• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Twilight Imperium (Game 3) - Chat Thread

#1921 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

View PostTattersail_, on 04 March 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

During a retreat do I get to fire all my shots first?

Retreat happens at end of a turn of combat, so yes, you get to fire and your opponent also gets to fire.

#1922 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

On friday I did entirely too much shrooms with a close friend of mine (over 4g of dried caps and I only had them once before) and we went for a walk through the woody hills surrounding my home that I've been to so many times in my life and have so many memories from they're like my ultimate comfort zone.

We were out of our minds but it was cool until the weather got not so nice and the dusk started and some other stuff that caused the atmosphere to get fucking apocalyptic (you know how everything looks dead in winter without nice blanket of fresh snow, I often prefer this kinda atmospheres over a nice sunny weather but this was just too much in my state of mind) and with my past with the place it felt like like walking through the ruins of my own life and ending up at the end of the world.

At the point we decided to go back to my place we were already quite high up in the hills (the path leads to the highest point in the whole region) and there was old dirty snow everywhere and I didn't want to go back the same way so I decided on a more unfamiliar shortcut and we ended up trudging through marshlike area covered with knee high snow almost all the way down as it was getting completely dark. This was definitely not the first time I went through something like this but we were still out of our minds and I've never had feet so wet (both of us had waterproof boots but that was useless in the end) and she kept stumbling all the time and I felt terrible for putting her through this. As we've got down we agreed our existence feels completely concentrated in our feet which had by the point not only been wet but rather turned into water and the rest of our bodies were like some tattered flags just hanging behind the feet. Atleast we weren't cold since we couldn't really feel temperature at all.

This is really a long story very short and quite a lot of weird shit happened in the meantime and we were still laughing at various stuff majority of the time but seeing such a metaphor for my life in ruins was... dunno, can't describe it with words and the shit is still sinking. Somebody would call this a bad trip but I tried to see it as a sorta eye opening experience, definitely quite an adventure and I can't imagine going through this with anyone else as she's pretty much the only person I prefer being with over being alone in general and I'd probably just lock myself in my head with the apocalyptic experience and not crawl out until it was over.

Entirely too much shrooms for the occasion.

This post has been edited by Itwęs Nom: 04 March 2019 - 12:15 PM

All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1923 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

Well as long as we’re sharing my weekend was spent in bed as I suddenly came down with something - temperature, muscle aches, dry hacking cough. In fact, I’m still confined to bed. So we’ve all had ‘interesting’ weekends but I think we can also all agree that my story is the best :)

#1924 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

We cleaned up puke, washed the baby's bed twice and when we ran out of covers, took her to our bed where she forced another two changes with a well-timed barf and we played 2 rounds (not two games, two rounds of going through Kansas City within one game) of Great Western Trail. Also, we made walks and saw our baby girl play with another baby (well, both sticking their fingers in the other's mouth without it leading to much crying), so all was well.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1925 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 04 March 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

On friday I did entirely too much shrooms with a close friend of mine (over 4g of dried caps and I only had them once before) and we went for a walk through the woody hills surrounding my home that I've been to so many times in my life and have so many memories from they're like my ultimate comfort zone.

We were out of our minds but it was cool until the weather got not so nice and the dusk started and some other stuff that caused the atmosphere to get fucking apocalyptic (you know how everything looks dead in winter without nice blanket of fresh snow, I often prefer this kinda atmospheres over a nice sunny weather but this was just too much in my state of mind) and with my past with the place it felt like like walking through the ruins of my own life and ending up at the end of the world.

At the point we decided to go back to my place we were already quite high up in the hills (the path leads to the highest point in the whole region) and there was old dirty snow everywhere and I didn't want to go back the same way so I decided on a more unfamiliar shortcut and we ended up trudging through marshlike area covered with knee high snow almost all the way down as it was getting completely dark. This was definitely not the first time I went through something like this but we were still out of our minds and I've never had feet so wet (both of us had waterproof boots but that was useless in the end) and she kept stumbling all the time and I felt terrible for putting her through this. As we've got down we agreed our existence feels completely concentrated in our feet which had by the point not only been wet but rather turned into water and the rest of our bodies were like some tattered flags just hanging behind the feet. Atleast we weren't cold since we couldn't really feel temperature at all.

This is really a long story very short and quite a lot of weird shit happened in the meantime and we were still laughing at various stuff majority of the time but seeing such a metaphor for my life in ruins was... dunno, can't describe it with words and the shit is still sinking. Somebody would call this a bad trip but I tried to see it as a sorta eye opening experience, definitely quite an adventure and I can't imagine going through this with anyone else as she's pretty much the only person I prefer being with over being alone in general and I'd probably just lock myself in my head with the apocalyptic experience and not crawl out until it was over.

Entirely too much shrooms for the occasion.

The only time I ever did that much shrooms at once I was basically catatonic for hours. That is crazy pants!!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1926 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:10 PM

Just missing Morgoth’s votes now. And some of the ones I have are marked as provisional so if those people could confirm that would be great :)

#1927 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

:)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1928 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

View PostBlend, on 04 March 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

:)

Imagine how we feel.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1929 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

*sigh*
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1930 User is offline   Galactic Council 

• God

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:45 AM

Agendas have been resolved. Sorry for the delay, but I’m still pretty ill and wasn’t able to do it earlier.

#1931 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:21 AM

How tediously predictable

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1932 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

LoL. Ah well. I tried!

This post has been edited by Blend: 05 March 2019 - 04:38 AM

#1933 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

View PostD, on 05 March 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

How tediously predictable

It seemed obvious you'd go for AGAINST. One could say it was very predictable.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#1934 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostBlend, on 05 March 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

LoL. Ah well. I tried!

D'rek, yours and IH would've secured it for you. Where did D'rek vote again?

Treacherous
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1935 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:54 AM

It's good too see such unamity amongst the races.

#1936 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

We are a peaceful and diplomatic gathering.

#1937 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:22 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 March 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

What was the strategy card you wanted again please?

@IH, @twelve, either of you planning to take Diplo?
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#1938 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 05 March 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 05 March 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

What was the strategy card you wanted again please?

@IH, @twelve, either of you planning to take Diplo?

Leadership.

#1939 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:31 AM

Hey MacGnaw, when are you guys planning to play technology?

#1940 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 March 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hey MacGnaw, when are you guys planning to play technology?

He said he was playing it first turn
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 242 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users