Malazan Empire: Robert Pattinson is your new Batman - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robert Pattinson is your new Batman No, I'm not joking.

#21 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 22 August 2020 - 01:28 PM

I thought Afflecks Batman was okay, just okay, as an older, end of a career, Nick Fury sort of role. But he lacked the intensity and presence I'd expect of Batman. Batman is willpower and intellect personified. That's his super power. Afflecks character seemed more human, which should only be another kind of mask to the Dark Knight.

Honestly, the un-super-likeness of most superheroes in these films is what I like the least about comic book movie adaptions.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 22 August 2020 - 01:29 PM

#22 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 August 2020 - 01:05 AM

Here it is.

https://www.comicboo...77785#gs.e5yy0a

Batman kinda looks like the lead singer for The Cure in that one shot, but overall I am encouraged by what has been laid out here, albeit just a teaser video, but I hope they don't show much more, in fact I would be very okay if this was the only trailer (unlikely, I know). Looks pretty damn gritty.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:37 AM

Cool Trailer. Seems like they're keeping the setting pretty grounded, no super powers coupled with detective, vigilante stuff.

Don't like the look of Pattison based on this trailer. He looks too young and maybe a bit out of control. He strikes me as a Robin or Nightwing.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 23 August 2020 - 03:37 AM

#24 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:56 AM

View PostAptorian, on 23 August 2020 - 03:37 AM, said:

Cool Trailer. Seems like they're keeping the setting pretty grounded, no super powers coupled with detective, vigilante stuff.

Don't like the look of Pattison based on this trailer. He looks too young and maybe a bit out of control. He strikes me as a Robin or Nightwing.

This is clearly a take on Zero Hour Batman Which occurs during his first year as proto-Batman. The outfit is spot on for that comic arc, as is the young, rough, untested Batman.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:38 PM

For the record it was the “I Am Vengeance “ scene that sold
Me. I am 100% in.

But then I’ve always been a Batman fan, so I would have probably been in anyways.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:47 PM

I kind of feel like DC are doing to batman what sony did to Spidey too many films and reboots too quickly

#27 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:16 PM

That’s a fair comment, and I agree. The problem sadly arose from casting an older Batman in BvS and JL without an eye towards the future of the character in their franchise. They should have cast Bale or let it be John Blake (The Dark Knight Rises)...because as much as I like Affleck as Bats, he’s too old to build the character any further.

#28 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 September 2020 - 01:04 PM

Shut down. Batman got da rona. Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:11 PM

After watching Pattison in Tenet I actually have a lot more confidence in the casting. I havent seen him in anything since Twilight but he's a decent actor. Far too disheveled looking but an interesting choice.

#30 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:59 PM

I haven't seen that Lighthouse movie Pattinson did with Willem Dafoe (I want to see it), but based on the clips I've seen, Pattinson has left the Twilight gooshy stuff behind and seems to have really expanded as an actor. I guess in the movie "Good Time" his acting talent is well on display also. I don't know much about that movie though, just going by what I've read. I want to see him as Batman and look forward to seeing how he does in the role. I think it will be good.

#31 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:04 PM

*bump

Something called DC Fandome going on this weekend. A Batman trailer is rumored to be coming.

#32 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:51 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 September 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

I haven't seen that Lighthouse movie Pattinson did with Willem Dafoe (I want to see it), but based on the clips I've seen, Pattinson has left the Twilight gooshy stuff behind and seems to have really expanded as an actor. I guess in the movie "Good Time" his acting talent is well on display also. I don't know much about that movie though, just going by what I've read. I want to see him as Batman and look forward to seeing how he does in the role. I think it will be good.

Watch The Lighthouse and then decide if it is Batman prep. I'm chuckling at the thought and dying to do some spoilers. If his Batman is the same under pressure as his lighthouse keeper is, those movies are taking quite a turn.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#33 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 October 2021 - 11:35 PM

Fucking hell. This looks SO good. The score, the acting, the action, the cinematography is EXQUISITE. Take notes any darker tv show or movie (GOT, I’m looking at you!)….this is how you shoot darks scenes but light them enough to be crystal fucking clear.

I cannot wait.

And yes, this is a Vimeo link, the YouTube version is crap res, and this deserves to be watched in 4K

https://vimeo.com/633805668

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 October 2021 - 11:39 PM

#34 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:50 PM

Do you think not showing clear footage of the Riddler is a strategy? To keep it a riddle, left to be deciphered when you watch the movie?

#35 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:14 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 October 2021 - 11:35 PM, said:

And yes, this is a Vimeo link, the YouTube version is crap res, and this deserves to be watched in 4K

Me watching on my phone thanks you for this :D

It looks good. I mean I dunno why they keep rebooting Batman but I guess it makes money. I'll no doubt watch it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:33 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 October 2021 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 October 2021 - 11:35 PM, said:

Me watching on my phone thanks you for this :D

It looks good. I mean I dunno why they keep rebooting Batman but I guess it makes money. I'll no doubt watch it.

I think this time it comes down to the fact that Affleck (the most recent Bats) was already older and greyer...and if they want a viable core to the League going forwards, they need someone younger. Pattinson could play the character for at least a few movies.

And they are using the Flashpoint Paradox in the FLASH movie, so I expect that film to see the torch handed from Affleck to Pattinson, while Keaton takes the role of older Mentor Batman.

#37 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:59 PM

There's a Flash movie coming? Always loved the Flash! Not seen the TV show though (it's not ever been on any of the services I get) is it worth it?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#38 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:03 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 October 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

There's a Flash movie coming? Always loved the Flash! Not seen the TV show though (it's not ever been on any of the services I get) is it worth it?

Yup. See below. The narration is Michael Keaton's Batman..it's the Flash story where Barry tries to go back and save his mom Nora from dying and screws up the whole multiverse as a result, which is why the Keaton Batman is in it, and another Flash, and Supergirl (the dark haired one).

It actually finished shooting today.

They are using this movie to sort of reset the DC Cinematic Universe.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 October 2021 - 05:04 PM

#39 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:37 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

There's a Flash movie coming? ...

Supposedly. That's been rumoured and vocally prayed for by fans who repeat it as fact, but never actually confirmed afaik.

Not that the DC movieverse wouldn't benefit from a hard kick in the reset, but no one with an actual say has said.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#40 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2021 - 06:53 PM

View PostAbyss, on 19 October 2021 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 October 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

There's a Flash movie coming? ...

Supposedly. That's been rumoured and vocally prayed for by fans who repeat it as fact, but never actually confirmed afaik.

Not that the DC movieverse wouldn't benefit from a hard kick in the reset, but no one with an actual say has said.

I mean, there's no real other reason to START the Flash movies on FLASHPOINT unless you want to deliberately muck with the existing universe.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users