• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#4041 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Been re-watching YOUNG JUSTICE Season 1 & 2 on Netflix (in preparation for Season 3 later this year, on the DC streaming service)...and I forgot just how AMAZINGLY good this show is. Probably my favourite a animated thing that DC has produced. It's better than all their straight to digital movies. It's on a level for storytelling with Star Wars Clone Wars.

If you're a DC fan and haven't watched this show yet, get on it. You won't be sorry.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4042 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 January 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Been re-watching YOUNG JUSTICE Season 1 & 2 on Netflix (in preparation for Season 3 later this year, on the DC streaming service)...and I forgot just how AMAZINGLY good this show is. Probably my favourite a animated thing that DC has produced. It's better than all their straight to digital movies. It's on a level for storytelling with Star Wars Clone Wars.

If you're a DC fan and haven't watched this show yet, get on it. You won't be sorry.

Was a fan, will likely subscribe to the DC stream just for this. The show was way WAY more complex/intense than might be expected for what it was, surprisingly moreso than most of the JL/JLU series.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4043 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

View PostAbyss, on 31 January 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 January 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Was a fan, will likely subscribe to the DC stream just for this. The show was way WAY more complex/intense than might be expected for what it was, surprisingly moreso than most of the JL/JLU series.

Agreed. YOUNG JUSTICE Season 3 is worth the price of admission for me for DC streaming (26 eps too!)....but getting the live action TITANS show to boot? Cream.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4044 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostBriar King, on 01 February 2018 - 03:45 AM, said:

Oh man now this was tough to watch and made even more powerful by the previous episode... DS9 S6 Ep 26
Spoiler

S'funny, I always thought that death was random and poorly executed (pun intended).

I mean, sure, actor had other things to do, wanted out, ok, fine, but I felt like given the history, it should have been a bigger event than it was, especially in the context of the bigger war storyline going on at the time.

#4045 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

Wow this will either be cool...or bad...but it looks cool.

#4046 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

View PostBriar King, on 30 January 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

Ah man! Bye bye Marikh. I been seeing that coming for 3 weeks now :( not to worried about seeing the last of her though. I think she will be invited to Paradise easy. Some of these girls are really surprising me esp Behka K. A lot of the older girls are riding her because she is the youngest at 22 but dammit she is mature and smart and has a whip of a mouth on her. She laid into the villain Krystal’s pouting childish drama tonight. Kendal is a dark horse that really stepped up her game tonight. Her 100 questions book was great fun though they only aired 1 of them. Tia really stood out tonight. Southern Bell from Arkansas that has that twang. Plus she’s got her PhD which I think was new info tonight. Atleast I didn’t remember it before tonight.

Very solid episode tonight!

I’m now a day closer to Bachelor Winter Games so I’m PUMPED!!!

Marikh has very little camera-noticed personality.

My pick for sleeper surprise is Jacqueline, who seems really fun despite being very quiet in group settings.

I did some digging on Chelsea's story about her ex because something seemed off. The ex may have gotten abusive and things are not good between the two of them even with the ex being remarried. There's a lot of public court documents Bachelor super fans found online. Messy stuff.

Also found out Maquel was married for five months in 2016. She's 23 now, so I would think the same age dynamics Bekah M deals with should apply to Maquel too.

Krystal talks like someone who has been through a ton of therapy and needs a ton more. She's bad news in terms of how quickly she will turn on someone and the special voice she uses to infantilize herself to Arie drives my spouse batty.

If not a winner, I hope Kendall gets Bachelorette next year. She'd be good TV. Tia too.

My picks for the three best are Becca K, Tia, and Kendall. Lauren B is a bit bland thus far and Jacqueline might not be as attractive physically as them, but I like her a bunch too.

Jenna is a ton of fun to be around and watch, but I think she isn't aiming for marriage with Arie. Seine seems very well put together, but I haven't seen much of a personality in the group events that we've seen her in.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4047 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:06 AM

If I were thinking about a serious relationship with a 22 year old nanny, I would ask if she's a live in or if she has her own place. That makes a difference to me in terms of stability and "knows what she wants and has a life".

Arie is keeping/rewarding the women who make him feel anything, even if it's not great stuff. I kind of get that, but oh geez, I would not be taking anyone to meet my family on the first date in that kind of situation. He picked the worst one to do it with too.

#4048 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Watched the first episode of BOB'S BURGERS and laughed my ass off. Never watched the show before, had only heard about it. But man, I'm excited to watch the rest now!

#4049 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 February 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Watched the first episode of BOB'S BURGERS and laughed my ass off. Never watched the show before, had only heard about it. But man, I'm excited to watch the rest now!

It gets a lot better after season 1 and then stays consistently excellent. And that's not a knock on season 1. It's one of the best depictions of kids on tv, and then more generally of a working class family.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4050 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

Weird stuff for you Bachelor peeps: https://www.avclub.c...-the-1822666139

#4051 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

View Postworry, on 02 February 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 02 February 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

It gets a lot better after season 1 and then stays consistently excellent. And that's not a knock on season 1. It's one of the best depictions of kids on tv, and then more generally of a working class family.

The kids on this show are so kid-like. It's outstanding and appeals equally to ages 0-1000.

I also love how one of the main themes throughout the show is just unfettered compassion, understanding, and acceptance of others.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 03 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

#4052 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

That’s going to be my new show to watch when the fams not around.

Wife and I are trying to decide on a new show to start tonight. Either Dark or Twin Peaks (nope, never seen it).

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 03 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#4053 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

View PostBriar King, on 02 February 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Take that Abyss.

I can’t hear you over the sound of your brain melting.

#4054 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

Ole lady made the call. Twin Peaks it is.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#4055 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

View Postworry, on 02 February 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

Weird stuff for you Bachelor peeps: https://www.avclub.c...-the-1822666139

This is hilarious.

#4056 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Yah! From a different article, there's more:

In the end, it seems as though this may have simply been a miscommunication between Bekah and her mother as to how restrictive, exactly, the no-phone policy is on "The Bachelor." On Twitter , Bekah quoted a link to the Journal's story, saying, " MOM. how many times do I have to tell you I don't get cell service on The Bachelor??"

Re: Twin Peaks, as BK knows, I love it. It does lose a little steam halfway through season 2 of the original run, but it ends strong...and the movie and revival are both amazing. It's worth noting that the show is in part a tweak of soap operas, so there are moments of high melodrama and goofery for sure.

Re: my own TV habits recently, I've been marathoning the One Day At A Time reboot on Netflix. It's soooo good. I like Norman Lear's earlier 70s shows, but this one just kinda floated around my periphery in reruns that I never watched. The new one is great, and the cast is seriously full of ringers (Rita Moreno, Justina Machado, Stephen Tobolowsky). It doesn't reinvent the wheel in terms of multi-cam sitcoms, it just does everything right.

#4057 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

Altered Carbon is the cyberpunk TV show I've been waiting for all my life.

#4058 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 04 February 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Altered Carbon is the cyberpunk TV show I've been waiting for all my life.

This is good to hear!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#4059 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

View Postworry, on 04 February 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

In the end, it seems as though this may have simply been a miscommunication between Bekah and her mother as to how restrictive, exactly, the no-phone policy is on "The Bachelor." On Twitter , Bekah quoted a link to the Journal's story, saying, " MOM. how many times do I have to tell you I don't get cell service on The Bachelor??"

Who goes to spend a week weed farming after the bachelor?

#4060 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

View Postamphibian, on 04 February 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 04 February 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

Who goes to spend a week weed farming after the bachelor?

Everyone who didn't get a come-back contract for something else.

Minus the farming part.

Share this topic:

• 390 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users