Malazan Empire: Robert Pattinson is your new Batman - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robert Pattinson is your new Batman No, I'm not joking.

#41 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:35 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 19 October 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 October 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

There's a Flash movie coming? ...

They are using this movie to sort of reset the DC Cinematic Universe.

Supposedly. That's been rumoured and vocally prayed for by fans who repeat it as fact, but never actually confirmed afaik.

Not that the DC movieverse wouldn't benefit from a hard kick in the reset, but no one with an actual say has said.

I mean, there's no real other reason to START the Flash movies on FLASHPOINT unless you want to deliberately muck with the existing universe.

DC Warner's lack of planning is the reason.

Don't forget, we were supposed to get a FLASH movie ages ago, before JL even. Ezra Miller was announced as The Flash the day the tv series premiered (dick move by DC).Then it got repeatedly bumped to development hell but they left the dream/time travel thing in the JL movie. It wasn't left there to serve as the basis for the Flash movie, it was left as a hook for the next JL movie (under the Snyder plan anyways).

Fast fwd and the DC Warner machine wants to do... something... they aren't sure what... to get their hands on more comic movie money, so they jump on FLASH as a way to do... something. But 'something' could be reeeeeeeeeally minimal, a nod to Barry fucking w the timelines in the after credits (yay we get the 'DAMMIT BARRY' meme back!). The next few DC movies... THE BATMAN, AQUAMAN AND THE SOMETHING DEEP SOMETHING don't need any reboots to work.

They might call it FLASHPOINT but i have doubts we're going to get Thomas Wayne Batman and the Amazon v Atlantis War.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#42 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:56 PM

View PostAbyss, on 19 October 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

They might call it FLASHPOINT but i have doubts we're going to get Thomas Wayne Batman and the Amazon v Atlantis War.

Oh no, it won't be Thomas Wayne at all. It's just Keaton's Bruce from the Burtonverse, and my assumption is that the Sasha Calle Supergirl (Cir-El) is there because in the Burton-verse Superman was killed, and Supergirl is their superbeing?

And yeah no Amazon VS Atlantis war.

But it's still Flashpoint where Barry needs a Batman's help. And I know Keaton signed on for more than one film.

There's also the OTHER Miller Flash in the scene in the clip, so we're talking about the Snyderverse, and the Burtonverse and perhaps even another verse?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#43 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:16 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 07:56 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 19 October 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

Oh no, it won't be Thomas Wayne at all. It's just Keaton's Bruce from the Burtonverse, and my assumption is that the Sasha Calle Supergirl (Cir-El) is there because in the Burton-verse Superman was killed, and Supergirl is their superbeing?

And yeah no Amazon VS Atlantis war.

But it's still Flashpoint where Barry needs a Batman's help. And I know Keaton signed on for more than one film.

There's also the OTHER Miller Flash in the scene in the clip, so we're talking about the Snyderverse, and the Burtonverse and perhaps even another verse?

To be clear, i'm all for it, i love a good alterverse story and unlike the masses i don't need six prior movies, a GN collection, and a novel to explain things.
....tho i probably did see the six movies own the GN and read the book...

#44 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 December 2021 - 08:48 PM

New trailer is pretty slick. Get a better look a the Riddler. I wonder how audiences will respond to emo Bruce Wayne and the look they went with for the Riddler?

#45 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 28 December 2021 - 08:59 PM

Catwomen! I don’t know why, maybe all the bad movies but I’m not looking forward to her character.

#46 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 December 2021 - 12:58 AM

The "look" is pretty good, although I'm not so sure about emo Batman.

But is the trailer giving away too much?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#47 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 March 2022 - 10:00 AM

Well, it's worth it. The final quarter or so drops a bit, it's just too different in tone to what was there before, but up till then: visuals, atmosphere, music all on point, it's great to see Batman being a detective properly for once, and Zoe Kravitz is excellent as Catwoman, with a better-written relationship between them than TDKR.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#48 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 March 2022 - 10:19 AM

Oh man a double stamp of approval. Now I have to go see it.

#49 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 March 2022 - 12:45 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 05 March 2022 - 10:00 AM, said:

Well, it's worth it. The final quarter or so drops a bit, it's just too different in tone to what was there before, but up till then: visuals, atmosphere, music all on point, it's great to see Batman being a detective properly for once, and Zoe Kravitz is excellent as Catwoman, with a better-written relationship between them than TDKR.

Agreed. Loved it. And I agree on the Bat and Cat relationship being very well done and Pattison and Kravitz sell ii well, and I agree on Kravitz stellar catwoman, she’s REALLYGOOD.

Tell me you love the Batman Slow Walk Out Of Darkness they did a few times like I did?

Also, I love that we don’t get the triumphant part of Giaccino’s Batman theme till late in the movie
Spoiler

DOUBLE STAMP BABY!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 March 2022 - 01:06 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#50 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 March 2022 - 04:01 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 19 October 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 October 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

There's a Flash movie coming? ...

They are using this movie to sort of reset the DC Cinematic Universe.

Supposedly. That's been rumoured and vocally prayed for by fans who repeat it as fact, but never actually confirmed afaik.

Not that the DC movieverse wouldn't benefit from a hard kick in the reset, but no one with an actual say has said.

I mean, there's no real other reason to START the Flash movies on FLASHPOINT unless you want to deliberately muck with the existing universe.

... or they think including Batman etc. will help it sell better. Granted, there was a popular Flash tv show for a while, so perhaps the Flash is less obscure and more popular than I'd guess. May still be chasing after that Avengers ensemble money....

#51 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 March 2022 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

#52 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 March 2022 - 06:37 PM

So, I guess Gotham is supposed to be really gross. But does that mean it's "gritty?'

#53 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 March 2022 - 01:22 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 March 2022 - 12:45 PM, said:

Tell me you love the Batman Slow Walk Out Of Darkness they did a few times like I did?

STOMP STOMP STOMP

Tell you what I really loved though: that Batmobile intro.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#54 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 06 March 2022 - 02:02 AM

Movie has and than blasts through about 4 endings and becomes 2h55 min as a result.

#55 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 March 2022 - 07:04 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 05 March 2022 - 12:45 PM, said:

View Postpolishgenius, on 05 March 2022 - 10:00 AM, said:

Agreed. Loved it. And I agree on the Bat and Cat relationship being very well done and Pattison and Kravitz sell ii well, and I agree on Kravitz stellar catwoman, she’s REALLYGOOD.

Also, I love that we don’t get the triumphant part of Giaccino’s Batman theme till late in the movie
Spoiler

DOUBLE STAMP BABY!

I thought it was great too.

I agree with cause though my one criticism of the film is the last 10-15 minutes with so many different endings (or return of the king syndrome) which undercut the pace of the rest of the film. The jailhouse scene for example would have worked much better as a post credits sequence.

#56 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 07 March 2022 - 08:28 PM

I enjoyed it well enough. It has a couple of very striking sequences. However, its painfully obvious ambitions towards being a deconstruction/reconstruction of Batman are not followed through to anywhere near the extent they should have been. It's also at least half an hour too long.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#57 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 March 2022 - 04:00 PM

Well i gave it 2 showings to be fair to it. Im leaning towards only 5-6/10. I guess im not a big fan which is really disappointing. Its only ok. Ah well.

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 March 2022 - 07:14 PM

The deleted/unincluded scene from The Batman featuring the joker has been released.

I'm actually really fond of this clip.

I can see why the removed it, it's not really necessary and the voices are pretty muddled, but it's such a different take on the on-screen joker.

Everything is sort of out of focus. Hinting at the Joker's appearance but not giving a clear picture. Actually disfigured, sort of diseased, wrong looking. Just really uncomfortable looking to be in the presence of. But not an overpowering performance either. He's unassuming in a sense, younger and relaxed in the presence of The Batman. There's an intimacy between the two characters. I really like it.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 24 March 2022 - 07:16 PM

#59 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:49 PM

Finally saw this from. Utterly loved it. Was not expecting R Patz to be so good. I dunno if this is part of a planned new thing or if this Batman is replacing the Affleck one in the DCCU, or if it's just a non canon one off but it has to rank up there with the best. I never thought I'd rate one as highly as the Nolan trilogy but this is probably on a par
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#60 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 27 April 2023 - 03:46 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 14 April 2023 - 08:49 PM, said:

Finally saw this from. Utterly loved it. Was not expecting R Patz to be so good. I dunno if this is part of a planned new thing or if this Batman is replacing the Affleck one in the DCCU, or if it's just a non canon one off but it has to rank up there with the best. I never thought I'd rate one as highly as the Nolan trilogy but this is probably on a par

Just watched this, have to agree, it was far better than i was expecting and very entertaining.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users