one huge mistake perpetuated forever. I keep hoping for her and Paran, in some small way. But it's so unfeasible now I can't imagine it.
17. Oh hell yea. They're so damned mysterious in these books! I still don't know who, or what they are. Or what they're purpose is, or was.
18. Haha, not likely. But I would like them to see each other. But what about Felisin? The original one, this time. How will this discovery shake these two?
19. Nice. We'll see, I suppose.

#9 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

View PostHoundofDreams, on Oct 17 2008, 06:17 AM, said:

17) Assail. wtf.
19) Mallick dies

1. That'd be interesting, I agree.
2. That's a relationship I'd like to know more about. Who Edgewalker is, exactly. And, possibly, what the ramification for Light and Shadow now that Darkness has returned?
3. Osserc...I mean, I thought it was obvious. But maybe I'm mistaken. Rake didn't command the Hounds of Darkness, so perhaps not.
4. Yeah, I need to reread this I think. It's been a little while since Bonehunters, and there's a few loose threads out there still galling me. For that matter:
4a. Coltaine. He's still alive, only in a Wickan child's body. But it's been a little while, right? Shouldn't he be out and about? Or am I totally just wishing on a star?
4b. Trull's son. I totally want to know about him.
4c. Toc the Elder. Dude, you owe your son some "let's play catch" time.
4cc. Toc the Younger as Hood's Herald...who's he Heralding? And what god is supposed to be taking him after Hood is done with him? My vote: Togg and/or Fanderay.
4d. What the HELL are all the dead supposed to do now? I mean, where are they supposed to go? I know Hood said to their gods, but it's those without gods I'm concerned about. I mean, Whiskeyjack? I want to know what happens to him. Was he, perhaps, freed from it all when the inhabitants of the sword were freed?
4e. The Bonehunters. After Letherii, what does Tavore plan on doing? And what, exactly, is the QoD's role in her rise to power, since it was obvious that she was involved in her escape from Malaz City. Oh, yes, and what does the transformation that took place in the seige do to them?
4f. Red Mask. He was Letherii...anyone else want to know what's up with that? The background behind it, I've speculated on. But still, I'd like to know.
4g. The other Hounds. Hounds of Light, Darkness, Shadow, and as shorn said: Life, Death...and so on. Where are they, and how badass do they get?
4h. The Crimson Guard. I want to know EVERYTHING. Plain and simple.
4i. Udinaas and his son.
4j. Tool, and the Barghast he leads. What role are they to have in the future?
4k. Icarium and Mappo, reunited?
4l. Mael and Tehol Beddeck. Just bring in some of their conversation so I can piss myself from laughing yet again.
4m. Karsa Orslong and all that has to be done by him. Including the Toblakai that he found in Letherii. Will he call them to fight with him when the time comes?
4n. Felisin the Younger and Heboric and Bauden.
5. Yep. Draconus, for one. What will he do with his new found wisdom? What purpose does his release serve? Because Rake would never have let him out if he planned on destruction. Ditch, well, Ditch did his thing. Apsalar...I totally thought she was going to take the god's eye and give it to Toc the Younger. Sucks.
6. Fisher's an Ascendant. That's pretty obvious. His past would be interesting, I think, but not as integral as some other things. Although I do recall going, "No f***ing way that's Fisher! I've been reading him since this began!"
7. Hmm. My guess? They're the 2nd's army. Or, at least, the beginnings of it. I know why the 2nd wants Skinner, but I can't for the life of me make sense of the war that Seguleh vs. Crimson Guard would unleash.
8. Yup, I'd like that.
9. Seems like Paran started this whole thing, doesn't it? The first chapter that set the stage in GotM. So yes, I am interested in what's going on with him.
10. Not even. I used to HATE Kallor. But the more Erikson shows of him, the more I like him. He's not evil, and I hope he doesn't die just yet. I want to see him redemmed before hand, somehow.
11. I'm pretty sure Erikson gave you that one. Cutter said it when he stumbled upon the thought that ST and Cot were trying to sit on every throne, and then do nothing, to let humans do as they will.
12. Oh yeah, mentioned that earlier. My bad.
13. I'd settle for more Quick Ben in general. And a possible reunion with him and Kalam. Which argues for the alliance you mentioned, what with the situation that put Kalam in the Azath.
14. Totally. I want to know if Mallet found Whiskeyjack. I know it's silly, and a little fancfic to hope so, but I want it to happen none the less.
15. Cutter...yeah, he's an interesting one. Erikson gets claps on the back for Karsa, but of the two I think Cutter is more complex. He's so damn wretched all the time, and yet surprises me with the occasional insight that throws his character elsewhere for me.
16. Hah. Nice. Yeah, that was one huge mistake perpetuated forever. I keep hoping for her and Paran, in some small way. But it's so unfeasible now I can't imagine it.
17. Oh hell yea. They're so damned mysterious in these books! I still don't know who, or what they are. Or what they're purpose is, or was.
18. Haha, not likely. But I would like them to see each other. But what about Felisin? The original one, this time. How will this discovery shake these two?
19. Nice. We'll see, I suppose.

2 things.
1: Jade statues. Some progress in that storyline along with followup of the moon exploding.
2: KCCM Skykeeps in the Imperial Warren. I have a feeling it will be a 3 way fight for the last 2 books. CG and allies, Paran/ST/Cot with allies, and the KCCM

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 17 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

#10 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

I expect the Edur to have a hand to play in events. The Liosan and the Andii aren't going to be the only ones involved.

-AIJ, can't be stuffed making a huge list...

This post has been edited by Ain't_It_Just_: 17 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#11 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

There's still SO many things that need to be explained that it makes my head hurt :p

I've said this before, I want Trull back :p Every other cool character has come back to life, why not him?

Other things I'm hoping for -

Icarium's machines explained.
The CG getting wtfpwned.
Nimander actually doing something cool.
The healing of the broken warren.
Some sort of definitive explanation of how the warrens, holds, elder warrens, azath, burn etc are all related.
The azath builder and the dragon's blood azath playing some role.
Gothos doing something.
Fener is still hidden under Lether right?
All the war gods either joining forces or having some sort of "there can be only one" fight to the death.
Who's been killing dragons? Explanations regarding the Ottotaral dragon, Tiam etc.
Someone finding Tiam's body and becoming soletaken :p
ST using Kalam as a bargaining chip to force QB to join forces with him.
Kalam and QB ascending.
Kruppe, Pust and Tehol being in the same room.

And lots of other crazy things. A million awesome fight scenes, and some huge plot that actually explains how everything that's happened in the books so far are related in ways we never saw :p
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#12 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Well, I want to get hints as to who the Last Resurrection will be.
Also want to find out where Paran is getting his ass handed to him on a plate, and whats off in the mysterious wastelands of Lether. :p
And lastly I want to know more about that darned Otataral Dragon!
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#13 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

I want to see Kallor rolling around being a cunt and just overall awesome.

I seriously love him after the last book. If the whole book was about him killing dragons and ascendants, I'd be thrilled.

#14 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

Fener's story is somthing I actually really want to see. His experiences after losing his power and his attitude towards Trake and the Wolves is something I want to hear.

Things I don't expect to see.

1: Assail. That's ICE place. Maybe a mention.
2: The Forkrul Assail.
3: The Tiste Liosan.
4: The Crimson Guard with the exception of a certain someone who is in Return of the Crimson Guard. (Are spoilers for that book allowed in this forum?)
5: The Tyrant of Darujistan.
6: Karsa. Sorry, but I suspect he's out of the books. He's been used a lot recently.
7: Mallick Rel. Or the general Malazan Empire.
8: Silverfox and the Kron T'lan Imass. They are on Assail.
9: Nimander and the Tiste Andii. That story is done, but I think Silchas Ruin will be back.
10: The Deragoth. Don't think we will see them.

#15 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

I can see that people are expecting a lot of explanations to secondary storylines. I think you people are going to be very disappointed when the tenth book ends.

Many of the things from TTH will probably be taken care of by ICE. I don't actually expect the two last books to have anything specific to do with Darujistan. We'll probably not see Cutter or Karsa again.

Erikson has stated that the 9th book, supposedly, starts out on Lether so he can wrap up the ending of RG. Erikson did this on purpose because RG would had been 1300 pages long or more if he was going to finish that storyarch in one book.

So what's going on in Lether?

We have the 14th army, which will be recouperating and probably getting new supplies, ships, gold, etc. while they're holed up outside the capital. I could imagine that Stormy and Gesler will perhaps bump into Fener while they're staying there. Bottle might take a lesson in Hold magic.

You have the Perish Tavore sent around the continent to hit the empire from the other side. We didn't actually hear anything about them after they sailed off, so the question is if Tavore sent them on a more significant mission than just landing on the east coast.

You have the Whiteface Barghast led by Tool. Tool was pretty pissed at the end and it could be that he intends to take the Capital. Never mind the Letherii, the question is if this will put the Whiteface on a collision course with the 14th? Will Tavore, urged by the veterans in her company, honor the "Malazan alliance" from MoI? Or will she stick up for the Letherii and stand against 70.000 tribal warriors? Of course maybe the Whiteface will just continue wandering.

You have the growing cult of the Errant. Will he attempt to meddle with the 14ths affairs? Is he pursuing his attack on the Houses? Is he an enemy of Paran? What about his opponents in the Malazan Empire, Oponn.

Mappo might be showing up in Lether soon. If nothing else to find the ruins and loose track of his friend, or mayhaps Mappo will seek out Icarium and save him from what ever situation the machine landed him in.

Finally there's Seren Pedac. It seemed significant that Mocra emerges all of a sudden and begins making her its "Mortal Mindfucker". Will Mocra perhaps be a part of the solution to the CG problem? Will Pedac simply "will" the CG out of existance?

Now besides these events on Lether I suspect that Paran and his host will finally show up again, probably right down smack in the middle of the CGs affairs. From the start it seems as though it's up to Quick Ben and Paran maybe along with Caladan Brood, to stop the CG. I don't think the CG's going to be killed, since that would have happened long ago if it was possible. I think he's either going to get "SUPER AZATH'ED!!!" or he'll somehow be banished from Burns dimension.

I do not expect everything to be wrapped up in a neat little basket in the end. I doubt we'll be much wiser on the magical system, the origin of the gods, the house mechanics, the dragons blood, K'rulls shaping, etc. I don't think we'll get any wiser on the Flying Lizard mountains or why they're reemerging now.

I do how ever expect Erikson to solve this Jadestatue mystery. There has to be a link between them and the CG... those things are driving me nuts.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 17 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

#16 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

View PostAptorian, on Oct 17 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

I can see that people are expecting a lot of explanations to secondary storylines. I think you people are going to be very disappointed when the tenth book ends.

Many of the things from TTH will probably be taken care of by ICE. I don't actually expect the two last books to have anything specific to do with Darujistan. We'll probably not see Cutter or Karsa again.

Erikson has stated that the 9th book, supposedly, starts out on Lether so he can wrap up the ending of RG. Erikson did this on purpose because RG would had been 1300 pages long or more if he was going to finish that storyarch in one book.

So what's going on in Lether?

We have the 14th army, which will be recouperating and probably getting new supplies, ships, gold, etc. while they're holed up outside the capital. I could imagine that Stormy and Gesler will perhaps bump into Fener while they're staying there. Bottle might take a lesson in Hold magic.

You have the Perish Tavore sent around the continent to hit the empire from the other side. We didn't actually hear anything about them after they sailed off, so the question is if Tavore sent them on a more significant mission than just landing on the east coast.

You have the Whiteface Barghast led by Tool. Tool was pretty pissed at the end and it could be that he intends to take the Capital. Never mind the Letherii, the question is if this will put the Whiteface on a collision course with the 14th? Will Tavore, urged by the veterans in her company, honor the "Malazan alliance" from MoI? Or will she stick up for the Letherii and stand against 70.000 tribal warriors? Of course maybe the Whiteface will just continue wandering.

You have the growing cult of the Errant. Will he attempt to meddle with the 14ths affairs? Is he pursuing his attack on the Houses? Is he an enemy of Paran? What about his opponents in the Malazan Empire, Oponn.

Mappo might be showing up in Lether soon. If nothing else to find the ruins and loose track of his friend, or mayhaps Mappo will seek out Icarium and save him from what ever situation the machine landed him in.

Finally there's Seren Pedac. It seemed significant that Mocra emerges all of a sudden and begins making her its "Mortal Mindfucker". Will Mocra perhaps be a part of the solution to the CG problem? Will Pedac simply "will" the CG out of existance?

Now besides these events on Lether I suspect that Paran and his host will finally show up again, probably right down smack in the middle of the CGs affairs. From the start it seems as though it's up to Quick Ben and Paran maybe along with Caladan Brood, to stop the CG. I don't think the CG's going to be killed, since that would have happened long ago if it was possible. I think he's either going to get "SUPER AZATH'ED!!!" or he'll somehow be banished from Burns dimension.

I do not expect everything to be wrapped up in a neat little basket in the end. I doubt we'll be much wiser on the magical system, the origin of the gods, the house mechanics, the dragons blood, K'rulls shaping, etc. I don't think we'll get any wiser on the Flying Lizard mountains or why they're reemerging now.

I do how ever expect Erikson to solve this Jadestatue mystery. There has to be a link between them and the CG... those things are driving me nuts.

Agreed with the exception of the Flying Lizard Mountains.
The only reason to do the Redmask storyline in Reaper's Gale was to foreshadow the KCCM return.
Unless it was for some other reason.

#17 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

View Postblackzoid, on Oct 17 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

The only reason to do the Redmask storyline in Reaper's Gale was to foreshadow the KCCM return.

The Redmask storyline was just there to piss me off :p :p

I think the Skykeeps in the Imperial Warren showed up because the KCCM evacuated the Moon. At least that's my favorite theory. I think that there's some kind of expected return of the KCCM that the gods have forseen. That's what the Errant and Menandores talk in RG was about.

I think the reemergence of the KCCM is a build up to other events and other books outside the series. Think of it, you could write a whole new series of books around a new KCCM invasion.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 17 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

#18 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

View PostAptorian, on Oct 17 2008, 03:35 PM, said:

View Postblackzoid, on Oct 17 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

The Redmask storyline was just there to piss me off :p :p

I think the Skykeeps in the Imperial Warren showed up because the KCCM evacuated the Moon. At least that's my favorite theory. I think that there's some kind of expected return of the KCCM that the gods have forseen. That's what the Errant and Menandores talk in RG was about.

I think the reemergence of the KCCM is a build up to other events and other books outside the series. Think of it, you could write a whole new series of books around a new KCCM invasion.

True, it is a huge event to have an ancient race (the oldest of the lot?) return. That could be dealt with in one of ICE's books or SE's post MboTF trilogy.

You know, I don't mind if we never go to Assail. Its been built up so much in my mind that any kind of reveal might be anticlimatic.
The truth will never match the myth.

#19 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

I almost agree with Blackzoid there, Assail has always been like the Chuck Norris of continents lol.

As "Dragons are at the heart of everything to come", its only natural their Children (The KCCM) are gonna get involved at some point too.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#20 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

View PostAmmanas, on Oct 17 2008, 01:09 AM, said:

I think it's highly unlikely that we'll see either of these. Steven Erikson himself said that he hoped ICE would pick up this storyline as he has no intention of doing so. As for Kallor vs. Kars, I just don't see it happening. Karsa tends to have respect for good swordsmen, and saw that in Dassem right away. I'm sure he'd see it in Kallor as well, and their goals allign quite nicely to boot. I mean, Kallor thinks along the exact same lines as Karsa with the whole destroying civilization thing.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users