• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#1901 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

No one has actually agreed with me on anything except IH who would be willing to vote my way if I could find another person to vote with us.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1902 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:28 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

So 23, 11 and 9 for Blend. 33 votes.

If everyone saves 1 vote FOR VP and the rest on me for tech that'd clinch both agendas.

Damn Tatts. People are debating whether or not to give you a great advantage and you’re not even willing to put all your own votes on it? If I were in your shoes, I’d be thanking them and not worrying about whether I get to participate in the other agenda at all.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1903 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostGnaw, on 02 March 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 02 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

So 23, 11 and 9 for Blend. 33 votes.

If everyone saves 1 vote FOR VP and the rest on me for tech that'd clinch both agendas.

Damn Tatts. People are debating whether or not to give you a great advantage and you’re not even willing to put all your own votes on it? If I were in your shoes, I’d be thanking them and not worrying about whether I get to participate in the other agenda at all.

Oh don't get me wrong all my votes will go on my second agenda.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1904 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:16 AM

Has anyone bothered to vote yet?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1905 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:47 AM

So like, Twelve and Nom have been really silent about where their votes are going.

I assume Nom is gonna try to do something to hinder me, but I really have no idea what is in Twelve's head.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1906 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

View PostGnaw, on 03 March 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

Has anyone bothered to vote yet?

Mine are provisionally in.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1907 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:41 AM

I was waiting for twelve, I assumed he hadn't been online, but I just checked and he has so he's obviously keeping silent...

#1908 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

I have 2 of 8 submitted so far.

#1909 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:36 PM

View PostTapper, on 02 March 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 01 March 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Blend, you've been hanging around Twelve too much. 😁

Who is, incidentally, the player I'd nominate for the tech law. Taking MR away from D'rek is the top priority. Twelve has made MR his priority from the get go.

I can get behind this. IH is currently the point leader with a protection agreement with D'rek who is in the best resource/influence position and sets herself up for late game. Tapper is right that the tech law should go to someone who is in the best position to place balance on this side of the map. That would mean that it should go to Tatts, Morgoth or myself. As Tatts has upgraded all of his Important military outside of his infantry and Morgoth has production for weeks and I believe has IH's SFTT and will be reluctant to get involved militarily in that regard that leaves me as the best choice to buff my military tech while still being able and willing to step in. The tech law will allow me to upgrade my Dreads and leave me resources to spare to build them as well.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#1910 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 02 March 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

So votes as they stand:
Nom = 4 votes unknown
Tatts = 7 votes unknown but presumably himself
Twelve = 9 votes unknown
Blend = 11 votes himself
Drek = 23 votes herself or blend
Tapper = 9 votes tatts
IH = 9 votes paid for by blend, tatts otherwise
Morgoth = 10 votes tatts

So that's 26 or 35 for tatts
20 or 34 for blend

With twelve and noms votes unknown, and of course that is assuming no one is throwing votes on the VP agenda which seems.... Unlikely.

Either way looks like twelves input is important as blend needs his support if he's to carry the vote.

I've had a hella busy last couple of days and am only on for a short while before I go back to work but I'd Vote Tatts before I vote Blend. I have a bit of an issue with the early aggressive move that pins someone in. At least Nom in in a much better position than I ever was last game.

#1911 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostBlend, on 03 March 2019 - 06:47 AM, said:

So like, Twelve and Nom have been really silent about where their votes are going.

I assume Nom is gonna try to do something to hinder me, but I really have no idea what is in Twelve's head.

That makes two of us. I've been Awol for the last couple of days and am just now putting any thought into this. I'm pretty partial to giving me the tech as I'm behind in the tech department and am in a better position than Tatts to put some outside pressure on D'rek. It also looks like I may have blown my window on Rex as both Gnaw and Morgoth are likely to take it off D'rek's hands this round so I might as well look to Fight her.

#1912 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 03 March 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I was waiting for twelve, I assumed he hadn't been online, but I just checked and he has so he's obviously keeping silent...

Having a browser open to the forum and being online are two different things.

#1913 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

But to speed things up I'll give it to Tatts.

#1914 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:55 PM

As not much chatting is going on (though I understand it’s the weekend and we tend to do other things then) I’m going to call Mafia rules on this and give you another 36 hours to get your votes in.

#1915 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:56 AM

Oh man, the week end I've had. My girlfriend's family has been visiting from Spain, and we decided to spend the week end at my family's cabin in the mountains. It's a unique experience for them and they loved it. They have some skiing experience, so we decided to go for a short trip around a lake on Saturday. Nice and flat, no hills or anything. About halfway my GFs dad stumbles, gets his legs twisted up and breaks his femur. We couldn't move him so I had to call an ambulance. They couldn't get the car close enough, so they called in a helicopter and he was flown to the nearest hospital for an operation that same night. All went well and he's in fine spirits now, but jesus christ that was one stressfull ordeal. My girlfriend was crushed, she'd been looking forwards to this trip for months.

And to top it all off, we were distributed over two cars, and the mother and sister went down right away to be with him at the hospital. The rest of us stayed back to close the cabin and all. When we were ready to leave we discovered the car key was gone. Somewhere in the chaos it managed to leave with the first car, though we didn't know that at the time. So we were stuck there until my dad could come the next day with a spare key.

So, that was fun.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1916 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:25 AM

I am voting for tatts by the by, just so that's set. Though if you all want to vote for me I can go for that too.

#1917 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:42 AM

Morgoth that is quite a story to tell, if all is well you can look back on it in years to come as a story to tell your kids. I hope he recovers well. Femur is one of the toughest bones to break. Normally reserved for motorbikes and ski falls. It must have been quite a tumble. What mountains did you venture into?

My wife and I are doing the Wainwright walks. There's quite a lot of fells in the lake district and these walks cover the majority of them.

They are home to the tallest mountain in England which will be fun when we did that one.

Last year we decided to do Hellvelyn which is pretty high up but has an easy route to get to, and another not so easy route called striding edge. It's quicker but involves a bit of climbing.

Anyway, we looked at the map and thought we could do 3 fells in the one day. By the time we had gotten to the top of Helvellyn we had been walking for 5 hours and were pretty tired. We had lunch and decided to go the quicker way down. I had Penny in a carrier on my back. It was the single most scariest experience of our lives and I've jumped out of the plane. We had to descend steep rocks with walking sticks and Penny on my back then walk along a narrow path with steep drops either side for quite a while. At the time we hated it but afterwards and looking back we won't forget it, and it was an experience we survived.

#1918 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

Us at the top of Helvellyn
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 04 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

#1919 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

That looks very nice. And look at you sleeping so sweetly in the crook of that guy's arm!

#1920 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

During a retreat do I get to fire all my shots first?

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users