Malazan Empire: Football World Cup (or soccer for the americans) - Malazan Empire

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Football World Cup (or soccer for the americans)

#81 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

both brazil and france disappointed last night. i thought croatia were excellent and i think japan and australia will both be sorely pressed by them. but just what happened to the french? they were so bad.

i still think italy will win it:)

#82 Guest_FrenchyFan_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:07 PM

For the Brasil, I supposed that they weren't interested in this match, they had (more or less) just to win and nothing else.
For France, I don't know, but at least this time they aren't saying that they will win as the journalists were saying at the last world cup...

However, I have to say that the refere hadn't allowed France to play a penalty when a defensor hit the ball with his hand.
It would have give them a goal (may be) but after that they hadn't played good enought to win.

#83 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

Well if Brazil continue in this "We're better than you so we don't have to bother too much" vein they aren't going anywhere. Croatia were by far the better team, and only Kaka and Dida (sp?) the keeper actually made an effort on Brazils behalf...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#84 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:02 PM

spain a deserving win over the ukraine, but no way was that a penalty. worst decision of the tournament and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

commentators aid torres has signed ofr united at 25 mill, bloody bargain when chelsea bought sheva for 30 and he was by far the worse of the two!!! gonna skip tunisia match, just dont care, but germany poland should be great!!!

#85 Guest_FrenchyFan_*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

Spain has to lose quickly, if only to stop their active propaganda on the we're the best of the best and will win without breaking a sweat.
They almost do 10 min in each news on how they are good. Boring

#86 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

Spain should win their group... but how well do you think they will do once they hit some proper opposition?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#87 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:40 PM

It's a sad and strange state of affairs when I don't mind, hell I would even celebrate, if the Jormans win the World Cup. As long as it's not aginst England. :) But as long as some greasy, dirty playing latino's don't I am gonna be happy. Oh yeah and the French.

Teams I can see winning that I wouldn't mind winning are, Holland, Czechoslovakia, teh Jormans oh yeah and England. If the Czechs can hold it together and be consistant for the entire tournament they can easily win it. Their team is brilliant and EVERYONE plays, ALL the time.

#88 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

a[flkjalv;lajks;ljd;lajg[asldl;s

Saving it for the...... 91st minute? Goddam.

#89 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

;-(
it's a real pity to lose that goal in the 91st minute. our team held out great, even retaliated for some but... this... crushing.

at least after this game I can honestly say I am proud of my team.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#90 Guest_Fool_*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

What was with them playing for time in the second half, though (before the red card)?

Were they really looking for a draw? That wouldn't have helped them much...

#91 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

Blatantly the best game of the tournament so far. Poland vs Germany. Brilliant. Really open play but some quality on both sides. Though I can't believe how many Klose and Podolski missed. 98 times out of 100 you would bet on them to score from those postions they were in. Bribing "Judas" players ftw. :)

#92 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:55 AM

@BAD - just how we could bribe any german players? they could own the country, each one of them :)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#93 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

Aye, great game that. Fast played and great defending by both teams. This match proved that all that ruckus with leaving out Dudek was misguided; the polish keeper (whatever his name was) held out great right up untill the end there.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#94 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:06 AM

Well, I only saw the highlights of the Germany-Poland game, but I wish I had seen the whole game, it looked like a great one. Damn shame for Poland though, I thought that they'd get through that group. Then again, beyond Brazil and Argentina, I don't know much about any South or Central American teams, so it was more a guess than anything;) And Boruc played a blinder, I agree.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#95 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:22 AM

:):):):)

91st minute? WHYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

We're not out yet. But it's a rather long shot for us to go through.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#96 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

I missed the game, but reading up on it afterwards made me wish I'd watched it. Oh well, it's a shame about Poland, I'd hoped they would have made it through. Which I doubt they will get through, if Ecuador beat Costa Rica, which they are likely to do, it seems...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#97 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

Gothos said:

@BAD - just how we could bribe any german players? they could own the country, each one of them :)

I maked a j/k LOL!!1 :)

Also COME ON YOU INGERLAND!!! o/

#98 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:06 PM

I thought it poetic justice that the two Polish players playing for Germany were rubbish. If only they'd stayed on.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#99 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Anyone else thinking Dennis Lawrence will find himself in a bit higher paying club next season? The Championship at least is my bet.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#100 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, possibly. But what about Ecuador, eh? Looked very good against Costa Rica, especially down the right side...
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users