• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reaper's Gale Prologue

#181 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

Oh Crap I Screwed Up again :D

Sorry about that Tiam, I honestly meant to have had that Not in their in the original post. I just dont type as fast as I think and have a bad habit of not checking my posts a lot of the time.

Apologies for that..
And I am far from perfect...:p

#182 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

Lol dont worry about it :D :p .

It wont let me rep you again after the help you gave me finding another fantasy series

#183 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:10 PM

?They will forge alliances,? she said. ?They will all war against us.?
Anomandaris shrugged. ?I have nothing better to do today.?

lol, Rake seems to have some cool quotes.

#184 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

Ofcourse your not at all biased to Rakes quotes :D

#185 User is offline   fortyseven 

• Fist

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:39 AM

Jorram;110895 said:

3) Why is the red masked guy ranting against the Letherii conquerors as though the following Edur conquest never happened? There is mention of Letherii forces (having just slaughtered the red-hairs army) but none of the Edur's empire. I dub it highly implausible to assume that two years after the conquest there are still Letherii troops on their own. So RedMask's lack of comments regarding the Edur strikes me as somewhat odd, to say the least.

It's 2 years BEFORE the conquest.

#186 User is offline   Lister of Smeg 

• King of High House Smeg

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:22 AM

Actually, we see Redmask two years AFTER the conquest. The canoes are discovered two years before.
Avoid being seen as racist by saying, "I'm not a racist, but ..." prior to making a racist comment.

#187 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

Yeh that Preda with the merchant finds the half million canoe remnants and red mask (who could be beak Pallors new favorite) from Awl is after the Edur invasion. Whic makes me think that the Edur havent got as much control over some of the Letherii provinces. Also apparently the Edur are fighting the closer rival kingdom (kolanse Bolkando i think there called.)

#188 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:06 AM

What a prologue! Took a while reading all the comments, but worth it for the non-repetitions. Kilimandaros definitely seem to be Mother of the FA. The Rake/Osric discrepancy from MT is definitely there - should be interesting to see how SE deals with that. Gothos does seem seriously bad a$$ in this. As for the canoes, the best guess would be that they were "barghast", but the other possibility would be that they were another clan of Imass. If they were T'lan, then that would explain how there was no trace of them. The red scaled mask automatically indicated to me something draconean, but that's speculation. Redmask doesn't seem to know about the Tiste Edur rise to power (his reference to revenging Letherii). The slaughtereed army is most likely the Grey Swords (they did have a lot of female recruits, yes?).

It all points to a massive convergence!
"The harder the world, the fiercer the honour" - Dancer

#189 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

Hmm... the Grey Swords had many female recruits post Capustan, but we don't know if that still was the case after they recruited from the Tenescowri. Still, interesting point. It's not unthinkable that the Grey Swords went to Leth or thereabouts after events in MoI.

We seem to be falling into two camps... everyone agrees that the dead troops in the 2yrs-after bit were Grey Somethings, but we're split on whether the canoe army was
a) the same Grey Somethings; or
:D a completely different force, possibly Bhargast.

- Abyss, in category (a) so far.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#190 User is offline   Coldnight 

• Corporal

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

According to the timeline (at this point I believe it's perfectly correct), threre's no no chance for the canoes to be of Grey Anythings. Could be Barghast. For sure not T'lan Imass (no need for canoes).

And somehow (dunno why) I doubt that T&F would like both of their armies in the same place. This leaves as with Grey Helms only, who were heading to Leth anyway.

#191 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:46 AM

Convergence! They will ALL appear at this one (according to Spite). As for the Imass, didn't that Lanas Tog (?) in MoI travel on the Mekros City? Might be easier for them. Or they might be remnants of the Imass that missed the rituals.

#192 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:52 AM

Okay, so maybe a bit of a crazy theory... But let's say the army of dead people with the wolf head insignia are Grey Somethings avowed to Togg and Fanderay, but they landed on this island for whatever reason and were slaughtered. The entire company. Because this army of Togg and Fanderay's has died, there is now an opening for a new army to be anointed to them. Thus, the Grey Swords on Genabackis who have lost Fener in the mortal world and need a (two) new patron god(s) take up the challenge, and so become the new second army of Togg and Fanderay.

Also, if I remember correctly, in MOI, the ascended wolf Togg dies, and this is his way to god-hood, and how he eventually finds Fanderay. (aka When Toc the Younger dies in the embrace of the Matron, then his soul gets placed into the empty shell that is Anaster) Perhaps this has been mirrored in the companies of Grey Somethings slaughter. I could just be making that last part though, I'm kind of hazy on MOI, been a while.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#193 User is offline   Delat 

• Recruit

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

His sword perhaps? Ruin was a two handed fighter, so an a single bladed sword would make sense, harder to chop your own arm off with a single edge

#194 User is offline   Dolorous Menhir 

• God
  • Group: Wiki Contributor

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:31 PM

Delat;115860 said:

His sword perhaps? Ruin was a two handed fighter, so an a single bladed sword would make sense, harder to chop your own arm off with a single edge

I'm fairly sure Ruin had two scabbards, and fought with a small sword in each hand. Or perhaps that's what you mean by two-handed...I'm not sure what your point is. Or how it is relevant to the above discussions.

#195 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

Dolorous Menhir;115868 said:

I'm fairly sure Ruin had two scabbards, and fought with a small sword in each hand. Or perhaps that's what you mean by two-handed...I'm not sure what your point is. Or how it is relevant to the above discussions.

or where it came from... however, Ruin does use two swords... two smaller swords... (I don't know if the term 'shortsword' applies, as SE has had 'knives' long enough to be shortswords.)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#196 User is offline   Paran 

• High Fist

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:04 AM

Togg didn't die - he was freed from this "container" (Toc). I believe the events in MoI ran concurrent to the events in MT, hence it is possible for the company to be the Grey Swords. I figured that since there are Togg and Fanderay(2 gods) they are able to have 2 Mortal Swords, 2 Destraints, 2 Shield Anvils. I'm not sure how they could have more, unless the rules changed.

#197 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:49 AM

I can't make up my mind if i actually want to read this or not. I mean, I DO want to read it, but then there will be less new material to read when the book actually comes out.
Error: Signature not valid

#198 Guest_router_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:20 AM

I've just found something interesting during MT re-read:

Bugg tells Tehol that:
"This subcontinent, the region ranging from Tiste Edur lands to the north, Bluerose and Awl'd'an to the east, and Descent and D'aliban to the south - it is a rather peculiar region, master, and has been since, well, since the earliest times."

I didn't see anyone mention the fact, that Awl'd'an is on the east of Lether in this thread (although it doesn't mean it didn't happen :( ). This fact is important for a couple of reasons. It explains why the Awl'd'an native doesn't mention TE - probably they haven't showed up yet on this part of subcontinent. Secondly, this means, that canoes probably didn't come from west direction (Assail, Genabackis), because they would have landed on the west part of Lether subcontinent. Unless, of course, they travelled around Lether, but I don't see any reasons for that. We don't find any mention of them in MT, so we might speculate further: where did they come from (7 Cities?)? where did they hide (Bluerose?)?

One more thing: it's Awl'd'an in MT and Awl'dan in RG prologue, but I assume it's a typo.

#199 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

Good Point.
I always thought the Awl'dan might have been south of lether on the West coast.

However to quote the map, which is rough guideline.
Posted Image

It would appear that awl'dan is south of Bluerose I think. So likely on the south-east of the Continent. Interestingly enough directly west from Awl'dan is the Quan'tali continent. So there is our logical (?) reasoning I think maybe begind how/why maybe the 14th have ended there.

As to the Canoe's. Well it is entirelly possible that there could be Barghast in the Shal Morzin area. But then those canoes could be anyone. And could still be Genebackin ones too.

#200 User is offline   Coldnight 

• Corporal

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

Paran;115959 said:

Togg didn't die - he was freed from this "container" (Toc). I believe the events in MoI ran concurrent to the events in MT, hence it is possible for the company to be the Grey Swords. I figured that since there are Togg and Fanderay(2 gods) they are able to have 2 Mortal Swords, 2 Destraints, 2 Shield Anvils. I'm not sure how they could have more, unless the rules changed.

I agree in 100%.

According to the timeline it's possible for both T&F's companies to be at this time near Lether. And I don't believe any of this comapies to be slaughtered completly.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users