• You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#25221 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

Play Morrowind Ando.

It’s the best Elder Scrolls imo. Epically jamazing when it came out on XBOX so very long ago now.

Is jamazing a typo? If it is I want to make it a new word for when something is even more than amazing.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#25222 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

*big long reallly deep and drawn out breathy sigh

My sister got in a fist fight with her mom so she has got to leave from there. Guess where she’s ending up for atleast the night/week/stfu please no I will not think any further ahead, while they calm down from each other...

My routine/peace will be turned upside down in a few minutes.

Fuck man

What's Thanksgiving and Christmas like in your family? Should one bring a mouth guard?

#25223 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

View PostAndorion, on 09 December 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Feeling very frustrated.

Tried to play some computer games after a long time. I thought I would try something other than my standard RTS games. So I tried Skyrim.

Despite having more than the minimum specs, the game won't run. I always wanted to play this game and this is so irritating.

What open world RPGs should I try? Morrowing? Dragon Age?
Also does anyone here play online MMORPGS?

Dragon Age Origins is one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Just not Open World. But story and characters are amazing.

Morrowind is also a fantastic game. Some of the mechanics didn't age well and in my opinion you have to get the boots of blinding speed to get around at a reasonable pace, but still a lot of fun.

I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online from time to time with friends. Just running around and questing can be fun. But for playing many of the Dungeons and the PVP maps you have to invest quite some time to not get destroyed. I don't have the time and so my friends carry me normally Posted Image

#25224 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

Seconding the recommendation for Dragon Age: Origins :)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#25225 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

BK have you tried sending her straight to hell with a couple stone cold stunners and a tombstone piledriver?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#25226 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:29 PM

View PostBriar King, on 09 December 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 09 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

BK have you tried sending her straight to hell with a couple stone cold stunners and a tombstone piledriver?

I probably will if she starts asking for any of my pain pills. Hopefully she got her own or this gonna get bad.

Y'all know when the last time was I have slept under the same roof with my sister? 1984.

Theres a "Big Brother" joke in there somewhere.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#25227 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Thanks for the game tips guys.

BK, is it too late to say that you have the plague and thus can't host your sister?
Also, lock up your meds, and hide the key if you are worried about her taking any. Pain pills are no joke.

#25228 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

I think it's time to quit.
Second month ago in a row the wages have been wrong.
I don't blame the accounting woman, she is told only to pay by what is on their stupid digital system that is never correct.
I mean NEVER correct. So I submit a timesheet with my invoice, always have.

So the money I was short last month wasn't made to order this month and this month my wages are a further £300 short.

I'll get it eventually but I'm tired of having to fight over this fucking nonsense. And the asshole boss is on project manager position for the job I'm running the electrical side on. Sometimes I think he's willfully trying to cripple the project, the mechanical side were able to get someone else to basically kick him out on their side. I feel like I'm trying to do this job with my arms tied and a blindfold on at times. Every single problem or embarrassment we have suffered on site is directly traceable to him being a fuckwit.
I can start a job at home tomorrow, actually home home, I'll leave my house at 8am and be home by 5.30 every day. No flights and no crap to deal with. It will hit my wallet badly but I'm past caring

#25229 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

Strike at the railway company. No trains. They're supposed to be running again now but no way is anything going to be on time for the remainder of the day. Spent an hour and a half freezing at the train station, then legged it home. Ugh.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#25230 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostPuck, on 10 December 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Strike at the railway company. No trains. They're supposed to be running again now but no way is anything going to be on time for the remainder of the day. Spent an hour and a half freezing at the train station, then legged it home. Ugh.

Nördliche Schiene doing you guys over as well? Ouch.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#25231 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:39 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 10 December 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

View PostPuck, on 10 December 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Nördliche Schiene doing you guys over as well? Ouch.

Nah, this is homegrown. Though this time they also stopped the regional trains instead of just the express and freight trains. NOTHING goes. I made a second attempt to get to work, froze my ass off for another hour and a half and decided to call it a day. Going by how nobody is picking up the phone at work, I'm not the only one with this problem.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#25232 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:21 AM

Trying to finish a write-up and submission for my PhD but I am so utterly sleepy I can barely process anything.

#25233 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

The laboratory that does my blood tests says I am owed a refund and asked me to send them my bank details, which I have done. I just cant shake the feeling that I am part of some kind of Machiavellian plot in which they will end up garnishing my wages. Which is ridiculous but this whole process just seems so bizarre to me.

They send me an sms saying I must email them to ask about a refund. Which I did. They say my medical aid has paid them, after I already paid them. Which is entirely possible as I have been bitching to my medical aid as to why my cancer blood tests are not covered in my oncology benefits. However I cant seem to get them to tell me how much I am owed and they just told me I also have R800 outstanding which they will take from my refund before sending me the balance. The guys job title is literally banking refund clerk, how often can this happen that its some guys entire job?

#25234 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

Is he a prince as well who looks to move large sums of money out of the country and were you recently involved in a car accident?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#25235 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:10 PM

is he concerned about your PPI claim?

#25236 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:02 AM

I have the day off work. Spent the morning turning my kids cot into a toddler bed. I'm totally terrified at the prospect of no longer having a child cage! Surely it isn't a good idea to let them loose all the time?!?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#25237 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Meanwhile my baby vommed in my beard so that was fun.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#25238 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:00 PM

The last 3 weeks have been absolutely freaking insane. None of the usual slowing down toward end of year thing.
Nope, it ramped up and was way worse than usual. And in my workplace it's constant lastminute.com with incomplete info, gotta be done NOW etc.

As a nice last day example - us clerks went until almost 1700 today, when everyone else knocked off early before 1300 and simply walked out, we were fixing their fuckups. When you start at 0630 it gets pretty tiring, and except for last Xmas with a 3.5 week break and a few days here and there, that's been my world for the last 2 years. I often remote log in as well after hours from home.

And they're saying next year's tempo will be worse. Which will be great when we just lost 3 clerks out of 8 total - none of whom will be replaced apparently - and our senior clerk goes overseas from the start of next year for over 6 months, then will be coming back to go on long service leave for the rest of the year. That will leave us with 4 out of 8, when we really should have 10. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Did I mention the heat wave we had a week or so ago, followed by the ghastly humidity? Having no aircon makes it really character building, especially when you're dripping with sweat and can't think, and you finally have something to eat around 1400.

So tired all the time.

Ah well, #firstworldproblems I guess.

;) :crybaby: :realmad:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#25239 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 14 December 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

I have the day off work. Spent the morning turning my kids cot into a toddler bed. I'm totally terrified at the prospect of no longer having a child cage! Surely it isn't a good idea to let them loose all the time?!?

It is terrifying. And you will wake up to them staring at you in the middle of the night.

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 December 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Meanwhile my baby vommed in my beard so that was fun.

Mine did in my mouth once.

But, will that smell ever come out of your beard, or will you smell warm partially digested breast milk all day?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#25240 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

A shower and some shampoo has seemed to fix it thankfully. Nor does it stink that much...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 1523 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic