• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#5741 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 November 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

^ I wouldn't mind watching the Aberfan episode as I used to work there. It's still pretty haunted by the tragedy, to be expected of course... Not seen much of The Crown as I couldn't really get into it and I really wanted to love it. But I might watch that one episode...

It's a VERY good episode. Made the wife and I both quite weepy.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5742 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:38 PM

Oh boy, another show from the Walking Dead universe. Looks like the kind of show that would air on the CW network, watered down and designed for mopey teens. In the trailer, looks like they may reveal more about the helicopter people who were cherry picking the best of the goth, dumpster diving, garbage pail kids (or more then likely, probably not).

#5743 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:15 PM

Ok, latest episode of Watchmen. It was fantastic. I find myself humbled by how excellent this show is. Quentin Tarantino should watch the latest episode and take notes on how to execute an 'orbit shot' that is implemented perfectly to augment the narrative and not just circling around some tedious, long drawn out dialog. Damn it was good!

Also, Jean Smart. She rocks! I said how good she is in this up thread, but it needs to be repeated.

#5744 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

I have been binging stuff on Netflix
I watched all of Lucifer, loved it
Latest season of Agents of Shield, loved that as well.

Currently watching Love, Death Robots. This is art. This is classic sci-fi. I adore it.

#5745 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

View PostAndorion, on 26 November 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Currently watching Love, Death Robots. This is art. This is classic sci-fi. I adore it.

This series is INSANELY good. SONNIE'S EDGE, SUCKER OF SOULS (less for context or story and more for dialogue and atmosphere), ZIMA BLUE and especially BEYOND THE AQUILA RIFT and THE SECRET WAR are standouts. The other tales in there are good, but these are the ones that REALY resonated with me.

Jump into DARK after that if you've not seen it yet (and watch in German with subtitles).

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5746 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 November 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 26 November 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

This series is INSANELY good. SONNIE'S EDGE, SUCKER OF SOULS (less for context or story and more for dialogue and atmosphere), ZIMA BLUE and especially BEYOND THE AQUILA RIFT and THE SECRET WAR are standouts. The other tales in there are good, but these are the ones that REALY resonated with me.

Jump into DARK after that if you've not seen it yet (and watch in German with subtitles).

Secret War was so good. I was totally absorbed into the story. I would like a full length film/book on it.

I loved Ice Age a lot as I watched it just after Beyond the Aquila Rift. After all of that super darkness, the whimsicality of Ice Age was extremely refreshing

#5747 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

There's not a single episode of LOVE, DEATH, ROBOTS that I didn't at least like if not outright love. Apparently there's another series coming.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5748 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:34 PM

Started watching the Netflix show RAISING DION and I thought it was going to be quite a cheesy, twee thing but it's actually quite a meaningful and deep show with lots of heart and humour that promises to get pretty epic. The two main characters are excellent and the way they're developing the child and his powers is engaging. Will definitely keep watching.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5749 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:39 AM

I might be alone in this but I very much enjoyed Final Space season 1, so the release of season 2 out of the blue (for me at least) was a pleasant surprise.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#5750 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:16 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 26 November 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

There's not a single episode of LOVE, DEATH, ROBOTS that I didn't at least like if not outright love. Apparently there's another series coming.

Thanks I'd forgotten I hadn't watched them all yet!

Just watched Beyond Aquila Rift and The Secret War. That's a lot of fucked up right there; so good though.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#5751 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:17 PM

Oh boy, here we go. First we had a man in a snake proof suit that was supposed to be swallowed whole by a huge ass python. Then we had Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps racing a (very poorly CGI rendered) great white shark. So I guess it's not a stretch to think that this would be the next thing they would draw up in their brainstorming sessions - Man vs Bear.

#5752 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 26 November 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

Started watching the Netflix show RAISING DION and I thought it was going to be quite a cheesy, twee thing but it's actually quite a meaningful and deep show with lots of heart and humour that promises to get pretty epic. The two main characters are excellent and the way they're developing the child and his powers is engaging. Will definitely keep watching.

So we finished this today and oh my goodness I wasn't expecting how actually brilliant it is. It is very powerful and wonderfully written/cast. It feels like a truly original superhero show. Please someone else watch this because I want to see what you think!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5753 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:48 AM

Oh no, is Ootrid goings to betray Are Alfy? Sacre bleu!
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#5754 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:50 AM

I did not know this existed! The Good Place did some short webisodes about how Shawn and the other demons did their "selection" in Season 4. About 20 minutes total over a trailer and 6 webisodes.

:w00t:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 02 December 2019 - 10:06 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5755 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

Ok, last night's episode of Watchmen. Goodness gracious the insanity was mesmerizing. The crazy was coming from all directions.

#5756 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 03 December 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

I really need to make some time so I can finally start watching His Dark Materials and posting in the proper thread! Maybe one day this week.

You really should. It is well worth the time - great adaptation so far.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#5757 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

Finally got caught up with this last season of Power up to the midseason finale. Damn, they're going GoT level sorrow with killing so many main characters off. I guess it's not all that edgy though, this being the final season. Also, that midseason cliffhanger is not very original, and I don't think most viewers are fooled by it. It's been quite the roller coaster of a final season though, so definitely going to finish it up. Tommy is out of his mind violent when he flips that switch. I can only see that being more so now.

#5758 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

Just finished JACK RYAN S2.
Entertaining enough. There were large chunks that were utterly hamhanded or made no sense at all if i spent any time thinking about it.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5759 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:06 PM

Another best of the decade list.

50 Best TV Shows of the 2010s

On the list are Halt and Catch Fire and Rectify. I don't recall either of these show being discussed on the forum. If they come to your favorite streaming service, they are very much worth checking out, they are excellent.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 06 December 2019 - 08:08 PM

#5760 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:31 PM

I have to say, tho i've been out of the CW's Arrowverse for more or less two years...

i am PSYCHED.

AS FUCK.

...for CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.

Spoiler

...and these are just a couple of the well known things about this....

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users