• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26901 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:20 AM

People in my town have collectively lost their fucking minds! :admin: How the virus hasn't killed all of them off yet I don't know! :nuke:

The streets are FULL. Despite most people having had time (due to home office or generally probable Easter vacations that now happen at home) to do their Easter shopping all damn week, they do it TODAY. Everyone at once. Not allowed to congregate in groups? Oh, we'll all just stand two meters apart taking up the entire street and lash our tongues away. Also, Germans cannot queue to save their fucking lives. People are standing ACROSS the street, with everyone else criss-crossing between them. And don't get me started again on the kids.

Also, masks and gloves. People, those things are useless if you've got your mask hanging below your chin and play on your phone with your gloved hands, then bring it up to your face to babble some more. Saw two geniuses with masks at the throats talking through the open door of the icecream fridge :admin: The cashiers are also clearly on the verge of losing it.

And before anyone goes "But what are YOU doing out there?", I live in the town centre and had to drop a package off at the post office, which just so happens to be on the other side of our main shopping street. Running slalom is nothing compared to what I had to do to dodge people today.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#26902 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Have had some reoccurrence of sleep paralysis over the past few weeks. Not every night, and only a couple of times, thankfully. I'm guessing it's to do with the increased anxiety. Been awhile since I experienced it, and forgot how scary it can be.

#26903 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:14 PM

Tim Brooke-Taylor died of COVID. :(

Damn, that's the first of The Goodies gone.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26904 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:17 PM

My grans nurse collapsed (couldn't breath apparently) and had to be taken to hospital. She was in lock-down with my gran so no idea how she might have caught covid 19 or if it is covid but if she was infected and with my 99 year old grandmother she will be as good as dead. We are waiting for the test results.

My Roomate is an asshole for whom I now I have nor respect. It is a shame. Week 1 he seemed great. we played some Xbox together, I thought he might be someone I could befriend. Over time I realized we were not a great fit but still we were friendly. Now though, he keeps going out, to a friends house I gather, he invites his girlfriend over several nights a week. A former roomate showed me a story on his instragram of him going to some kind of bar, not sure how it was open. Now I overheard him on the phone saying he wasnt feeling well the last few days, which I didnt really need to hear since I did hear him tring to hack up phlegm in the bathroom for twenty minutes this afternoon.

#26905 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:58 PM

Grandmothers nurse died this morning, still not sure what it is. Apparently they will send a team to test the whole apartment.

Apparently someone was sent to give everyone flu vaccines last week and one theory is that she had a bad allergic reaction.

#26906 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:44 PM

I'm sitting and reading the 2021-24 plan for Copenhagens Libraries and I think I need to start looking for a new job. Not because I think I'm going to be fired myself but they're going all in on "optimizing" the libraries, I.E. saving money and firing people.

They're reconfiguring all the libraries in the municilaplity to have teams working across the city zones, instead of working in one house. One day you'll be in one library, tomorrow another. Or maybe several places per day. Everyone will be assigned new roles, meaning instead of doing a bit of everything, thereby knowing everything, you'll now specialize in key areas. Frontstage og backstage. Service and hosting roles or curation of the collection and processing of materials. They concept isnt stupid but reading the plan it's clear that there's no thought as to all the areas that fall in between, the special needs of the few, the particular, peculaliar aspects of the location.

They want to have fewer librarians in the public areas of the libraries, that is already understaffed and they want us to centralize all decision making to teams that report to the Central library. The Central library that knows fuck all about what actually goes on outside their own house.

They want to move over half our localized collections into a central depot where they will sit unnoticed, unused and be thrown out after two years. Instead they want more displays and more group spaces, which is nice, but a library is not a book store and it's doesn't have to cater to students alone. They want to have big open spaces but also small children running around screaming all day.

And given the current coronarelated financial future, things can only get more dire than they already are.

I wonder if I could get a job at the Royal Library or a big archive now that I've got a few years of experience under my belt.

Ah, I'll probably end up weathering it out if I can land a position with the teams managing our collection.

EDIT: Oh I should add that they want fewer librarians because they want the public to host their own events and manage their own reading circles, etc. They want the same quality of service but for free. Yeah, this is going to be fun.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 15 April 2020 - 01:55 PM

#26907 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

Doesnt sound great Apt, having been on both ends of that kind of initiative. Sounds like you have a few good options though!
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#26908 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

Someone my mum works with lost their dad to COVID the day before yesterday. It's shaken them all up (she works in a supermarket so is still going to work as normal) and it was horrible not being able to just go have a brew with her and comfort her.

The only small silver lining is a local fund for the NHS was set up and has already topped £4k in the two days, before the collection has started at their workplace.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#26909 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:38 PM

That is the most complex dream I have ever heard

Also makes me realise how weird my dreams are. There is never any sound in my dreams.

#26910 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:14 PM

woke up with an annoying headache. Feels like a tension headache, I've had one of these before when I tweaked something in my neck.

Due to the virus, I don't expect any physio/osteo place to be open where I could go and get it fixed.

goddamn it.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26911 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

Nurse where I work has covid, and has been transferred to another hospital on ecmo ( oxygen given directly into bloodstream) She was at home with her new baby; her mum came to stay to help her. Just after she was admitted to hospital with covid, her mum has died of it. She doesn't know yet as she's still unconscious. Pretty damn harsh - it's also likely she took it home and gave it to her mum.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 16 April 2020 - 06:52 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26912 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:02 PM

Pretty sure I have an ear infection.
Also my hands are dry and itchy from washing them so much.

Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#26913 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:02 AM

Shoulder is gone again. I rattled it on my snowboarding holiday, should have gotten it looked at when I came home,haven't been able to for the last few weeks due to lock down and it's gotten to a stage now where I can barely sleep with it.

Likely another few weeks until I can get it sorted

#26914 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:39 PM

View PostTraveller, on 16 April 2020 - 06:51 PM, said:

Nurse where I work has covid, and has been transferred to another hospital on ecmo ( oxygen given directly into bloodstream) She was at home with her new baby; her mum came to stay to help her. Just after she was admitted to hospital with covid, her mum has died of it. She doesn't know yet as she's still unconscious. Pretty damn harsh - it's also likely she took it home and gave it to her mum.

That's just heartbreaking. Hope you and the family are holding up with the stress of it all.

My little'un has developed an imaginary friend. I know it's normal but I feel so bad that it has suddenly cropped up now when he can't play with his real friends. He is usually such a sociable little thing but we can't replicate it on video calls, he clams up. The friend is called Patty and amongst other things she is very sad that he can't go to her house to play :(

Where the hell he got the name "Patty" from of all names. I have no idea.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26915 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:10 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 17 April 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

Apatosaurus?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26916 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:41 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 18 April 2020 - 03:10 AM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 17 April 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

Apatosaurus?

Peppermint?

Hearst?

Duke?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26917 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:58 AM

Bouvier?

#26918 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 April 2020 - 04:13 AM

My Roomate was blasting his music at 1130 at night, I asked him tonkeepnitndown and he chose that time to tell me he saw cockroaches the night before. Just a couple he said but that’s enough to freak me. They look so disgusting.

I want to nip this in the bud now! That or I need to move apartments.

#26919 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:24 AM

View PostBriar King, on 19 April 2020 - 04:59 AM, said:

So he thinks music will keep them away? He would be better off with some lighting.

Or did I read that wrong as in he was just trying to fuck with you since you said something about the music?

Yeah now that it’s just him and me he has been bugging the crap out of me, I have asked him to do his share of the dishes, stop paying his music so loudly all day long and to told him he often forgets to turn off the oven. I don’t think he is lying about the cockroaches but I also think it was him firing back. We def both use the kitchen but he still outs a lot so I do think he was hitting back in the sense of saying your not perfect either which is fine. I know I’m not. still playing his music at full blast all night long! He actually stays up all night and sleeps all day is not cool.

#26920 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 19 April 2020 - 11:03 PM

The local dollar general wouldn’t let me inside because I didn’t have gloves on, how must Ibuy some if I don’t already have? I debated explaining about cross-contamination and this gloves idea was stupid and I had some expertise in this area and knew what I was saying but decided that it would probably be pointless.

Anyway I went home, put on winter gloves and that seemed to satisfy. When I was standing in line to buy my groceries I saw the manager who had denied me entry buy herself some snacks. In five minutes, while wearing the same gloves she had been wearing on duty I saw her touch her face twice, her clothes, take her purse out her bag, touch her money, touch the counter, pay for her snacks, and take her mask off to eat. I half expected her to touch the food with her gloves too but thank god she didn’t go that far and than retired to the workers lounge, good thing I was wearing a mask or she might have slapped the smirks off my face.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users