Malazan Empire: COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV) - Malazan Empire

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV)

#3441 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 January 2023 - 11:29 AM

K'chain Nahruk

#3442 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 January 2023 - 01:38 PM

View Postworry, on 03 January 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

QT you have to start from the knowledge that a certain group of individuals who happen to share certain traits are secretly running the world, and work backwards from there.

View PostTiste Simeon, on 04 January 2023 - 12:07 AM, said:

People like Nico get confused at stuff like viruses because you can't solve the problem with a gun... Hence the hokey websites.

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 04 January 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

View Postworry, on 03 January 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

QT you have to start from the knowledge that a certain group of individuals who happen to share certain traits are secretly running the world, and work backwards from there.

Is it the lizards or the aliens? Or alien lizards? I lose track.

Yeah, I guess you're right...it just boggles me brainsicles that someone could fall for every grift in the conspiracy bucket.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3443 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:55 PM

Sorry to be a downer after these lighthearted replies, but the answer is antisemitism. The reason anti-vax stuff exploded during COVID-19 -- after the vaccines-cause-autism stuff remained fringe for years -- is that it was incorporated into the resurgent globalist/New World Order/Qanon/etc. conspiracy ecosystem, for which antisemitism is the cardiovascular system. They do not exist without it. There's a healthy dose of sinophobia too right now, of course, but these movements will accommodate haters of all kinds. (Not lumping in valid critiques of China's policies, nor people's healthy and correct aversion to profiteering off of people's health needs -- definitely lumping in cheap populist movements like MAGA that warp these issues and act as gateways to darker, irrevocably genocidal ideologies).

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3444 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 20 January 2023 - 06:38 PM

I think more people in there social groups are noticing people just dieing , healthy people in their sleep or teenagers due to heart attacks..etc

Pfizer ceo gets grilled by media questions asked .. the media is turning !!

When did you know that the vaccines didn't stop transmission?

How long did you know that without saying it publicly?

Why did you keep it a secret that your vaccine did not stop transmission?

You said it was 100% effective then 90% and 80%, then 70% — but now we know that vaccines do not stop transmission. Why did you keep that a secret?

Is it time to apologize to the world? To give refunds back to the countries that poured all their money into a vaccine that doesn't work?

Are you ashamed of what you've done in the last couple of years?

Are you proud of what you've done the past few years?

You've made millions off the backs of people's livelihoods, how does it feel to walk the streets as a millionaire on the backs of the regular person at home in Australia, in England and Canada?

What do you think about on your yacht? What do you think about on your private jet?

Are you worried about product liability?

Are you worried about myocarditis?

What about the sudden deaths?

What do you ahve to say about young men dropping dead from heart attacks every day?

Why won't you answer these basic questions? No apology?

Do you think you should be charged criminally for some of the behaviour you've been a part of?

How much money have you personally made off the vaccine?

How many boosters do you think it'll take for you to be happy enough with your earnings?

Who did you meet with here in secret?

Will you disclose who you met with?

Who did you pay commissions to?

In the past, Pfizer has paid $2.3 billion in fines for deceptive marketing. Have you engaged in that same conduct again?

Are you under investigation, like you were before, for deceptive marketing?

If any other product in the world doesn't work as promised, you get a refund. Should you not refund countries that pay billions for your ineffective vaccine?

Are you only used to speaking to sympathetic media, is that why you don't know how to answer questions?

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 20 January 2023 - 06:39 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#3445 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 January 2023 - 09:58 PM

Hey…looney tunes…no one is buying your wall of misinformation.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#3446 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:00 AM

https://www.projectv...ny-to-continue/

Project Veritas funness if you remember these guys. Probably won't catch this on the government news channel.

In other notes moderna is is making a MNRA shot that...prevents heart attacks. Fast track that.

So shot two works to fix shot one, wonder how long until we get a shot three for shot two. People are going to eat this up. The government should just give mnra approval no testing and no liability to the producers.

In other news covid vaccines are going up 4x in cost now.

The money pours in.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#3447 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 January 2023 - 05:08 AM

Hey Nico, sorry to tell you but multiple sources from all parts of the spectrum have debunked Project Veritas on numerous occasions. Not much veritas there.
They are funded by such luminaries as Trump supporters and often engage in deceptive editing and attempted entrapment.

So I'd take anything those guys say with a pinch of salt if I were you.

A quick check of their wiki page (they're no better or worse than most other -pedia sources) has a summary, and this article shows what sort of a guy started PV:
https://nymag.com/in...iden-diary.html

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 January 2023 - 08:48 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3448 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:20 AM

He's well aware of the non-veracity of his sources. That's why he uses them. Getting people to believe (or, when it comes down to it, forcing them to recite) the absurd as true are key to the project. In the meantime, the seeding of these absurdities will do.
As Sartre said of anti-semites, but of course applies to all fash big and small:
“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”
Posted Image

#3449 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 26 January 2023 - 07:43 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 26 January 2023 - 04:00 AM, said:

https://www.projectv...ny-to-continue/

Project Veritas funness if you remember these guys. Probably won't catch this on the government news channel.

In other notes moderna is is making a MNRA shot that...prevents heart attacks. Fast track that.

So shot two works to fix shot one, wonder how long until we get a shot three for shot two. People are going to eat this up. The government should just give mnra approval no testing and no liability to the producers.

In other news covid vaccines are going up 4x in cost now.

The money pours in.

Your avatar says enough. You are a big troll.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3450 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 January 2023 - 09:58 PM

I stopped reading anything Nico posts ages ago it makes for a less frustrating forum experience :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#3451 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 27 January 2023 - 03:56 PM

My parents (and later grandma) caught COVID from an engineer at my parents' workplace three weeks ago. My cousin also works there and caught it too. I mention engineer because having a white collar job, they could easily have worked from home, but they chose not to.

Father lost some smells and tastes. Both parents are feeling weak and have a persistent cough despite testing negative. Grandma is weaker than usual, but she's frail to begin with. Cousin also feels weak, but otherwise fine.

My brothers, uncle, family friends, and I delivered food to their doorsteps to ensure no further spread happened.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#3452 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 January 2023 - 04:19 PM

I hope they all get well soon Amph.

#3453 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 January 2023 - 04:35 PM

Yes, best wishes to your entire family.

#3454 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:13 PM

Are people still testing in the US? I had a bad cold this week. I didn't test, it could have been covid. I still went out and about. I'm kind of back to where I was pre-pandemic. I'd think twice about going onto a hospital ward or old peoples home but otherwise, spreading my germs to the four winds.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#3455 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:28 PM

People mostly are testing after Person A tells them that Person A has COVID rather than after "I have been exposed to a person who was sick or might have COVID".

Some people are still diligent about testing, but the masks are off in general and it's causing more rolling problems in the healthcare system.

We got word that someone who called in to our office every week for close to 8 months died from COVID this past Wednesday. A couple of my co-workers are quite sad over this.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 30 January 2023 - 05:00 AM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#3456 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 March 2023 - 01:59 PM

Some of the comments in this article from her are super contradictory, and I have to assume that her being asked to mask up is due to her refusal of a vaccine. Just another celebrity being an asshole when she's being asked to do the bare minimum. Tilda Swinton refuses to mask up on set, or at all anymore.

On a more personal note, I'm getting on a flight to go on a short vacation with my family (the first since early 2020-pre-shutdown) on Friday and we will all be masked on the plane, and I'm wondering if and how many people will mask up on the flight. I'm guessing less than half, but I'm willing to be surprised. I still mask up for every trip on the transit, and in the one grocery store that I frequent where it's really tight quarters and usually really busy (and has tonnes of elderly customers)...I don't feel like that's too much to ask of myself.

#3457 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 March 2023 - 03:12 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 March 2023 - 01:59 PM, said:

Some of the comments in this article from her are super contradictory, and I have to assume that her being asked to mask up is due to her refusal of a vaccine. Just another celebrity being an asshole when she's being asked to do the bare minimum. Tilda Swinton refuses to mask up on set, or at all anymore.

On a more personal note, I'm getting on a flight to go on a short vacation with my family (the first since early 2020-pre-shutdown) on Friday and we will all be masked on the plane, and I'm wondering if and how many people will mask up on the flight. I'm guessing less than half, but I'm willing to be surprised. I still mask up for every trip on the transit, and in the one grocery store that I frequent where it's really tight quarters and usually really busy (and has tonnes of elderly customers)...I don't feel like that's too much to ask of myself.

My recent travel would suggest >10%.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3458 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 March 2023 - 03:26 PM

View PostAbyss, on 14 March 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 March 2023 - 01:59 PM, said:

My recent travel would suggest >10%.

Sigh. Oh well. WE will be the odd ones out then I guess. Suits me fine, I like being odd.

#3459 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:05 PM

Worse than I thought. Wont be seeing Main stream talking about this:

A new report estimates that 26.6 million people were injured, 1.36 million disabled, and 300,000 excess deaths can be attributed to COVID-19 vaccine damages in 2022 alone, which cost the economy nearly $150 billion.

http://www.phinancet...V3%20-%20US.pdf

Amateur analysis all those PHDs and all. Annualized out this gets pretty shocking long term..

Anyhow more analysis showing not too hot of a idea.

#3460 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 March 2023 - 08:09 PM

http://www.phinancet...ic%20Impact.htm

Share this topic:

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users