Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones: Final Season - Malazan Empire

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game of Thrones: Final Season /spoilers!!!!

#81 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 22 April 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

Too much humor ... everyone's dieing

Aryas secret note was apparently... sex.

That was love.
and regarding humour

“It is well known that humor, more than anything else in the human make-up, can afford an aloofness and an ability to rise above any situation, even if only for a few seconds.”

https://www.goodread...n-anything-else

#82 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:05 AM

Okay, Thrones made me well up (more than) a bit.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 22 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#83 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

Not reading the latest posts as I haven't seen the latest episode yet. However on from the discussion on Sansa in this thread I thought this was a good article about Gothic and Sansa at tor.com https://www.tor.com/...of-sansa-stark/
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#84 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 22 April 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

Okay, Thrones made me well up a bit.

Spoiler

Easily the finest moment in an episode filled with nice moments. Made me well up something fierce. Especially when Tyrion stood up and stood witness directly to the act. Amazing.

Other fave moments included:

Spoiler

Great episode.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 22 April 2019 - 01:33 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#85 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

#86 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

So. They are putting all the women, children and elderly in the crypts. Where the dead lie. With an army approaching that can raise the dead. They are really thinking this through.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#87 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:51 PM

View Postnacht, on 22 April 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Is there a music category for these kinds of songs.
Very little music accompaniment, mostly human voice, not but high whatever those opera arias are. (and in english and not italian or french or german )

Some stripe or sub-genre of folk music, I'm guessing. The 'musicologists' on the forum probably have more knowledge about what type of song it is. The song is performed by Florence Welch (from Florence + The Machines). She likens it to a 'Celtic folk song' > 'Game of Thrones': Florence and the Machine's Frontwoman on That Haunting Closing Song

If you're interested, here are links to some examples I think fall into what you may be looking for, although with the caveat that these are more 'americana' folk or 'country' folk, so it may not fall in line with your particular tastes. YMMV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube....h?v=OLVWEYUqGew
https://www.youtube....h?v=p4WOys7sWvU
https://www.youtube....h?v=Vc0FzJdxK1o

#88 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostGorefest, on 22 April 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

So. They are putting all the women, children and elderly in the crypts. Where the dead lie. With an army approaching that can raise the dead. They are really thinking this through.

This. How many times did we hear 'you'll be safe in the crypt.'

They seem to have forgotten what happens when the NK is near... they even have dragon glass on the battlements - and yet they'll be turned inside out by dead Starks!

Loved the Brienne scene. She's wanted that all her life, and it was so well done.

It's just a shame that finally all these characters are together, sometimes many in the same room, but none are sharing their stories or knowledge or revelations. At least Tyrion sat down with Bran - they have someone who can see the past, present and future all at the same time, you'd think they'd be all over him for information.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#89 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:17 PM

I cried when Brienne was knighted.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#90 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:01 PM

View PostTraveller, on 22 April 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

They seem to have forgotten what happens when the NK is near... they even have dragon glass on the battlements - and yet they'll be turned inside out by dead Starks!

Loved the Brienne scene. She's wanted that all her life, and it was so well done.

It's just a shame that finally all these characters are together, sometimes many in the same room, but none are sharing their stories or knowledge or revelations. At least Tyrion sat down with Bran - they have someone who can see the past, present and future all at the same time, you'd think they'd be all over him for information.

My comment during the episode to my group was .. so Tyrion is really the only smart character you think they would be sharing relevant info.

@ nacht: Arya want to lose her V card.... love. Ehhhhh. Totally normal teenager behavior for sure.

The crypt is rising and I think Sam is going to a hero again battling for their lives with Tyrion as backup against the former Starks...
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#91 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:22 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 22 April 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 22 April 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

My comment during the episode to my group was .. so Tyrion is really the only smart character you think they would be sharing relevant info.

@ nacht: Arya want to lose her V card.... love. Ehhhhh. Totally normal teenager behavior for sure.

The crypt is rising and I think Sam is going to a hero again battling for their lives with Tyrion as backup against the former Starks...

Maybe the starks are special and can't be controlled (like Benjen stark). Or maybe Winterfell is special and is impervious to whatever magic that the night king is using.

#93 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:04 AM

View Postnacht, on 22 April 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 April 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

I knew it was going to be Pod to break into song. But damn though guys, can we talk about the the scene where Jaime knights Brienne?! Don't look at me! some dust just blew into my eye is all.

Is there a music category for these kinds of songs.
Very little music accompaniment, mostly human voice, not but high whatever those opera arias are. (and in english and not italian or french or german )

It's a ballad. (Also note that the content is (mostly) narrative.)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 23 April 2019 - 04:06 AM

#94 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:27 AM

To pile on

Attached File(s)

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#95 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:56 PM

Oh dang that episode was near perfect and I am so HYPE about what's coming up. I was itching for the Jon and Dany discussion all ep and then it finally happened with 5 minutes to go and it was beautifully understated. So many excellent moments.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#96 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

After the scene with Grey Worm and Missandei, it's safe to project that he's a dead man walking, right? After those north girls showed their revulsion at Missandei and then Grey Worm and Messandei talk about leaving the north and Westoros climes for sand and sun and her saying my people can't protect themselves and his reply that his people would protect them.

Holy shit, it just occurred to me, what if most of the Unsullied are killed and assimilated into the army of the dead. That would not be good.

Also, no one has mentioned Ghost making an appearance. I'm a little disappointed in you guys. J/K! Posted Image

#97 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 April 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

After the scene with Grey Worm and Missandei, it's safe to project that he's a dead man walking, right? After those north girls showed their revulsion at Missandei and then Grey Worm and Messandei talk about leaving the north and Westoros climes for sand and sun and her saying my people can't protect themselves and his reply that his people would protect them.

Holy shit, it just occurred to me, what if most of the Unsullied are killed and assimilated into the army of the dead. That would not be good.

Also, no one has mentioned Ghost making an appearance. I'm a little disappointed in you guys. J/K! Posted Image

I think that has always been why this particular Army of Dead is fearsome...halfway through the battle /rise!!! and you have dead soldiers inside your keep already breach'd the walls...

Unless they have a plan to burn the bodies as people eat it... after that initial volley of violence so common to medieval style battles ..

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 23 April 2019 - 10:53 PM

#98 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:55 AM

I think considering the Battle of Winterfell seems to be coming kind of early in the series it's going to go badly and they will have to regroup somewhere closer to Cersei.

I think the writers will try and pull off some shocking Ned Stark death style plot twists so anything can happen.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#99 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

Either that, or the Night King simply flies past Winterfell and straight on to King's Landing.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#100 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Ep2 was considerably better than Ep1. Whilst the two least bearable characters trying to have a heart to heart (more like a smug to smug, topkek) was relatively dire, the return of Brienne was great in every way, and especially at the end. Unfortunately, a death flag has tripped, which is kinda poop because she's consistently been a character whose segments I've looked forward to.

Still, roll on next week where stuff can start to happen. I get buildup, but if it goes Stormlight on me and builds for ages to naught but a wet fart, I shall be miffed.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users