• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reaper's Gale Prologue

#501 User is offline   Mael 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

Abyss;174657 said:

Letherii killed plenty of those demons during the war, and the ground didn't shake when they walked. Unless something has happened to upgrade them, i doubt it's them.

- Abyss, wants it to be Kell Hunters for no good reason.

Well the Edur only recruited the Kenryll'ah late in the fight. A couple were incinerated by Letherii magic at the battle just outside of Lether by settle lake but that was the only real engagement the Letherii had with them outside of any minor skirmishes in the final taking of Lether which was essentially a route. The previous battles were with the Kenyll'rah demons who were essentially peasants (casters of nets, etc) stolen from their realm by the edur and were much weaker then thier Kenryll'ah overlords.

Givin the trouble they gave the Forkrul Assail, and givin the amount of trouble it took the T'lan Imass to imprision the Forkrul Assail on the other continent, i wouldn't put wiping out a Letherii devision or two past these two characters.

As for the ground thundering and so forth, i chalk it up to the writing. "Karsa's as big as a house", "Karsa is one and a half children tall", etc.

You forget that we are nerds and that we overanalyse EVERYTHING...

#502 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

Yes, but iirc (quote pls someone?) the Letherii were taking out the Kenmajor demons with ballistae. I am aware that the Kenminor demons did most of the intial fighting.

And yes, nerds.

- Abyss, 2.5 apples tall.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#503 User is offline   pat5150 

• Soletaken

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

Ah, you guys will have all your answers soon enough. . . :)

Patrick
For book reviews, author interviews, giveaways, related articles and news, and much more, check out www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com

#504 User is offline   Mael 

• Fist

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

pat5150;174688 said:

Patrick

I HATE YOU!!!!

....please give me a free book

- Abyss, 2.5 apples tall.

- lets azrael outside for a snack

#505 User is offline   Wither 

• Recruit

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:36 AM

Not all kenryl'ah are created equal. In the passage where Uruth contemplates sealing a bargain she says

. In return, we are given more demons for our war, perhaps a minor Kenryll?ah or two, who are far better versed in the arts of battle than their subject Kenyll'rah

And later, outside of Letheras the description of forces seems to indicate these "minor Kenryl'ah" (though I don't recall any dying from anything except high sorcery - are you sure about that ballistae reference, Abyss?)

at least a dozen Kenryll'ah, each leading a score of their peasant subjects

On the other hand, the marrow brothers were given singular reference on a couple of occassions

• A K?risnan,? the Warlock King said, ?and our new demonic allies, the two Kenryll?ah
  • Trull looked over at the Kenryll'ah demon that had spoken. It was
    taller than the Tiste Edur on their horses. A face of sharper features than those on Lilac, black as chiselled basalt, the upper and lower canines protruding and glinting silver. A fur-lined collar, a vest of bronze scales, salt-rimed and dark with patination. A heavy leather belt on which was slung a huge scabbarded tulwar. Leather leggings, grey and supple. The other demon, standing at its side, differed only in the choice of weapons, a massive matlock gripped in two gauntleted hands. (Definitely Karsa-sized or larger.)
  • The emperor strode to Fear and Trull. ?Brothers, have the two Kenryll?ah returned?? (This is *after* the battle at Letheras, when dozens of Kenryll?ah were mentioned -- but Rhulas says "the two" and there is no doubt who he means: teh Demon Princes, not the "minor Kenryll?ah")

Wither - who wants it to not be Kell Hunters for a very good reason . . . everybody else had already come up with that theory and this one is mine. :)

And I am not a nerd. I'm a geek. (membership card and everything)

#506 User is offline   Wither 

• Recruit

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:39 AM

pat5150;174688 said:

Patrick

C'mon, Pat - you can tell me if I'm right. Just whisper it to me. Put one of those spoiler tags around it and tell everyone else not to look. It'll be our little secret . . . :heyhey:

#507 User is offline   Tattooed Hand 

• High Fist

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

I'm cranky and irritated until I get my Reaper's Gale. Poop on torturing myself talking about all this.

#508 User is offline   Chavallas 

• Recruit

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:58 PM

Tattooed Hand;176021 said:

I'm cranky and irritated until I get my Reaper's Gale.

Hey, we all need our fix. Just remember that there are a lot of people in the world who are feeling just as miserable as you, and you'll be fine.

I hope I don't get mine in the middle of my exam-reading, though.

#509 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

how weak are you? god when i get mine i have the will power to ignore my family and friends telling me to revise and simply sit down and read RG. Some people...

#510 User is offline   Chavallas 

• Recruit

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:32 AM

tiam;176279 said:

how weak are you? god when i get mine i have the will power to ignore my family and friends telling me to revise and simply sit down and read RG. Some people...

My point was I'll be doing exactly that (like I've been possessed) and not care about my exams. And then, when the examinations come, I'll be pulling my hair out. And I like my hair, therefore I want the book BEFORE the exams.

#511 User is offline   Father Light 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:31 AM

actully look earlier on't thread mate, i cited the possibility of the 2 demons very early on!!!

#512 User is offline   Monoch Ochem 

• First Sword

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:29 AM

Forgive my thread-trawling laziness but was it raised before whether or not anyone recalled the Kenryll'ah (or Kenyll'rah for that matter) described as having talons that would rake the shrubbery? Doesn't sound like it to me.... the talon reference suggests a more raptor-like physical structure.
"We greet you Jaghut."

#513 User is offline   Duikers'Ghost 

• Sergeant
  • Interests:physics, math, basketball, fire, beer...etc.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'm confused. What is the purpose of this thread? Is the first post just a verbatim copy of the prologue of RG? If so, why? Is there something going on here that I missed?
res ipsa loquitor

#514 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostDuikers, on 08 April 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I'm confused. What is the purpose of this thread? Is the first post just a verbatim copy of the prologue of RG? If so, why? Is there something going on here that I missed?

Take a look at the dates. The prologue was posted here in August 2006, weeks/months befor the book was published, as a teaser to the fans.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users