• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#26921 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:25 AM

Shooting in Canada. Hope you're all OK. Presumably you'll deal with it better than your southern neighbours...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#26922 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:28 PM

Nova Scotia. Isn't Dadding from around there?

Just when we thought there may be a sort of upside to COVID ...

:(
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26923 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 20 April 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

Shooting in Canada. Hope you're all OK. Presumably you'll deal with it better than your southern neighbours...

We don't have them very often up here. The last one that was even close to this one in numbers was in 1989 at Ecole Polytechnique...and similar to that one in (Norway, was it?) he dressed like a police officer and used a car like a police car and lulled people into a false sense of security. Fucking some people are just the worst. This is technically the worst attack of this kind in our history...a spree killing with no known motive yet.

Ugh. He was a denturist apparently with a penchant for collecting and obsessing over police/RCMP memorabilia...and people seem inclined to think his business was affected by COVID...but yeah, this MFer killed an RCMP officer.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 April 2020 - 01:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26924 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:31 PM

Apart from the uniform what is the difference between a regular cop and a mountie?
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#26925 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:43 PM

View PostCyphon, on 20 April 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Apart from the uniform what is the difference between a regular cop and a mountie?

RCMP are a federal/national entity....think of the difference between the US local cops and the FBI who can cross borders of states and police the country as a whole. That's the difference.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26926 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

Adobe Reader on my laptop is spazzing out.

Instead of working, I'm now trying to figure out what's the issue with my laptop and why it won't update properly.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 21 April 2020 - 04:23 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#26927 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:05 PM

Fuck so it looks like they found someone to move into my apartment. I just hope they not a vector of transmission.

Edit- also no one has said when they moving in or anything but our fridge, freezer etc is currently packed with just 2 of us.

This post has been edited by Cause: 21 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

#26928 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:15 PM

Getting annoyed at the Census 2020 roll-out. I got my notice in the mail and filled it out online. I received another packet in the mail this week, this time with a paper survey to fill and return. They should have a system that in effect 'checks' me in their database as completed and quit with the additional correspondence bullshit. It's the third decade of the 21st century for fucks sake, figure it out already.

#26929 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:31 AM

Editing can eat my ass and balls.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#26930 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:56 AM

I am living with Mr Not a Blacksmith during lockdown. All is well.... aside from his absolutely feral neighbours.

Noise from the kids is understandable - there are three of them, theyr'e probably bored to tears with lockdown. I completely accept this.

When it's the adults yelling at each other (and the kids) nearly every day... less so. The dad actually goes from shouting to wordless screaming when he's annoyed. Every day for the last week and a half, bar none, we've heard that on an evening. Accompanied by slamming doors and the sound of things being thrown.

However, the silver lining is as the spare room is now finished (it was intended to be an office) we hoofed a sofa up there, set the spare TV up and now have this as a mini living room. It's on the other side of the house from the neighbours. You can still catch the doors being slammed because it shakes the house, but we no longer have to be privvy to a grown adult screaming like a toddler every night. Hooray!

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 23 April 2020 - 10:57 AM

- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#26931 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:41 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 23 April 2020 - 10:56 AM, said:

However, the silver lining is as the spare room is now finished (it was intended to be an office) we hoofed a sofa up there, set the spare TV up and now have this as a mini living room. It's on the other side of the house from the neighbours. You can still catch the doors being slammed because it shakes the house, but we no longer have to be privvy to a grown adult screaming like a toddler every night. Hooray!

You live at 1602 Pennsylvania Avenue? I thought you were a Pom?

:ermm:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 23 April 2020 - 12:53 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#26932 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:37 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 23 April 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 23 April 2020 - 10:56 AM, said:

However, the silver lining is as the spare room is now finished (it was intended to be an office) we hoofed a sofa up there, set the spare TV up and now have this as a mini living room. It's on the other side of the house from the neighbours. You can still catch the doors being slammed because it shakes the house, but we no longer have to be privy to a grown adult screaming like a toddler every night. Hooray!

You live at 1602 Pennsylvania Avenue? I thought you were a Pom?

:ermm:

I am.... but I pity said residents and share their pain ;)
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#26933 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:32 AM

I'm getting just.. mildly.. ticked off at having less time to do anything, while the rest of the world seems to be complaining about all their spare time and the stress of doing nothing.

Life is now work (stupid extended hours), day off with the kids, which is almost as busy, and the weekend - where I'm too tired to do anything. My evening game time has been reduced to a bit if Animal Crossing before I go to sleep.

I've got such early starts now I cant afford to stay up late playing. On the plus side I actually get out at 1pm today to make up for the long days, so at least I'm getting a weekend.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26934 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:23 AM

I feel for you Traveller. I am feeling hard done by myself and I have it nowhere near as bad as you. My week days are either - get up and start work at my desk at 7.30am, finish at 1pm, childcare until he's asleep at 7.30pm, dinner, crash in front of TV or do a bit more work, bed. Or, start childcare at 7am (if I'm lucky and he sleeps that long), start work at 1pm, finish work any time between 8 and 10pm, crash in front of TV, bed. Weekends are full on childcare while mentally exhausted because my job is rather taxing particularly while being asked to help get coronavirus tests to market, or finding some time to fit more work in to catch up.

Still find time for cheeky forum breaks though so it's not nearly as bad as actually being a useful person keeping folks alive. And always have to be grateful to have a job with decent pay so things could be a lot worse but god I am tired!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#26935 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:28 AM

View PostTraveller, on 24 April 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

I'm getting just.. mildly.. ticked off at having less time to do anything, while the rest of the world seems to be complaining about all their spare time and the stress of doing nothing.

Life is now work (stupid extended hours), day off with the kids, which is almost as busy, and the weekend - where I'm too tired to do anything. My evening game time has been reduced to a bit if Animal Crossing before I go to sleep.

I feel you. Working from home AND looking after the kids all day (almost 4 year old, and a 1.5 year old) while my wife has to flit back and forth to her parents house (including staying overnight there) to look after her dying mother while her dad is in hospital with a broken ankle...I have exactly 1.5-2 hours during the day (while the kids nap, and as long as I don't have work during that time to do) to myself, and a few hours before bed at night...I WISH I was bored with free time.

#26936 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:33 AM

It's been rough here too. I spent all day playing video games and eating snickers. Almost got a tummy ache.

#26937 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:52 AM

View PostAptorian, on 24 April 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

It's been rough here too. I spent all day playing video games and eating snickers. Almost got a tummy ache.

The struggle is real.

#26938 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:10 PM

Attached File  691125566b2accf02766503b3a5999b1.jpg (46.82K)
Number of downloads: 0

#26939 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

Turd. Don't forget to take care of those pressure areas!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 April 2020 - 01:22 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#26940 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 April 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 24 April 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

I feel you. Working from home AND looking after the kids all day (almost 4 year old, and a 1.5 year old) while my wife has to flit back and forth to her parents house (including staying overnight there) to look after her dying mother while her dad is in hospital with a broken ankle...I have exactly 1.5-2 hours during the day (while the kids nap, and as long as I don't have work during that time to do) to myself, and a few hours before bed at night...I WISH I was bored with free time.

I was saying this to my wife last night. I’m constantly exhausted, so much more than before.

And then add in the constantly there piles of laundry and dishes. And I feel like my kids follow me around dropping crumbs when I’m sweeping.

It never ends.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users