• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#1881 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:29 PM

Blend you do realise someone has an action card that will just cancel any law? And once that law is in place it is by far the most likely target?

I'll back you for trade goods if you can legitimately beat d'rek. Otherwise if you want to hand d'rek the game I can't stop you.

#1882 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 March 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Blend you do realise someone has an action card that will just cancel any law? And once that law is in place it is by far the most likely target?

I'll back you for trade goods if you can legitimately beat d'rek. Otherwise if you want to hand d'rek the game I can't stop you.

*shrugs* I can't play my whole game worrying that someone has a certain action card that will nullify what I want and will decide to use it right away to hurt me.

Talk to others - with yours and my votes we only need 4 other votes to outvote Drek.

The Trade Agreement is yours if we can find those 4 other votes. Otherwise I'm going to have to strongly consider giving Drek War Suns if I can find a way to ensure yall don't outvote us because I really want that tech agenda, and frankly I don't think Tatts needs it except as a deterrent against Drek, and as has already been pointed out, it won't even be that useful to him for that purpose.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1883 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 March 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

I also think it's rich that you're trying to scare me into not giving it to Drek - "if you want to hand d'rek the game I can't stop you" - pretty rich from the guy who's currently 3 VP ahead of her, and 2 ahead of me.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1884 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Yeah I don't deny I'm doing well. D'rek however is in a much better position to score all of the 2vp objectives than me, so will most likely she will overtake me in fairly short order even without warsuns.

#1885 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:57 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 March 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yeah I don't deny I'm doing well. D'rek however is in a much better position to score all of the 2vp objectives than me, so will most likely she will overtake me in fairly short order.

So, then, help me, help you! :)

#1886 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:58 PM

Your mod is without his computer, so action cards etc for those now posting their statuses will have to wait till morning, sorry.

#1887 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

You have my votes for your trade agreement, you find the rest of your votes how you can, I doubt threats will work. And you'll need more than 4 as I can't see nom not voting to stop you getting it.

#1888 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 01 March 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

You have my votes for your trade agreement, you find the rest of your votes how you can, I doubt threats will work. And you'll need more than 4 as I can't see nom not voting to stop you getting it.

Well, unfortunately, threats are all I have.

I've made it clear that I'll consider any other offers on the board - I want to be the one named from that Tech agenda. If I have something that will get me your votes, let me know, I'll be happy to consider it!

But the fact of the matter remains that if you all are so bent on not giving it to me, then I see no reason why I should help you all keep Drek in check.

#1889 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

Blend, you’ve been hanging around Twelve too much. 😁
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1890 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 02 March 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostGnaw, on 01 March 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

Blend, you’ve been hanging around Twelve too much. 😁

Who is, incidentally, the player I'd nominate for the tech law. Taking MR away from D'rek is the top priority. Twelve has made MR his priority from the get go.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1891 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:00 AM

View PostTapper, on 02 March 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

Blend, you've been hanging around Twelve too much. 😁

Who is, incidentally, the player I'd nominate for the tech law. Taking MR away from D'rek is the top priority. Twelve has made MR his priority from the get go.

Well. I’d take it. Concerned about you taking Gwynan away from me immediately thereafter.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1892 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

View PostGnaw, on 02 March 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 02 March 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

Blend, you've been hanging around Twelve too much. 😁

Well. I’d take it. Concerned about you taking Gwynan away from me immediately thereafter.

Me? With what fleet?
Anyway, it seems Tatts offers the most consensus, so Tatts it is, I guess.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1893 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:13 AM

Agenda Phase is now open!

#1894 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:08 AM

The new Public Objective - Sway the Council - has also been revealed.

#1895 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:13 AM

Now I don't want anyone to think less of the mod for this - but I worked out why bombardment wasn't working for me in the battle calculator - I was putting the dreads in the defender column rather than attacker :)

#1896 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

So votes as they stand:
Nom = 4 votes unknown
Tatts = 7 votes unknown but presumably himself
Twelve = 9 votes unknown
Blend = 11 votes himself
Drek = 23 votes herself or blend
Tapper = 9 votes tatts
IH = 9 votes paid for by blend, tatts otherwise
Morgoth = 10 votes tatts

So that's 26 or 35 for tatts
20 or 34 for blend

With twelve and noms votes unknown, and of course that is assuming no one is throwing votes on the VP agenda which seems.... Unlikely.

Either way looks like twelves input is important as blend needs his support if he's to carry the vote.

#1897 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:35 PM

View PostGalactic Council, on 02 March 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Now I don't want anyone to think less of the mod for this - but I worked out why bombardment wasn't working for me in the battle calculator - I was putting the dreads in the defender column rather than attacker :)

Don’t sweat iit Khell. None of us could think less of you.

#1898 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1899 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

So 23, 11 and 9 for Blend. 33 votes.

If everyone saves 1 vote FOR VP and the rest on me for tech that'd clinch both agendas.

The thing is Blend, has D'rek actually made a deal with you? I don't see it, and could nab that agenda
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1900 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

View PostD, on 01 March 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 01 March 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostD, on 01 March 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

Hmm, and I suppose since I'm going to get collaboratively outvoted on both agendas there's no point in me voting for myself, and I might as well just dump all my votes onto you, Blend :)

I mean, I *did* make you an offer further upthread for your votes.

I'm trying to decide what would be best for me. I'm not terribly interested in giving you War Suns given the very strong position you are already in, but if I have to in order to prove to the rest of this thread that I will carry out my threats, then I might just do that.

I think the problem you have is that if we make any formal deal, the rest will know exactly where my votes are going and will just put 35 votes on Tatts to counteract us. It's going to have to be a wait and see in order to keep everyone unsure.

Is this the last post, if people split votes on you then D'rek hasn't agreed to anything.

Lastly she may just put 23 votes on against and people voting FOR lose a VP. She needs to catch up somehow
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users