• 42 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm Spinning The Wheel of Time **Spoilers** Dare you tread The Path of Spoilers

#41 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:18 AM

For me, the biggest problem I've had is the drawn out plots...forever...

Spoiler

#42 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:27 AM

Xander...you write, right? Well, if you do, you know much of a pain in the ass it can be to tie up inconsistencies... I imagine it's particularly troublesome with thousands of pages of already published text. But he should have had it worked out in advance. It's the same reason I worry about GRRM...he says he lets the characters tell the story.

SE's got a plan and he's sticking to it, I think.

#43 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:28 AM

Slumgullion Spitteler;283796 said:

Xander...you write, right? Well, if you do, you know much of a pain in the ass it can be to tie up inconsistencies... I imagine it's particularly troublesome with thousands of pages of already published text. But he should have had it worked out in advance. It's the same reason I worry about GRRM...he says he lets the characters tell the story.

SE's got a plan and he's sticking to it, I think.

No I understand, but I'm just saying it was a bit excessive. I worry about GRRM as well, I think aDwD will answer our questions...I hope. SE has plotted his story out from the beginning, obviously.

#44 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:21 AM

Adding to the above...it's probably why GRRM's taking so long. It's got to be a bitch to keep track of all those characters. No wonder he needed to build an addition...he's got to keep his storyboards somewhere.

I'm betting 'Dance' is of superb quality...just my guess.

#45 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:23 PM

Xander;283680 said:

Perrin is much cooler when he lets the wolf side take over.

Spoiler

The Golden Crane Flies For Tarmon Gai'don! :folken:

One of my favorite parts of the book as well.

#46 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

acesn8s;283948 said:

The Golden Crane Flies For Tarmon Gai'don! :folken:One of my favorite parts of the book as well.

Agreed. Could have used about three chapters more of it.

- Abyss, always knew Nyneave had it in her if she would just bloody stop tugging her arms and crossing her braid all the time...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#47 User is offline   paladin 

• House Knight

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

Abyss;284000 said:

- Abyss, always knew Nyneave had it in her if she would just bloody stop tugging her arms and crossing her braid all the time...

She also needs to stop washing her shift and changing her face.

#48 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

paladin;284008 said:

She also needs to stop washing her shift and changing her face.

No, she needs to keep washing her shift, it just dosen't need to be written about.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#49 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

I think rand needs to stop whining and start boning

#50 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

I'd love to see Graendal exposed... she's essentially been making naked royals do acrobatics the past few books... I'd also love to see why that nobleman Ituralde is important enough to get a POV in the prologue of COT... I'd want the #@&^%$# Aes Sedai to get their act together and attack the Black Tower already. Lets have mass pawnage until the number of One Power users are down to manageable numbers like they were until the third book.

Sigh... many more items on the wishlist, and I hope Brian Sanderson is on the same page
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#51 User is offline   Kalahinen 

• Sotijalo

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

Skywalker;284017 said:

I'd also love to see why that nobleman Ituralde is important enough to get a POV in the prologue of COT...

Wasn't Rodel Ituralde considered one of the greatest military commanders alive? Haven't read COT, so just a suggestion.

#52 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Pedant.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yes, I believe he is considered one of the best...

The thing is, he and his army are seen basically mucking around Arad Doman being way too smart to figure out what they are up to. It is extremely frustrating to see them go from battle to battle without a clue on how these battles fit in to the big picture
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#53 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

Skywalker;284131 said:

Yes, I believe he is considered one of the best...

The thing is, he and his army are seen basically mucking around Arad Doman being way too smart to figure out what they are up to. It is extremely frustrating to see them go from battle to battle without a clue on how these battles fit in to the big picture

The Fox is mentioned as being on par with Gareth Byrne, Agelmar Jagad, and Pedron Niall.

#54 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

Yes, Rodel is considered one of the "5 Great Captains". He's often underestimated because of his height...which seems to be a little too heavily played upon in the series. We get it RJ! Height matters, sheesh.

#55 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

The idea is that Ituralde is planning to destroy the Seanchan armies without any channellers on his side to take care of the damane, which is pretty ambitious. He makes a good start in KoD when he has his archers massacre the damane before they can channel, which was unexpectedly ruthless (the sort of thing Rand wouldn't do, for example). I think the idea was to enrage the Seanchan into hurtling northwards into a trap. I guess this will form a vital part of the start of Book 12.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#56 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

This pisses me off, one book will not be enough to tie up these loose ends.

Spoiler

#57 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, there's not enough time/room for everything. RJ's fault for procrastinating for so long. Somebody already mentioned above:

Spoiler

Don't fuck with the Culture.

#58 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:10 AM

Couldn't agree more Yellow. All the women parts are waaaaaay too drawn out. It's like he's going way out of his way to make women important.

#59 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

I think the series downturn after six is a great arguement for never working with your spouse.

#60 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

@Abyss - Why not. She's widow now. She can legaly re-marry
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

Share this topic:

• 42 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic