• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#29981 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 September 2023 - 05:38 PM

It's not the mouse you see that you should be worried about. It's the other two (hundred) you didn't even know were there. Because mice are pack hunters... you see, they use coordinated attack patterns, and they are out in force today.

(just assume i'm gesturing in a semi threatening way with a mouse skeleton while i say this)
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29982 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 September 2023 - 06:52 PM

View PostAbyss, on 06 September 2023 - 05:38 PM, said:

It's not the mouse you see that you should be worried about. It's the other two (hundred) you didn't even know were there. Because mice are pack hunters... you see, they use coordinated attack patterns, and they are out in force today.

(just assume i'm gesturing in a semi threatening way with a mouse skeleton while i say this)

No doubt there will be so much mouse shit in my apartment by tomorrow that it will be just like Burning Man was... like walking through deep mud (whether or not it's toxic enough to be hallucinatory... but if it is, perhaps I'll see my cat?).

But if they die in my apartment and the flesh gets eaten by insects at least I'll get an army of free mouse skeletons out of it....

#29983 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 10 September 2023 - 09:16 AM

Earthquakes in Turkiyye and now Morocco.
Russian war against Ukraine.
China continuing to be a bunch of ****s even as their economy tanks.
Famine.
Covid is still around and producing shittier and shittier sequels.
Trump is somehow the frontrunner for the next election and isn't in jail yet. I swear the USA needs to have the right to vote taken from them, because it's blitheringly obvious they're doing the worst they possibly can with it. Then again, if they do put the GOP in again, they'll probably quit doing it incrementally and just go straight to Gilead so the right to vote will be the least of their problems.
Fires pretty much ... everywhere in the northern hemisphere, and our last 3 years of excess La Nina rainfall is going to fuck us as we go into a dry and hot El Nino summer with 3 years of plant growth since our last set of fires in 2019-20. I recall it used to be we'd have a few years of stability between droughts, with the occasional floods once or twice in a generation, but now it just seems like all we do is go from fire to flood to fire again. :(
The rich get richer and the rest of us get the picture.
Opioids.

Feel free to add to this list. :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 10 September 2023 - 09:17 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29984 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 September 2023 - 10:21 AM

The G20s complete and utter lack of balls to call Russia on the war

#29985 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 10 September 2023 - 12:01 PM

The G-20 hasn't been all bad though, what with the US and the EU allying with superfriends Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Modi's Hindu Nationalists against those murderous authoritarian ideologues over in China... oh wait. Well at least we're allying with the religious extremists rather than the Communists! Then once the Communists and other secularists are all defeated the religious extremists can go back to focusing on murdering each other until all the world is united in the worship of one Truth (Social).... #Unity!

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 10 September 2023 - 12:18 PM

#29986 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 September 2023 - 01:26 PM

I've got this pal who is addicted to the Hokey Pokey and it's really disrupting his life. Hurting his job, his marriage, his relationship with his kids. We're all trying to be supportive. And the thing is, he's really trying, but he just can't seem to turn himself around.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29987 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 September 2023 - 08:40 PM

This is why I love Worry the most.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29988 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 11 September 2023 - 04:58 AM

but sometimes you just wanna shake him all about.

#29989 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 11 September 2023 - 09:54 PM

I feel like I just got dumped by a girl before we even had our first date. I am so confused.

We matched on Hinge about 3 days ago and in that time we discovered we like the same movies, food and a fondness for history. It really did seem to be going well and very quickly. I was almost worried about little jokes she made such as 'before I fall too hard I need to make sure your okay with my cat' and 'dammit, I guess if you have a greencard already this wont be a quick courtship' but for the most part was just happy she seemed excited. Before I could ask her to drinks she beat me to it because I was waiting for it to be a bit later in the morning before I messaged her. That was 7 am this morning. We traded quite a few more messages since than. Abruptly at 4 PM she messages me to say she would have to cancel our date Wednesday because she has been talking another guy and she would feel icky about dating us both.

It came as a complete shock and out of nowhere. Don't know if this other guy is real or if she matched with him last month or today but this was such a 180. Unless its someone she has been seeing for a while seems an odd play. First dates are hardly exclusive. For all I know it would have been a disaster but it just feels so strange to have lost the oppurtunity to find out rather than at least have the date and maybe find out there never was going to be one.

#29990 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 11 September 2023 - 11:07 PM

My past experiences with people who have Borderline Personality Disorder or something along those lines have me going slower in dating - especially when people seemingly match up on tons of things in the beginning. Sometimes people are telling the truth and sometimes they're not because something unknown to me or you is driving them to say or do things that they normally wouldn't.

In my experience, sometimes people purposely whiplash others to see who will stick around for more whiplashing. It's gross, but it happens.

I don't have time for the whiplash and I am actually ending something with a Deaf lady who drove 3 hours to see me because she tried to play a joke of "No, I didn't come" 5 minutes before I showed up, then followed it a couple hours later with "this bruise I told you I fell down the stairs is actually from another guy spanking me".

I get edgy humor, but the first date? Nah and something strange is up with the seeing if I react to these cruddy jokes thing.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 11 September 2023 - 11:07 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#29991 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:11 AM

Oof - she didn't like me ending it and is promising to go on a social media rampage to warn people about me. Warn people that I took her out on a date she liked and didn't like her jokes about putting me down...

Next time, I probably need to walk away immediately when a joke like that happens with no connection/context.

I wished her well and whatever tempest in a teapot results, I hope she feels good at the end.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 12 September 2023 - 12:30 AM

#29992 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 September 2023 - 04:40 AM

She sent me actual blackmail threats asking for money or she goes onto social media. I'm reporting to the police.

I need to work on my "this is a flaming mess" radar.

Damn.

#29993 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 September 2023 - 09:11 AM

Good lord!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#29994 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 September 2023 - 09:20 AM

Wow that got crazy pretty quickly. Hope it doesn't escalate again but be aware it might, Amph. People like that can get scary obsessive pretty quickly. I've had to deal with a few in my former job.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#29995 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:43 PM

Wonder if she could have just been pretending to be deaf....

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 12 September 2023 - 12:43 PM

#29996 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 September 2023 - 02:07 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 12 September 2023 - 12:43 PM, said:

Wonder if she could have just been pretending to be deaf....

She is fully Deaf - both in hearing loss and culturally to a degree that it's easy to recognize.

Her bejng someone who cannot handle rejection and move on healthily has nothing to do with her sensory disability. Oof.

"We can resolve this in a civil manner and you can pay me back for the hotel and gas or I can be honest and share screenshots." - is not a Deaf or fake Deaf driven thing.

I am hoping the police make her realize this is reckless behavior not to be repeated.

#29997 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 September 2023 - 05:28 PM

#that escalated quickly meme
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#29998 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 12 September 2023 - 08:27 PM

SooOOOOooooo....

Boy meets girl on dating app.
Girl agrees to travel 3hrs and pay for a hotel so boy and girl can go on a date.
Date goes poorly for boy.
Boy tells girl he does not want to see her again.
Girl tells boy he owes her gas and hotel money or else she'll slam him on social media.

...Amphi, i have questions:
how long were you chatting before the date?
what did you do on the date?
were there any clues she could go from zero to cocopuffs in under five seconds?

#29999 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 12 September 2023 - 10:39 PM

We were talking for about 9 days before.

Date went great - we initially were going out to dinner, a torrential rainstorm put that to an end, we stayed in the room, split a bottle of wine, talked, then had fun that I stopped before we got to home base. Next day I had to do a few classes for continuing education, so we met at the farmer's market near the hotel and had a good time, then over to a board game cafe to talk and play some more. Then we went out separate ways.

I pieced together a few things that made me think I should have seen this earlier - a consistent joking streak of "I (she) am funnier than you (me)", "I am better than you at this", kinda fixating on my half Nepali ethnic background and how I don't look full white, telling me she decided not to come to my town five minutes before I was due at the hotel, that everyone she talks to only wants to have sex once and then leave (even if true, not a great thing to say on a date and people don't usually leave in big numbers like that unless there's reasons), very few long term friends (1), and most importantly, coming in erratically intense on future life together during this feeling out stage.

I thought she would be able to redirect and not go this intense in the breakup. But it's something I can deal with, especially since she doesn't live in the same area I do.

#30000 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 13 September 2023 - 12:49 AM

That sucks Amp but it sounds like you are looking at things the right way. She sounds like a jerk. And you can definitely do better.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

Share this topic:

• 1522 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users