#6381 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:09 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 January 2021 - 05:41 PM, said:

Finished Enterprise.

I may just have to bite the bullet and go ahead and finish SG-1 S7-10. I ll try and find something to hold my attention for another week to get my mind off it.

since you obviously like Sci-Fi stuff, have you tried CONTINUUM?
It's fairly low budget, but it had a coherent concept, some decent twists, and they didn't try and overdo it and drag it on too long.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#6382 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 10 January 2021 - 10:44 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 January 2021 - 10:17 PM, said:

View PostBinder of Demons, on 10 January 2021 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 10 January 2021 - 05:41 PM, said:

Finished Enterprise.

I may just have to bite the bullet and go ahead and finish SG-1 S7-10. I ll try and find something to hold my attention for another week to get my mind off it.

since you obviously like Sci-Fi stuff, have you tried CONTINUUM?
It's fairly low budget, but it had a coherent concept, some decent twists, and they didn't try and overdo it and drag it on too long.

Yup I watched that show when new every week but I never finished the last season then. Good reco though I will consider a rewatch.

And I would totally rewatch Warehouse 13 if it’s on there.

Another good thing about Continuum is that they got to finish it off properly, rather than an off season cancellation.

Never stuck with Warehouse 13. Initially I thought it was a bit of fun, but I never felt it was going anywhere. But if memory serves, if you liked that show, then EUREKA is similar (and there might have even been a crossover or two).

For a totally different feel , maybe CHUCK? I hadn't seen it in years, but accidentally came across it again and loved it. Can get a bit samey, but its just good fun (and has a great indie rock soundtrack).

This post has been edited by Binder of Demons: 10 January 2021 - 10:45 PM

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

- Anonymous

#6383 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:05 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 January 2021 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 January 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

Posted this to the NFL discussion thread, but posting here because this might be something novel to check out if you have little ones.

So, I know the majority of forum members loathe the American professional sport of leather egg keep away / sneak into your land and poop it on your territory war. But the Nickelodeon channel is giving the game a treatment that kids will think is hip and totally boss. Game is today and you have to get the aforementioned channel.

Posted Image

Ooof, the kick off to this coverage has been less then quality. I guess it appeals to kids? The graphics are really low tech quality. Just some flashy overlays. I thought we'd see some cutting edge, deepfake like quality. I dunno, I'll keep it up and see what they do during a score. I anticipate cutting out and going to normal coverage after score / first two possessions.

This is really bad television. They had a clip of the coach for the Saints saying he is only willing to be slimed if they win. Those virtual slime canons are kind of baller though, I guess. Virtual point for this dumbshit from me for that at least.. The rest has been a huge disappointment and this was waaaay over hyped.

#6384 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:58 PM

Hey ladies! The Outlander hunk has a travel series through Scotland starting soon. Set the mood and take pleasure in this new show. Fifty shades of argyle *rawrr!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6385 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:49 PM

So mandalorian and Star Trek are gone. The expanse is on Wednesday. What’s out now or what’s coming out soon? The big hyped tv shows?

I believe Wanda vision is Jan 15th, anything else? Disney revealed so many shows I can’t even remember half of them.

#6386 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:55 PM

There's a show titled Clarice starting soon I believe. I don't know how good it will be, and I think it is on the CBS streaming service...so. It's about Clarice Starling, from Silence of the Lambs.

My linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarice_(TV_series)

Silence of the Lambs is in my top 10 favortie movies, so I wouldn't mind checking this out.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yKFaGDrOfrI <<< don't be scared to click, orig music video, so no tuck and dance in front of the mirror.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 12 January 2021 - 03:56 PM

#6387 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:14 AM

I think I'm going to try that new show with one of the nerd actresses from Big Bang Theory. I think the premise of the show is she lives with a bunch of cats. Anyone see it yet? Any good?

#6388 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 January 2021 - 03:29 AM

QT - have you watched or are you watching the show on Netflix called BACK TO LIFE? I definitely think it would be you bag. I've caught the first few episodes and it has made me laugh out loud quite a lot. Similar in tone (in some ways) to AFTER LIFE though not quite as dark in humour, i think it's something you'd enjoy.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6389 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:58 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 January 2021 - 03:29 AM, said:

QT - have you watched or are you watching the show on Netflix called BACK TO LIFE? I definitely think it would be you bag. I've caught the first few episodes and it has made me laugh out loud quite a lot. Similar in tone (in some ways) to AFTER LIFE though not quite as dark in humour, i think it's something you'd enjoy.

I have not seen that one. I'll have a look for it. Thanks for the recommendation!

-------------------------

On the STARGATE SG1 front, I've reached the end of S2 and while I know that the clip shows on this series are few and far between (I think there are 7 of them total in like 10 seasons?)...whoever thought it was a smart idea to make the SEASON 2 FINALE a partial clip show should be drug out in the street and dueled. And the conceit of it

Spoiler

That said, the S3 opener that is the continuation of the framing narrative from the previous ep is cool. And this show it DAMNED good and I'm enjoying it a lot in MOST episodes, even some of the hokier ones. I'm just ranting about a clip show finale for a season.

Season 3 here I come!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6390 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Been watching some quality TV recently, mostly on Netflix.

THE SINNER is an ace detective show set in rural NY State - each season is more or less standalone where the detective is the only continuous character. The first season especially is excellent.

BACK TO LIFE mentioned above, only 6 eps and each only about 20 minutes long so we whizzed through it but very funny/quirky in the way that only Brits can do.

LUPIN French show about a master thief, pretty exciting. Ends very abruptly but apparently it's in two parts so I imagine the next episodes aren't too far behind.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6391 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 January 2021 - 11:49 PM

Season 2 of Staged

#6392 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

Mentioning this here even though I think the majority of forum members loathe American football. I think you all, in some minor way, appreciate the Super Bowl commercials. So, I guess there is some Wayne's World thing a brewin' for a Super Bowl advert. Will be interesting to see what they come up with and what it's for.

#6393 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:07 PM

Schitts Creek is really good.

Season 1 was alright. Season 2 was good. Season 3 was excellent.

Excited to start season 4 tonight.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6394 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:09 AM

Well now I have lost the expanse. Not a lot to look forward to anymore

#6395 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 04 February 2021 - 12:46 AM

Uggh. I didnt realize today was the last episode. Thanks alot Cause.......
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6396 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 04 February 2021 - 01:41 AM

That season finale of The Expanse......
Now that's how you tease things for the next one. Plenty of storylines resolved, and so many more opening up.
Why do we have to wait another year.

- Anonymous

#6397 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:45 AM

Ok, I know I do this a lot, but I truly am perplexed by the amount and variety of content that is available now. So I have do to it - what is this?

#6398 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:50 AM

It appears to be a teaser trailer for a TV-show on the streaming service called HBO.

#6399 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:54 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 February 2021 - 08:45 AM, said:

Ok, I know I do this a lot, but I truly am perplexed by the amount and variety of content that is available now. So I have do to it - what is this?

"Girls get it done."
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6400 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 February 2021 - 06:02 PM

Wandavision:

wasn't a fan of the first couple episodes, think they're very rooted in US sitcom history, so if you aren't aware of them it just doesn't really 'click'

picks up from ep 3 onwards though, and the most recent ep (5) finale is great
meh. Link was dead :(

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users