• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan BBQ Revisited

#81 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

Ah, but the drunker you are, the more prone you'll be to Brood's advances.

#82 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

Nah, they have more self-restraint than you.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#83 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

caladanbrood;281120 said:

Nah, they have more self-restraint than you.

Plus, Brood isn't my type, I like my men how I like my coffee - strong and black.
I AM A TWAT

#84 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

Reminds me of how I like my women how I like my coffee - ground up in bags.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#85 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

I like mine Nescafe.

#86 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:23 PM

Morgoth;271087 said:

Well, I fixed good whisky the last time, but only me and the poor irish lad had any. You're now in charge of supplying us with cigars. A cohiba would be nice, or a Rome Y Julietta, either way I am pleased :(

@Hetan - Just remember how much alcohol went in one evning last time I visited :p

Morgoth's whisky was mighty fine.

Hetan & Mal; I'd love to join you again this year and meet some new (and old) faces. Last year rocked (well my head did anyway). Must try to remember not to sit up the night before until 4am drinking cider and listening to Napalm Death at volume 10. Hopefully see you all in July.

Rich, it's your turn to bring the gin.

#87 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

Which is the closest train station to the house Hetan? Im scoping out train tickets, Id say Im 99.9% definite now, so barring a sudden attack of syphillis (which would render me useless to Brood), count me in!

I can catch a train to Cambridge straight from Finsbury Park which is very useful and pretty quick (about an hour), but what from there?

:angel: *waits patiently and angelically*

#88 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thelomen Toblerone;284402 said:

Which is the closest train station to the house Hetan? Im scoping out train tickets, Id say Im 99.9% definite now, so barring a sudden attack of syphillis (which would render me useless to Brood), count me in!

I can catch a train to Cambridge straight from Finsbury Park which is very useful and pretty quick (about an hour), but what from there?

:angel: *waits patiently and angelically*

Hello Tobes

If you wish we could co-ordinate and share a taxi from Cambridge to la casa Hetan/Mal as I (and maybe my missus) will be getting a train through to Cambridge from Baldock. Last year Hetan kindly picked us up from Cambridge however we did get a taxi back to Cambridge that evening which cost about £10 so we'd be happy to share a taxi with you and a.n.other if you would like as I think this year Hetan should relax and enjoy the entire day. Let me know what you think.

#89 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

That is a good plan, I too will be arriving by train at some point. I would happily share the taxi, if me and Greg can put up with each other to co-ordinate ourselves well enough to arrive at vaguely the same time in Cambridge station. If I have his assurances of not trying to rob/knife me. The dirty chav.

#90 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

They call it "knifing" now do they? Yoof these days :p

Having had a few recent journeys giving people lifts in my car, I suggest a limit of two passangers, for optimum comfort, by the way...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#91 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

Rich the Great;284847 said:

That is a good plan, I too will be arriving by train at some point. I would happily share the taxi, if me and Greg can put up with each other to co-ordinate ourselves well enough to arrive at vaguely the same time in Cambridge station. If I have his assurances of not trying to rob/knife me. The dirty chav.

I give you assurances while m sober. Beyond that, my innate desire for Argos bling may overwhelm me and force me to rob and feed my habit. What sort of time you reckon's a good arriving time? Only takes me an hour and the trains are pretty frequent, evevery half hour or so I think, so anytimes good for me. Im guessin that as a dirty northerner your time options will be more limited (working around dole collections, perhaps?) :p :p

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

We don't mind what time people arrive - as long as they leave at some point on Sunday :p

Of course we might need a hand with things on the morning - testing the temperature and quality of the beer is a thing that has to be undertaken regularly and vigorously - or so I am given to understand by Mal :p

Thanks Paleman for the kind thought. I did get a bit weary of being in the car seat all afternoon last year. :p

#93 User is offline   Rich the Great 

• First Sword

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

Takes me something like three and a half, maybe four hours to get to Cambridge. Could get a train at around 10 and be in Cambridge for half 1ish? This is assuming I can wake up in time to get a train at 10.

Oh, and I'm not northern, I've been informed I'm midlands, but the stuff around the dole collections is true.

#94 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

North of St Albans = the grim, frozen, barren, unemployment filled wastelands of the North. :D

Yeah, lunchtime meet at the station sounds good- if we aim for 1pm or something I dont have to get up til 11, which I like.

As for the BBQ, should I bring food, alcohol, or a cunning combination of the two? Chocolate liquers, perhaps? Maybe a few homemade moranth munitions? :D

#95 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Have pencilled it in to the diary but can't make a final call just yet - the summer diary already looking hectic but will be good to revisit Hetan and Mal again, as well as catching up Illy, Paleman etc - since last year have visited some of the vineyards discussed with Paleman and Sarah includimg a trip to Calitzdorp - and can probably find a few samples in the cellar.... for those that appreciate a better glass of wine

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Thelomen Toblerone;288422 said:

North of St Albans = the grim, frozen, barren, unemployment filled wastelands of the North. :D

Yeah, lunchtime meet at the station sounds good- if we aim for 1pm or something I dont have to get up til 11, which I like.

As for the BBQ, should I bring food, alcohol, or a cunning combination of the two? Chocolate liquers, perhaps? Maybe a few homemade moranth munitions? :p

Surprise us :D

Be good to see you again Fid, if you get the chance. :D

#97 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

Is it open to new people as well? I am a student so probably don't have the money, but otherwise it could be awesome

#98 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:22 AM

I'll be in Enfield around then...couldn't you guys arrange these while I'm still at uni, it would be so much more convenient! ;)

Still, it's not very far on the train, so there's a fairly good chance I'll show. What with the Cambridge signing and all, I'll be getting used to travelling back and forth!

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#99 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

Enfield! Thats where I live during non-term time!

What are you planning to do in that shithole? No offence.;) To be fair, it's much better than Edmonton, so I should be pleased with my new abode, but there you are.:D

#100 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:35 AM

I'm doing an internship with a company called Data Connection, who are based there. It's a fair distance from High Wycombe, which has been my standard non-uni base for the last 9 months or so, but as part of the internship they offer accomodation in the company house. Seeing as I have acquired a problem with early mornings since coming to uni, it seemed like a good choice to take them up on it ;).

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users