What's messing with your groove?

#27181 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:12 AM

View PostAptorian, on 29 July 2020 - 03:06 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 28 July 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

So my new job is in sales. Different world for me. But I am doing okay. Because half the month was training and only half work we arranged a deal that if I hit half my monthly goal I’d get half my month bonus. Well it seems a lock. I needed five qualified demos. Five already happened and I was told 4 were a lock. Now they caged their mind and tell me only 3 count. I still have two demos scheduled for the month but I have gone from supremely confident I’d get my bonus to now being very uncertain. It really sucks. The bonus is half my salary again so it a big deal.

It's hard to tell what the exact circumstances are of these performance markers you mention but I would be careful about this. It sounds like they made a deal with you and are going back on that deal or moving the goal posts. That's unacceptable if it's a matter of your salary. Doesn't matter if it's 1% or 50%.

The cynic in me thinks you've got a middle manager that's trying to figure out if he can get away with denying you your bonus because you're new, to get a better bottom line to report to his superiors end of month/quarter, what ever.

Don't let that become a habit just because you're new and afraid they'll fire you.

It comes down to the demos being 'qualified ', no?
Was that a concrete thing with markers you met, or a fuzzy target?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#27182 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:41 AM

View PostAptorian, on 28 July 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 28 July 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

Honestly it's dire. Not due to train upper body again until Thursday but my god, it's supremely stiff two days on. Can hardly lift my arms up. Hot baths can only do so much.

Have you tried rolling around on fresh legos?

Ah, traditional Danish remedial massage. As opposed to the much more commercial Swedish. :p
Cryotherapy is traditional Finnish massage. :shock:
AFAIK traditional Norse massage involves berserkers, blood eagles and black metal. Oh, and mead. Lots of mead.

@Cause
What are you selling, if I may ask?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 July 2020 - 07:44 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27183 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:55 AM

Phantom of the Opera has closed in the West End, and cancelled all touring productions.

Aside from the fact I was hoping for the tour to be rearranged (we had tickets for a cancelled show in May), it feels like if that can shut for the first time since 1986 then the West End in its entirety might be in some peril. I don't know how theatres could run with distancing in place. Not that I'm suggesting we don't need distancing.... I'm just sad at the same time.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#27184 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:53 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 29 July 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

Phantom of the Opera has closed in the West End, and cancelled all touring productions.

Aside from the fact I was hoping for the tour to be rearranged (we had tickets for a cancelled show in May), it feels like if that can shut for the first time since 1986 then the West End in its entirety might be in some peril. I don't know how theatres could run with distancing in place. Not that I'm suggesting we don't need distancing.... I'm just sad at the same time.

In it's entirety, nah.
But fair bet some theaters will not return, or not in by their current owner or name. But i have zero concerns re Phantom... he';s money in the crypt, he'll be back.

#27185 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:07 AM

View PostAbyss, on 29 July 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

But i have zero concerns re Phantom... he';s money in the crypt, he'll be back.

Bahaha, I like it.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#27186 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 29 July 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

This only closed yesterday? I thought all theatre had been shut for months. They closed Les miserables 2 days before we were due to go, back in March.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 30 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#27187 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:11 AM

The theatres have been closed since then, you're right - the announcement yesterday was that they've permanently closed the production altogether (doesn't mean it can't reopen in the future, but it won't be soon I don't think).

Originally it was, like Les Mis, Hamilton etc just postponed to 2021. Pulled the plan to rearrange the UK tour as well.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#27188 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

Oh, proper closed.. that really sucks. I think our les mis show is postponed until next year but who knows how things will go.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#27189 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

I don't MIND a lot if Phantom closes forever....I would be a bit sad as Phantom is great....but if LES MIS went away forever, I would fucking riot (Revolt?). Seriously. I want to still see that for the 24th time when I'm in my nineties...

Do you hear the people sing...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27190 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 July 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

I don't MIND a lot if Phantom closes forever....I would be a bit sad as Phantom is great....but if LES MIS went away forever, I would fucking riot (Revolt?). Seriously. I want to still see that for the 24th time when I'm in my nineties...

This is the thing I'm now waiting on. I'm not sure I could cope with the idea of not being able to see Les Mis live again. From the first moment the overture knocks you into the back wall until you're weeping all over the place at the end, it's such a treasure.

Singing the song of angry men...
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#27191 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:35 PM

I feel the same way about "Naughty Cheerleader Parties 3". That ending ... just beautiful ... :crybaby:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 30 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27192 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 30 July 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 July 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

This is the thing I'm now waiting on. I'm not sure I could cope with the idea of not being able to see Les Mis live again. From the first moment the overture knocks you into the back wall until you're weeping all over the place at the end, it's such a treasure.

Singing the song of angry men...

Yep, I hope it sticks around.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27193 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 30 July 2020 - 02:45 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 30 July 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

I feel the same way about "Naughty Cheerleader Parties 3". That ending ... just beautiful ... :crybaby:

Some would call it orgasmic.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#27194 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:28 PM

I seem to be coughing. Once! Once every two days. I don’t even think I’m sick. Just water down the wrong pipe, the ac maybe? But now and until this stupid pandemic is over every little thing is a worry.

#27195 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:30 PM

I seem to be coughing. Once! Once every two days. I don’t even think I’m sick. Just water down the wrong pipe, the ac maybe? But now and until this stupid pandemic is over every little thing is a worry.

#27196 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:56 PM

View PostCause, on 30 July 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

I seem to be coughing. Once! Once every two days. I don't even think I'm sick. Just water down the wrong pipe, the ac maybe? But now and until this stupid pandemic is over every little thing is a worry.

I'm sure it's nothing. You'll be fine.
Spoiler

#27197 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

"awww shucky ducky!" will always put a smile on my face. Didn't agree with his politics or where he positioned himself on various issues. Shouldn't have come to that end. Cautionary tale for what happens when you ignore experts.

#27198 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:23 PM

Lost my dad last night.

Sucks but at least he is no longer in agony and miserable.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#27199 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:27 PM

Condolences, HD.

How are you dealing with it?

#27200 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:22 PM

Dang HD so sorry to hear that. Stay strong man, we're here if you need to vent.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 1521 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic