Malazan Empire: It's been a while - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's been a while (for anyone that remembers)

#61 User is offline   Tsundoku 

  • Make the Empire Great Again
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,144
  • Joined: 06-January 03
  • Location:Maison de merde

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

View PostAbyss, on 14 May 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on 14 May 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

I never understood why people would change their email address, unless they're hacked?


Sometimes they outgrow the 'StudHunk69@hotmail.com' and 'OrcStabber2000@gmail.com' addresses of their youth.


... and the rest of us didn't. I'm sure you can see my email address with your Mod Powerz. :D :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker
0

#62 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

  • Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 10,056
  • Joined: 08-October 04
  • Location:T'North

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 15 May 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 14 May 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on 14 May 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

I never understood why people would change their email address, unless they're hacked?


Sometimes they outgrow the 'StudHunk69@hotmail.com' and 'OrcStabber2000@gmail.com' addresses of their youth.


... and the rest of us didn't. I'm sure you can see my email address with your Mod Powerz. :D :p

Is it ilovetaylorswiftsbutt@yahoo.com?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.
1

#63 User is offline   cauthon 

  • Geek in progress
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 601
  • Joined: 17-July 02
  • Location:Here
  • Interests:photography, fantasy
  • .6180339887

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Well now. Welcome back. And srsly. MAFIA again? Or still? :p
0

#64 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

  • Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 1,844
  • Joined: 26-June 06
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

View Postcauthon, on 15 May 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

Well now. Welcome back. And srsly. MAFIA again? Or still? :p

Would love to. Not sure if people are still into it though.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_
0

#65 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,925
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

i think its time people lack currently.
0

#66 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

  • Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 1,844
  • Joined: 26-June 06
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

View PostMacros, on 16 May 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

i think its time people lack currently.

Yes, I can see that - it would be completely possible to run the game for a lot longer than usual - for instance if time in the game only counted down on the weekend, but people would be able to post whenever, it just wouldn't count until the weekend. Might work idk.

This post has been edited by Gem Windcaster: 16 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_
0

#67 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

  • Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 1,440
  • Joined: 02-August 15

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

It seems that these days people tend to play from work more often than in their free time and then there're the ones who play exclusively or almost exclusively from work, either way people posted on weekends only very rarely so personally I doubt that'd work. And prolonging time limits only resulted in longer silences at the beginnings of games/days and people only talking in the last few hours of the time limit anyway, plus I think it led people to become even more comfortable with being quiet with all the time remaining they ended up talking even less and being even more dismissive of the eods.

The current TI4 game is slowly crawling to the finish line tho
"Yeah but then it's endless rain and SAD and everyone compensating by getting endlessly irritatingly high all the time"
0

#68 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,925
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:14 AM

It's work for me at the minute, while yes I spend more time at a computer than normal at work, I'm just hectic busy all day then exhausted in the evenings and flat out with my own stuff at the weekends.
Slowly nearing my exit strategy coming to fruition though
0

#69 User is offline   Gorefest 

  • Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,293
  • Joined: 29-May 14

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:31 AM

You're digging an escape tunnel?
She went and she left me like litter. She took all future summers with her. I lost all my money cuz I tried to bribe her. Now I can only afford an amateur sniper.
0

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 21,974
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

Plus size hand model.
1

#71 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

  • Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 1,844
  • Joined: 26-June 06
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

View PostAptorian, on 17 May 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Plus size hand model.

Is that a euphemism?
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_
0

#72 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,925
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

There's simply no way you've been away long enough to miss that shit reference
0

#73 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 21,974
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

Sorry, plus plus plus plus plus size hand model.
0

#74 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

  • Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 1,844
  • Joined: 26-June 06
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 May 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Sorry, plus plus plus plus plus size hand model.

That's what I thought. :p
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_
0

#75 User is offline   Mentalist 

  • Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,813
  • Joined: 06-June 07
  • Location:'sauga/GTA, City of the Lion
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:22 AM

View PostGem Windcaster, on 14 May 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 09 May 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hey, Gem. Welcome back!Forums have been generally getting quieter as people grow up and do more adult stuff. The happy and groove threads are still around, obviously, but full of adult stuff.Mafia ended up collapsing, but there were some epic moments there even after Game 100- maybe someday I'll even get around to cataloging them all in the Mafia mod thread!There's still good discussions in off-topic forums on other lit, games, and other media. It's why a bunch of us stick around. As someone mentioned, we have a few posting malazites that published their own fantasy books-both "Purge of Ashes" and "Incarnate" are worth a look, imho. Aside from that, there's generally less craziness. Occasionally some of the old timers indulge in bouts of insanity where everyone changes their avatars/usernames to be completely unrecognizable, but mostly, it's just a familiar hangout spot for those of us still around.

Thanks, so people 'grew up' eh? Or maybe with age we lose the passionate certainty of youth. Good to hear people are successful, I'm not bitter at all. LOL

View PostMorgoth, on 10 May 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

We're old and boring farts hanging around the same pub we've always gone too. Sometimes youngsters come to visit and promptly turn around at the door, chased away by the smell of old whisky and shame.

They will learn about shame eventually, and then maybe they'll find their way back here. :p

View PostGrief, on 13 May 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Wow, hey Gem! (And all the other oldies these convergences draw). Glad you're well :doh:. I find it pretty amazing that after a decade people either remember their password or still use the same e-mail address. Meanwhile I can't log into accounts that I made three weeks ago.

Hey! And thanks. I never understood why people would change their email address, unless they're hacked?



Eh, success is all relative. Adulting happens to all of us eventually though, whether we like it or not.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.
0

#76 User is offline   Gem Windcaster 

  • Bequeathed Overmind
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 1,844
  • Joined: 26-June 06
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

View PostMentalist, on 18 May 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

View PostGem Windcaster, on 14 May 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 09 May 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hey, Gem. Welcome back!Forums have been generally getting quieter as people grow up and do more adult stuff. The happy and groove threads are still around, obviously, but full of adult stuff.Mafia ended up collapsing, but there were some epic moments there even after Game 100- maybe someday I'll even get around to cataloging them all in the Mafia mod thread!There's still good discussions in off-topic forums on other lit, games, and other media. It's why a bunch of us stick around. As someone mentioned, we have a few posting malazites that published their own fantasy books-both "Purge of Ashes" and "Incarnate" are worth a look, imho. Aside from that, there's generally less craziness. Occasionally some of the old timers indulge in bouts of insanity where everyone changes their avatars/usernames to be completely unrecognizable, but mostly, it's just a familiar hangout spot for those of us still around.

Thanks, so people 'grew up' eh? Or maybe with age we lose the passionate certainty of youth. Good to hear people are successful, I'm not bitter at all. LOL

View PostMorgoth, on 10 May 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

We're old and boring farts hanging around the same pub we've always gone too. Sometimes youngsters come to visit and promptly turn around at the door, chased away by the smell of old whisky and shame.

They will learn about shame eventually, and then maybe they'll find their way back here. :p

View PostGrief, on 13 May 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Wow, hey Gem! (And all the other oldies these convergences draw). Glad you're well :doh:. I find it pretty amazing that after a decade people either remember their password or still use the same e-mail address. Meanwhile I can't log into accounts that I made three weeks ago.

Hey! And thanks. I never understood why people would change their email address, unless they're hacked?



Eh, success is all relative. Adulting happens to all of us eventually though, whether we like it or not.

Yes, that's true. Comparing our individual journeys isn't really helpful, unless you do it in an inspirational way.
_ In the dark I play the night, like a tune vividly fright_
So light it blows, at lark it goes _
invisible indifferent sight_
0

#77 User is offline   Shinrei 

  • charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 2,595
  • Joined: 20-February 03

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

This thread is a veritable who's who of wretched tottering ancients.

So I clearly have to join in and complain about my arthritis. (Or carpal tunnel I suppose)
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.
2

#78 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 6,925
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

Great to see you again man!
0

#79 User is offline   Uncle Bubba 

  • High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 1,404
  • Joined: 05-April 07
  • Location:NH, USA
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

What the????? How the hell did I end up here?

1

#80 User is offline   Tsundoku 

  • Make the Empire Great Again
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,144
  • Joined: 06-January 03
  • Location:Maison de merde

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:14 AM

Ma! Uncle Bubba's gone a-wanderin' agin! Better get his medication.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker
0

Share this topic:


  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users