• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Trek: Picard

#21 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:07 PM

Engage.

As well as Picard, the new show will also have relatively large roles for Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) and Brent Spiner (presumably B-4), whilst Riker and Troi will have what sounds like an extended cameo. Hugh Borg is also back, which feels like a deep delve into ST:TNG lore. But yeah, this is suddenly feeling a bit more exciting.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#22 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:35 AM

Yah that all sounds very good.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#23 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

:)
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#24 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:26 AM

Liking the look of this now.

#25 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:47 PM

MAKE IT SO.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#26 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

So let's list out the things we know....because I am BEYOND pumped for this show that that trailer was all kinds of glorious!

Data (not just his death in Nemesis having meaning, but Holo suite stuff with Jean-Luc too!)
7of9 (I was already bowled over by this trailer, but Seven showing up bulldozed me into pulp; so glad Jeri Ryan will get to reprise this character and give her more than her "eye candy" role on Voyager)
Riker (confirmed on Twitter, shooting scenes now or soon)
Troi (also confirmed on Twitter)
Hugh (Borg) (Yes, that was Jonathan Del Arco who played Hugh in the I, BORG ep of TNG in the trailer on the table looking almost human and no longer much Borg)

I also expect to see Mulgrew as Janeway (She was an admiral at this time), and those scenes in the trailer of a walkway over a bunch of people...if that's DS9, then I expect Quark too.

The girl, the important one, I think she's a variation design based on Data's work on his "daughter" Lal. As such, I am going to guess that is tied in with the Borg...which is why we have both Hugh and Seven....the only two (other than Picard/Locutus himself) former Borg who have returned to humanity that we know of.

We also know that the "event" that traumatizes JEan-Luc has something to do with the rescue mission he ran after Romulus was destroyed...or I'd guess that the event is afterwards (perhaps Starfleet refused to admit/re-home all the refugees he saved?).

He's definitely on a non-Starfleet ship with a non-Starfleet crew...

Man, I'm just excited!

EDIT: Oh, and Picard's dogs name....is Number One. Which is...I can't even...amazing!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 22 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#27 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:50 AM

I want this to be soooooooo good, but yeah- major Phantom Menace Syndrome. :unsure:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#28 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

Hmmm ... sorry. Go to youtube, search "picard", first result. New trailer.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 06 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

#29 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1385115

#30 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

Patrick Stewart cites influence of "Logan" on return to Star Trek

This is taken from an interview at the Destination Star Trek con. It seems he wasn't willing to come back to ST until they presented him with a different enough story for it to be interesting, and citing the Logan example is quite exciting to me.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 30 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:29 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 30 October 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

This is taken from an interview at the Destination Star Trek con. It seems he wasn't willing to come back to ST until they presented him with a different enough story for it to be interesting, and citing the Logan example is quite exciting to me.

It's a fantastic take. LOGAN is a wonderful introspection of an aging hero who may have lost some faith, and has had a lot of shit to deal with...but still manages to be every bit the hero AND example when new struggles arise. This is a wonderful take for late-stage Picard. I have a feeling I'm going to love this show.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#32 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 October 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

It's a fantastic take. LOGAN is a wonderful introspection of an aging hero who may have lost some faith, and has had a lot of shit to deal with...but still manages to be every bit the hero AND example when new struggles arise. This is a wonderful take for late-stage Picard. I have a feeling I'm going to love this show.

Seconded.

...tho it also raises the possibility of clones and we all know how that turned out the last time...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#33 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostAbyss, on 30 October 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 30 October 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Seconded.

...tho it also raises the possibility of clones and we all know how that turned out the last time...

I'm perhaps MOST interested in seeing the 30-years-later Borg. I was re-watching TNG Best Of Both Worlds and thinking "Man, Borg are SUCH a 90's design"...

#34 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:25 PM

That is very heartening, cuz even as they want this to be its own thing, they're also mindful that it's a coda for what went before -- that's why Logan was so great, it managed to do both things so well. I do kinda hope, even though it hopefully lasts a few seasons, that they have an endpoint in mind.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#35 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:33 PM

Begins this Thursday.

So, you guys gonna reup your CBS All Access subscription to watch day 1?

#36 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

On SyFySpaceCTV here in Canada, so no need.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#37 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:28 AM

Amazon Prime in the UK, so already sorted.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#38 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

Picard = nostalgia
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#39 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:38 PM

huh, the usual troglodytes have concluded it makes sense to complain that Star Trek now is too political.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

On the bright side of things, Stewart was on The View and on behalf of Kurtzman and the crew of the show officially asked Whoopi to reprise Guinan in S2 of PICARD and she graciously accepted. So that's dope!

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users