Malazan Empire: COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV) - Malazan Empire

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus, aka 2019-nCoV)

#1481 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:23 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 May 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

Okay, not sure if this is paranoia on my part or not, but I've seen, on a number of occasions, expensive Mercedes vans driving around my city, either all black or all white, completly tinted windshield and driver/passenger windows (no other windows than those). No distinguishing markings except on the back left-side door they all have this peculiar flaming Phoenix in a circle decal. I always try to stay ever vigilant about my surroundings, especially during these times, and damn but this has got the conspiracy gears turning. Any one else see these vans in your parts? What could it be?

There is a growing number of people who make Mercedes Sprinter vans into camper vehicles. Some young people with a decent amount of money buy them or rent them. I think you might be seeing rental vehicles kitted out like this.

Not sure where you are, so I can't look up companies with a phoenix logo like that.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1482 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Only because the Swede's were scared, Cause. You see the real cure for the economic downturn is just to not be afraid of dying or infecting other people.

#1483 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:36 PM

View PostCyphon, on 28 May 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

https://www.theguard...ckdown-measures

I wonder what has arrived recently to the Isle of Man to make into an authoritarian lockdown... ;)

Hah I saw that. Think it's a bit overblown. The criminal defense solicitor they mention in the article is trying to make a big name for himself locally.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1484 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:13 PM

I prefer our "Rogue Cop On The Edge, Busting Heads" theory.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1485 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

View PostDaser, on 28 May 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

Getting some other info than main news can be hard, so here is another little youtube favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube...._3fU9loQ/videos

Lots of good info and interveiws if you have some spare time while being in lockdown. i suggest starting with the swedish professor on 25 april and work you way forward from there.

It's like you're actively trying to present as a parody.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1486 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:51 AM

View PostDaser, on 26 May 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

So an amateur youtuber shows extracts from a british professor, a british nobel price winner, a Israeli professor and so on, but it isnt legit because he is amateur?

There are doctors and scientists out there who went to school for years (for a combined experience of decades) telling you the real facts...but you've gone and dropped down a YouTube hole and assumed that the guy cherry picking statements from here and there (regardless of their original sources) and tailoring it to get views...is in the right?

Like I don't know how much more we can say this to you. Science/Doctors > YouTubers.....EVERY. Time.

2.My point is that this disease we have closed the intire world down for is less dangerous than TB or Malaria and alot of other stuff we dont give a shit about.

This game of "This OTHER virus/illness is WAY worse and kids more people. Why didn't we shut down the world for THEM?" is asinine. Wanna know why? Because Malaria is not contagious first of all. So it's not spreading like COVID. And TB has been around for more than a century, with tonnes of testing, antibiotics that are valid against it, and a program of search, treat, prevent which has worked well. And in the US TB treatment is one of the only things that is completely free, resulting in no stigma's associated with dealing with it. Yes, TB kills a lot of people in underdeveloped countries, but doesn't touch much of the developed world because we've had a century to fight it. COVID has been around since fucking November and has already killed almost 400k (modified, thx Mac) ppl. So you can kill all this "that other disease is worse" noise, it doesn't fly.

3. How should i know what the damn doctors in those cities think. Do you have links to them saying something interesting?

You're here trying to prove some point....it's on YOU to research your topic/angle to the nth degree and make viable and accurate (to your ability) decisions. This is not a YouTube link. This would be studies currently being made, vetted and reported. And if you can't find that, then look into individual doctors in the news reporting on what they are seeing/hearing. You should therefore KNOW what the doctors ion those cities think because otherwise you're purposely using a minimal amount of info to draw some spurious conclusions.

4, Wait what! If you are a normal healthy person under the age of 70 this isnt dangerous at all.

This is quite inaccurate. In fact we barely know anything about how this is affecting people as a rote set of symptoms since it didn't exist in humans till November. But for a mild example, of the deaths in Italy, 4,702 people have died who are under that age. Would you deem "death" as dangerous?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 29 May 2020 - 10:57 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1487 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:12 PM

Pedenatic bear QT, Im assuming you mean infected 4 million not killed?

#1488 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:55 PM

View PostMacros, on 29 May 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

Pedenatic bear QT, Im assuming you mean infected 4 million not killed?

Whoa yes, my bad. I was trying to go for nearly 400k Dead...not 4million. Oops!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1489 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:22 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 29 May 2020 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostDaser, on 28 May 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

Getting some other info than main news can be hard, so here is another little youtube favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube...._3fU9loQ/videos

Lots of good info and interveiws if you have some spare time while being in lockdown. i suggest starting with the swedish professor on 25 april and work you way forward from there.

It's like you're actively trying to present as a parody.

I just said good info if you have time on your hand to see it. i didnt present a side,

but if it is all rubbish then the UK and maybe USA started lockdowns for nothing because they are interviewing the man behind the report who closed britain here.

https://www.youtube....jEB3Ev8&t=1184s

atleast this channel interviews people both for and against. That is tons better than most.

#1490 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:50 PM

It goes without saying, we'll be seeing a resurgence of the virus across many parts of America now.

#1491 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:08 PM

To lend Daser some credence the Danish government is starting to face serious scrutiny because the rules they put in place around the lock down were actually mostly contrary to the health ministry's council. They were political decisions not fact based.

It's sort of funny. Denmark is in an opposite situation to the USA. Trump refuses to listen to his experts and is downplaying the virus. In Denmark the Government overruled the health and epidemiology experts and closed our borders and most of the country just to be safe and it seems they did it on false pretences.

The aftermath of this could become bloody.

#1492 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:25 AM

View PostDaser, on 27 May 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 27 May 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

In case you were wondering....

... If you are a normal healthy person under the age of 70 this isnt dangerous at all.

....is where any point you could make lost any chance of being taken seriously, by me at least.

You think that is bad exageration but dont mind Aptorian saying this should be compared to spanish flu?

Yes.
Interesting that you admit it is an exaggeration.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#1493 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:29 AM

Okay, not sure if this is paranoia on my part or not, but I've seen, on a number of occasions, expensive Mercedes vans driving around my city, either all black or all white, completly tinted windshield and driver/passenger windows (no other windows than those). No distinguishing markings except on the back left-side door they all have this peculiar flaming Phoenix in a circle decal. I always try to stay ever vigilant about my surroundings, especially during these times, and damn but this has got the conspiracy gears turning. Any one else see these vans in your parts? What could it be?

No.

And neither did you.
Now go drink to forget all about these non existent vans which you did not see.

Immediately.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#1494 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

Thousands of people in Copenhagen marched in solidarity with the American protesters today. I don't know whether to applaud their effort or worry that this is not going to be good for the Corona numbers.

Attached File  349a2c4.jpg (563.2K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 31 May 2020 - 05:20 PM

#1495 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 May 2020 - 08:15 PM

View PostAptorian, on 31 May 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Thousands of people in Copenhagen marched in solidarity with the American protesters today. I don't know whether to applaud their effort or worry that this is not going to be good for the Corona numbers.

Attachment 349a2c4.jpg

Attached File  e6fcf3d.jpg (1.27MB)
Number of downloads: 0

#1496 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:31 AM

<< USA Riot posts moved to the USA politics thread >>

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1497 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:50 AM

View PostAptorian, on 31 May 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Attachment 349a2c4.jpg

That’s insanely stupid

#1498 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:50 AM

View PostD, on 01 June 2020 - 01:31 AM, said:

<< USA Riot posts moved to the USA politics thread >>

Fair enough; I'd suppose my COVID-19 specific points were getting lost. They were:

Pepper spray and tear gas cause uncontrollable coughing. By using them indiscriminately on densely packed crowds (and ripping off peoples' masks), the police are actively and knowingly spreading the virus. In contrast, enforcing a curfew (by shooting anyone who goes outside) may slow the spread, but is obviously suboptimal.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 01 June 2020 - 01:51 AM

#1499 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:03 AM

Saw something else very peculiar that got my conspiracy hackles up. So, armored bank trucks. You guys familiar, yeah? Well, that isn't out of the ordinary normally, but this truck was a friggin' beast of a truck. Like, it had to be double what a normal sized armored bank truck is. It could have hauled a sizable portion of Fort Knox it was so big. The air brakes on this sumbitch were very loud, like it was h-e-a-v-y! Never seen one of those before, it caught my attention for sure. And observing other cars around me when those air brakes fired, folks in other cars took notice as well.

#1500 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:32 AM

Could have been a decepticon.

Share this topic:

• 174 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic