• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#4081 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Please tell me all of you Bachelor-heads have watched Burning Love. This is what I always picture when you start going of about whichever one you're actually watching.

Burning Love Trailer

Edit: added trailer link

This post has been edited by JPK: 08 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

#4082 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostAbyss, on 08 February 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

View Postamphibian, on 08 February 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 06 February 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

BOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAA KAAA SHAAAAAA!!!!

Ed: Rose ceremony went about like I expected it to. Chelsea and Jenna(uhm I don't even remember this girl from past eps honestly) gone. Krystal GONE on two on one. Called it! Really thought I was gonna be wrong for a bit there. Phew!!!

Still feel the top 3 will be Behka, Kendall and Tia with (after tonight Jacqueline) being the 4th hometown. I don't see Seine or Becca(again after tonight) getting to that point. I'd be very happy if Seine makes it though. No way Lauren gets past next week.

I REALLY want to know what Arie said to Kendall when he pulled her away right before the rose was handed out on two on one...

Lauren is going to get to the final two and we are going to have no clue why. She's a blank.

Jenna would be great for follow up shows. She's fun and seems to have a great goofy wavelength that gets along well with others.

Et tu, Amphi?

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4083 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Slightly drunk and rewatching BoJack Horseman. It is the best tv show.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4084 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 09 February 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

Slightly drunk and rewatching BoJack Horseman. It is the best tv show.

I love this show, but sweet baby jeebas it gets DARK. It's one of the two best depictions of mental health issues I've seen. The other is Wilfred.

#4085 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:24 AM

List of renewed and cancelled shows. Any surprises?

https://editorial.ro...hows-2017-2018/
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4086 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

A little surprised that Lady Dynamite got canceled, but it's pretty niche I guess.
More surprised that Difficult People got canceled since HULU originals are a wasteland aside from Handmaid's Tale and this show did everything right and couldn't have been pricey to make.
Most surprised that One Mississippi got canceled since it's excellent, it got a lot of buzz last year due to reigniting the focus on Louis CK's assaults, and Tig Notaro is pretty universally liked.

The one thing I'm surprised got renewed is Santa Clarita Diet, the only show that rivals Westworld in embarrassingly awful writing and performances from people who should know better.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4087 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

Since a certain cheeto got elected to high political office, I refuse to be surprised anymore of the depths of American tastes. But I really shouldn't comment on Santa Clarita diet, as I saw the premise and went "No, thanks".

I guess some on here will be happy at the execution of the Shannara Chronicles. Probably less enthused over Dark Matter and Orphan Black (the list didn't say if it had naturally finished it's run) meeting the same fate. I haven't watched either, so I can't say.

Dirk Gently was cancelled though - has anyone here watched that? I tried to read the book not long after it came out and it was too confusing for me back then. Probably still too confusing for me. I'm not a smart man, Jenny.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 11 February 2018 - 07:03 AM

#4088 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Any you guys watch Counterpart? I finally got around to watching the first episode and found it really intriguing. The missing detail about the flower vase at the nurse's station could be seen coming from a mile away though. In any event, I really enjoyed the first episode. I think I may be on board for this series (at least the next few episodes as long as they keep up the same intrigue and quality).

#4089 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Watching 'The end of the f*ing world'. Awesome series.

It’s sort of the Wonder Years meets Dexter....

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 11 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4090 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

View PostGorefest, on 11 February 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

Good to know. It pops up every time i turn on Netflix, but i wasnt sure about it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#4091 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 11 February 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 11 February 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

Good to know. It pops up every time i turn on Netflix, but i wasnt sure about it.

Yeah, I'd heard that was good too. Going to check it out.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4092 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

For any of you peeps out there in Ireland and the UK, a TV series i had the pleasure of working on (lowly production assistanty stuff) is now showing on RTE (Ireland) and BBC 1. It's called THE YOUNG OFFENDERS, and its a 30 min comedy show based in Cork City, Ireland. The language is a bit crude at times (ok, most of the time) but it seems to be very well received so far. In fact, the BBC have already commissioned a 2nd season. Episode 1 of 6 went out last week, so you can catch it on the various iplayer type things.

If you saw the movie last year then you know what to expect. But if you haven't seen the movie, fear not, as the series is more of a reboot than a direct sequel.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#4093 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:56 AM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 12 February 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

For any of you peeps out there in Ireland and the UK, a TV series i had the pleasure of working on (lowly production assistanty stuff) is now showing on RTE (Ireland) and BBC 1. It's called THE YOUNG OFFENDERS, and its a 30 min comedy show based in Cork City, Ireland. The language is a bit crude at times (ok, most of the time) but it seems to be very well received so far. In fact, the BBC have already commissioned a 2nd season. Episode 1 of 6 went out last week, so you can catch it on the various iplayer type things.

If you saw the movie last year then you know what to expect. But if you haven't seen the movie, fear not, as the series is more of a reboot than a direct sequel.

I was wondering what this was in relation to the film, I thought the film was pretty good, will check this out.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#4094 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

View PostBriar King, on 12 February 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

I'm in a predicament people. Please help me decide. It's my fix night and I want it BAD but the Winter Fucking Olympics are happening at the same time. I'm being torn apart. Just a bit over an hr and 10 minutes remaining before I have to make the call.

Help

No.
Suffer.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4095 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

An intervention is required!

#4096 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

View PostCause, on 13 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Re-education is required!

FTFY

#4097 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

I'm watching season 2 of The Magicians on Netflix. Holy F-Bombs, Batman! Margo and Penny are awesome, I kinda wish they would just kill Quentin off and give us the adventures of Penny and his cursed hands.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#4098 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 13 February 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 13 February 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Lobotomy and sterilization is required!

FTFY

FTFTFY
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4099 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

Can't we just ban BK until that show is over?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4100 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

View PostThe Swampfather, on 13 February 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Update: Seine is out on the one on one. Not surprised but a bit sad. I liked her. Screen wise she had more of a connection with Arie then Lauren. Blah.

So two spots left for hometown with Bekah M, Tia and Kendall remaining which will be a group date.

I'm so nervous!!!!

Ed: oh shit Tia... you didn't just do that did you??!! The claws came out and you threw Bekah under the bus. Still to see if she gets run over by it now or not.

Ed: KENDALL IS IN!!! I have tv paused so I can type! It's now down to Bekah and Tia. Heart is beating out of my chest right now!!!!!!

Ed: Bekah is out. ^_^

I know what most of those words mean, but...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 390 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users