• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Identity Politics

#261 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:57 PM

Never heard about Parler before and had to google it.

There's something shady about about having branding that states you're the world's premier free-speech platform. It's so corporate bullshit sounding that you just know everything that gets posted there is being catalogued, datamined and either sold or stored for later use.

#262 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:13 AM

I was watching the expanse again and noticed Julie moa is pan sexual.

This led to me googling the difference between bisexual and pan sexual. In one sentence it seems in summary that bisexuals are attracted to multiple sexes/genders (not necessarily two like bi might normally entail) but pan sexual are attracted to all sexes/genders.

With respect, if someone can explain it to me, Imy question is what is the difference is in practical terms.

I guess some bisexuals might not be attracted to transsexuals/asexuals but some might be (you would have to ask),whereas a pan sexual would be stating clearly they are open to all. Still a pan sexual must have some preferences in height, weight, hair color, intelligence, sexual proclivity etc so they will reject some people in practice for whatever reason?

So again for a practical point of say an online dating profile like I saw in the expanse. How would you react differently from a person whose preference is listed as bisexual compared to someone listed as pan sexual.

That was a little stream of consciousnessy rambling but I really am interested in the answer

This post has been edited by Cause: 30 November 2020 - 04:15 AM

#263 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:45 AM

View PostCause, on 30 November 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

This led to me googling the difference between bisexual and pan sexual. In one sentence it seems in summary that bisexuals are attracted to multiple sexes/genders (not necessarily two like bi might normally entail) but pan sexual are attracted to all sexes/genders.

With respect, if someone can explain it to me, Imy question is what is the difference is in practical terms.

I guess some bisexuals might not be attracted to transsexuals/asexuals but some might be (you would have to ask),whereas a pan sexual would be stating clearly they are open to all. Still a pan sexual must have some preferences in height, weight, hair color, intelligence, sexual proclivity etc so they will reject some people in practice for whatever reason?

So again for a practical point of say an online dating profile like I saw in the expanse. How would you react differently from a person whose preference is listed as bisexual compared to someone listed as pan sexual.

That was a little stream of consciousnessy rambling but I really am interested in the answer

How would I react, honestly? I don't know. Considering my preferences, it would not make much difference to me if my partner was bi or -pansexual. I have my preferences and would obviously seek out a partner that would fit within them, something we, despite what seems to be a lot of people would have you believe, all allowed to do.

I don't know if I would be willing to have a relationship other than friendly with a transwoman as I have never had such an opportunity.

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#264 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 30 November 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostCause, on 30 November 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

https://www.lgbtqnat...al-got-answers/

The above is a good explainer of the distinctions.

I will also say that attraction can be somewhat fluid, especially while people are young and figuring out what is going on as adults with romantic relationships and sex. So with that fluidity, some people glom onto the bisexual label quickly because of its general familiarity and acceptance in the wider community and then move to something that more accurately encompasses what they feel.

Pansexual people are signaling mostly that gender doesn't factor into who they're attracted to. They are not saying that they are attracted to every single person ever etc.

It's also not good manners to use the phrase transsexual. It would be much better to use transgender.

When you say asexual, are you referring to people who are actually asexual (people who generally have no interest in sexual activity) or are you referring to people who are non-binary? I ask because the way you paired it with "transsexual" (again, that should be transgender) was confusing.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#265 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

I meant asexual to in this case refer to people who I know are interested in the intimacy of a relationship but who for whatever reason are not interested in the physical aspect. I didn’t meant to link it to transsexual they were just the two options I thought of that would be beyond the standard of gay/straight that bisexual would normally entail.

I guess I use transsexual and transgender interchangeably, not sure which word I use most generally but I think using the word pansexual just primed me to keep using the word sexual. Why is transsexual considered rude?

Thanks I’ll read tour link.

#266 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:53 PM

Because gender and sex are different concepts and for many people, being trans is about gender identity rather than physical characteristics.

Transsexual has a meaning that's been moved past in terms of language and identity. It was used almost always for people whose gender identities don’t match the sex (male or female) that was assigned at birth and who desire and/or seek to transition to bring their bodies into alignment with their gender identities. Some people find this term offensive, others do not. Only refer to someone as transsexual if they tell you that’s how they identify.

It's much easier to say transgender or simply trans. Hurts less feelings and keep this out of the realm of sexual attraction - which is different than gender identity.

#267 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:42 PM

I want to be the most open minded, fair and awake person in the world.

But fuck me sometimes I really just feel like saying how about everyone identifies as human and we fuck who we want to fuck (consentually obviously) or not fuck who we like.

And yes this is coming from a never oppressed straight white male, I am fully aware of that, sometimes I just can't even begin to follow who is what. It doesn't really matter does it? I mean why is humanity so fucking broken that we can't let people do what they want with who they want (again consentually and over age etc). Why do we have to be such a awful bunch of fucks that this hasbecome a battle ground, this shouldn't be a thing, we are supposed to be the intelligent animals, the dark ages are past, we have been through the enlightenment, what the fuck enlightenment was gained, judge they neighbour? I thought it was supposed to be do not judge. These labels and identifiers shouldn't be a thing because they shouldn't be required. IT DOESN'T MATTER what I identify as, it's no one's fucking business.
I hate people sometimes.

I have no idea where I was going with this.

I make no apologies, humanity needs to get better or be wiped out, the status quo is too depressing

#268 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:53 PM

I get some of what you're saying. I can't really do the "cis gender" stuff because I can't get on board with talking about people's gender correlation with their physical equipment as an identifier to the public, so I avoid talking about it.

If you tell me you want to be known as a man or a woman or non-binary or referred to as they or whatever pronoun, I'm completely happy to do that and have done that for clients, long time family friends, acquaintances, and strangers.

But I am not going to identify my physical equipment to you or ask you about yours in order to say cis or trans - unless you specifically want me to do that for you.

Makes much more sense to ask what pronouns you want to have used to refer to you, listen, use them, and leave it at that. I don't care beyond health and friendliness what physical equipment one has and I want people to be happy in their bodies and identity, especially with the autonomy to decide what they want to do with both.

#269 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:52 AM

'What does Emily Dickinson have to do with abolition? Is Susan Howe deploying chattel slavery as a metaphor in order to politicize her Dickinson? I asked over and again over in the seminar. [...]

To quell my rage, I ended up writing a final paper on the assigned text, Susan Howe's My Emily Dickinson. I wanted to understand the relationship between poetry and colonial history and examine whether metaphor is an aestheticization of violence. I argued that Marcel Duchamp, Santiago Sierra, Andrea Fraser, and Susan Howe, abstract violence as their art. At what point is this abstraction the perpetuation of violence? Does metaphor further the distance between an analysis of racial capitalism's material conditions and towards its normalization? In the essay, I wrote sentences like: "who is a body that can be abstracted? Who becomes metaphor?"

[...] First published in 1985, My Emily Dickinson garnered almost exclusive praise amongst critics and readers. Noted for its inventive blending of essay and poetry, the text has been translated into multiple languages and is in its sixth edition. The book is a meditation on Emily Dickinson's poem, "My life had stood—a Loaded Gun," and begins by placing Dickinson in direct lineage to pioneer settler John Winthrop, who arrived in 1630.

Howe re-writes and re-envisions "My Life" while bringing in canonical writers such as Robert Browning, Shakespeare, and Dickinson's personal letters to argue for the interconnections between politics and aesthetics in the poet's world and particularly, "My Life." My Emily Dickinson forges a feminist critique of Dickinson's initial anonymity. In situating this argument, the poet's words, personal narrative, and US history become politicized. Of Victorian women, Howe writes, "During the nineteenth century, a wife was her husband's property…" (Howe 133). Then drawing parallels between chattel slavery and marriage, states, "Northern women, children, the maimed, infirm, and old men, waited at home until war was done. A Slave was often referred to as a child, a Woman as a girl. An original Disobedience: A girl in bed alone sucking her thumb…Wives and slaves were thumbs" (Howe 119). Akin to white women's early tactics in the suffrage movement, Howe links white women's oppressions to enslavement. Not only does Howe make this equivalence, towards the end of the book, "My Life" becomes a poem about slavery and emancipation.

[...] Howe contends that Dickinson's poem "My life" could be close read as a poem "triggered by parts of it" (Howe 125). The "it" refers to "Nat Turner's Insurrection" written by Thomas Higginson, an abolitionist and an editor at the Atlantic Monthly. However, there are no passages from Higginson's essay and no analysis to support such claims.

[...] the tension between being and instrumentality that is Black being in the wake. At stake is not recognizing antiblackness as total climate. (Sharpe 21)

Howe politicizes Dickinson by instrumentalizing chattel slavery. Black writers—the excerpted letter that grounds her politicization and defense—are naturalized as unnamed and segregated from the world of My Emily Dickinson. However, this naturalization will be broken here. The tension between "being and instrumentality that is Black being" will be centered here as Sharpe reminds me that what's at stake is not recognizing antiblackness as total climate. Sharpe provides me with the language to explode the deployment of slavery and abolition as metaphor in My Emily Dickinson and the courage to state: no more metaphors until this tension breaks.

[...] Howe uses "slavery" and "democracy," the ways white and non-Black people say, "don't police me" when they mean, don't be mean to me, or more often, don't criticize me. "Don't police me" transforms the police from a verb into the metaphor of criticism, to express unpleasurable affect. Here, metaphor is a conduit for abstraction—for an approximation that can never be.

The police is not a metaphor; they are the material forces that uphold and maintain unfreedom. To be policed is the unfreedom legalized and structured into Black and Indigenous communities. To be policed is a verb that expresses violent state action. To be policed is not a simile, and each time it is deployed this way—as metaphor—to express the affect of white and non-Black people who have never been policed a day in their lives—

This turn, this turning into metaphor, this instrumentalization works to normalize violence, and this violence, as Sharpe clarifies, is "the stuff out of which 'democracy' is produced."

[...] Dickinson writes, "aborigine of the sky" and four years later the US army massacres three hundred Lakota people at Wounded Knee (Note 12). Dickinson and Howe write, "aborigine of the sky," as indigenous people across the US fight and continue to fight settlers. Dickinson and Howe write, "aborigine of the sky," as chattel slavery structures e v e r y t h i n g that is the United States. [...] Howe inputs "aborigine of the sky" again and again into the drafts I have been relegated, and I want to dig Dickinson up from the grave and claw her eyes out for this compression, this space, this making into metaphor the lives of others. The violence I exclaim is literal I can feel it inside me waiting for opportunity. Thus, one step further: fuck metaphor. If I never write a metaphor again I have already written too many.

Look through the drafts and tell me I am wrong. I have nothing but time to tunnel through evidence in search of documents that might finally and one day be accepted as proof. This have I accepted as my life'

- Eunsong Kim

https://sites.lsa.um...aRT3uOoK3BUPhC0

Posted Image

'Barrett Watten

[...] I recall that Susan's initial readings of ED's poems were extremely minimal. I asked for more exposition, not just citation, and was called out as "male editor." The concerns of the essay were always to protect the sublime ED from male editors, even though two of the early bowdlerizers were women.'

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 January 2021 - 04:14 AM

#270 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 February 2021 - 03:16 PM

Carano turfed from MANDALORIAN. I mean we all knew it was coming, this chick can't get out of her own way....racism, homophobia, transphobia, trump support (up to and including QAnon BS and Election Fraud BS), and most recently anti-Semitic tweets to boot.

I kind of want them to recast the character to just give Carano the old middle-finger salute on her way out the door....but maybe Cara Dune is better left in the past anyways. Give us a new character in her place.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 February 2021 - 03:16 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#271 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:19 PM

One thing I said to a friend about Carano's firing is that it seems many of the QAnon people are obliquely dealing with past trauma, especially physical abuse of vulnerable people/themselves, as they become fixated on "exposing abusers" and refusing to be silenced.

I cannot say for sure that Carano is dealing with that, but a refusal to knock off the Q stuff after the talking to the Disney executives and her own talent agency signals that this "struggle to expose the wrong-doers" is more important than maybe being set for a lifetime with her own Disney show.

She chose to take this to an obsessive and hurtful level over and over again. The consequences are easily understood and accepted, yet I still wish she could deal with this through therapy and support. There's way too many people dealing with abuse in their past in unhealthy ways for me to just be happy that this happened.

#272 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 13 February 2021 - 05:19 AM

View PostMacros, on 30 November 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

I want to be the most open minded, fair and awake person in the world.

But fuck me sometimes I really just feel like saying how about everyone identifies as human and we fuck who we want to fuck (consentually obviously) or not fuck who we like.

And yes this is coming from a never oppressed straight white male, I am fully aware of that, sometimes I just can't even begin to follow who is what. It doesn't really matter does it? I mean why is humanity so fucking broken that we can't let people do what they want with who they want (again consentually and over age etc). Why do we have to be such a awful bunch of fucks that this hasbecome a battle ground, this shouldn't be a thing, we are supposed to be the intelligent animals, the dark ages are past, we have been through the enlightenment, what the fuck enlightenment was gained, judge they neighbour? I thought it was supposed to be do not judge. These labels and identifiers shouldn't be a thing because they shouldn't be required. IT DOESN'T MATTER what I identify as, it's no one's fucking business.
I hate people sometimes.

I have no idea where I was going with this.

I make no apologies, humanity needs to get better or be wiped out, the status quo is too depressing

Language and upbringing are hard barriers to break.
Speaking for myself, I've been living in the West for most most of my life now (21 of my 33 years). I'm basically fluent tri-lingual, and I'm thinking in English as I type this. I am completely open to people being whatever they wanna be, and I really would never even think about asking. If someone tells me what they want me to call them I would, because that's common decency.

But when I switch to thinking in my other 2 languages, all of that breaks down. Because those languages are gendered and every noun, adjective and past tense verb is either male, female or neutral. It's not an intellectual thing; I just... lack the concepts to expand my mindset, because I don't have the vocabulary to explain this.

I can get over that, because, as i've said, I have a more neutral and flexible language to fall back on, where I can intellectually perceive these concepts.
But a lot of people don't. And when they encounter something that doesn't fit, they get angry with that fact, because it undermines their whole way of thinking, (the "natural way"), and they don't have the language to encompass it.

It's a problem, and I do think it needs to be addressed systemically, because there's a a barrier not just of ignorance, but really "annoyed bewilderment" from a lot of people whose upbringing leaves them incapable of understanding the complexity of genders. And simply telling them to "expand their mind" without providing a framework in terms they can understand will lead to the kind of reactionary BS we see in places like Poland today.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#273 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 February 2021 - 04:38 AM

OK, I'm not quite sure what to make of this one. Woman identifies as something other than what she biologically is, lives life as such, but gets cancelled?

https://www.news.com...3939a45fb63848a

‘Transracial’ Rachel Dolezal whines that she can’t get a job
Six years after pretending to be black, Rachel Dolezal has revealed she hasn’t been able to find a job since her indiscretion was exposed.

Gabrielle Fonrouge
FEBRUARY 14, 20212:58PM

NEWS.COM.AU2:27

Infamous race-faker Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who was outed for pretending to be black in 2015, still insists she’s African American and complained in a recent interview she’s been unable to secure a new job for six years.

Dolezal, 43, who now goes by the Nigerian name Nkechi Amare Diallo, sat down for a talk on the Tamron Hall show to whine about how she wishes people could see her for who she is rather than “what” she is.

“I started with applying for all of the things I was qualified for and after interviews and getting turned down, I even applied to jobs that didn’t even require degrees, being a maid at a hotel, working at a casino,” Dolezal told the former Today host in the interview, which aired on YouTube on Monday.

“I wasn’t able to get any of those jobs either,” she lamented.

While employers didn’t outright tell Dolezal the culture vulture scandal was the reason for her rejections, she said it’s hard for them to look past the “false” information available on Google and Wikipedia.

“The only place that my true story lives is in my book,” Dolezal said, waving a copy of her widely lambasted memoir, In Full Color.

“I think that people, you know, aren’t going to go seek out my book if they’re just looking for an employee, so it’s been tough for sure, but I have not given up.”

Dolezal, who identifies as “transracial” – someone who identifies with a certain race even if their biology is different – said she’s been braiding hair, writing grants, painting and doing “pep talks” on Cameo to make ends meet.

The mother-of-three and former NAACP leader also doubled down on her perceived black identity, saying she’s “always identified racially as human” but she’s found “more of a home in black culture and the black community”.

“And that hasn’t changed,” Dolezal continued.

“I’m still the same person I was in May of 2015, I’m still doing the work, I’m still pressing forward, but it has been really tough for sure.”

In 2015, Dolezal, who taught Africana studies at Eastern Washington University, was outed as a race faker after a local news reporter unearthed photos of her as a child and spoke to her parents, who were unequivocally caucasian.

She was ousted from her jobs and widely criticised for her dishonesty.

This article originally appeared on the NY Post and was reproduced with permission

-----------------------------------------------

So weird, shouldn't everyone be celebrating her for her courage or something? The headline and article are pretty much even sneering at her fate. I don't get it. 412 genders and rising, but apparently race/culture is fixed and immutable?

If what she did was so bad, then how do people feel about the culture 90% of suburban white teenagers seem to identify with these days?

Are we headed for a collision between trans advocates and cultural appropriation advocates?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 February 2021 - 04:39 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#274 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:32 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 14 February 2021 - 04:38 AM, said:

OK, I'm not quite sure what to make of this one. Woman identifies as something other than what she biologically is, lives life as such, but gets cancelled?

https://www.news.com...3939a45fb63848a

‘Transracial’ Rachel Dolezal whines that she can’t get a job
Six years after pretending to be black, Rachel Dolezal has revealed she hasn’t been able to find a job since her indiscretion was exposed.

Gabrielle Fonrouge
FEBRUARY 14, 20212:58PM

NEWS.COM.AU2:27

Infamous race-faker Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who was outed for pretending to be black in 2015, still insists she’s African American and complained in a recent interview she’s been unable to secure a new job for six years.

Dolezal, 43, who now goes by the Nigerian name Nkechi Amare Diallo, sat down for a talk on the Tamron Hall show to whine about how she wishes people could see her for who she is rather than “what” she is.

“I started with applying for all of the things I was qualified for and after interviews and getting turned down, I even applied to jobs that didn’t even require degrees, being a maid at a hotel, working at a casino,” Dolezal told the former Today host in the interview, which aired on YouTube on Monday.

“I wasn’t able to get any of those jobs either,” she lamented.

While employers didn’t outright tell Dolezal the culture vulture scandal was the reason for her rejections, she said it’s hard for them to look past the “false” information available on Google and Wikipedia.

“The only place that my true story lives is in my book,” Dolezal said, waving a copy of her widely lambasted memoir, In Full Color.

“I think that people, you know, aren’t going to go seek out my book if they’re just looking for an employee, so it’s been tough for sure, but I have not given up.”

Dolezal, who identifies as “transracial” – someone who identifies with a certain race even if their biology is different – said she’s been braiding hair, writing grants, painting and doing “pep talks” on Cameo to make ends meet.

The mother-of-three and former NAACP leader also doubled down on her perceived black identity, saying she’s “always identified racially as human” but she’s found “more of a home in black culture and the black community”.

“And that hasn’t changed,” Dolezal continued.

“I’m still the same person I was in May of 2015, I’m still doing the work, I’m still pressing forward, but it has been really tough for sure.”

In 2015, Dolezal, who taught Africana studies at Eastern Washington University, was outed as a race faker after a local news reporter unearthed photos of her as a child and spoke to her parents, who were unequivocally caucasian.

She was ousted from her jobs and widely criticised for her dishonesty.

This article originally appeared on the NY Post and was reproduced with permission

-----------------------------------------------

So weird, shouldn't everyone be celebrating her for her courage or something? The headline and article are pretty much even sneering at her fate. I don't get it. 412 genders and rising, but apparently race/culture is fixed and immutable?

If what she did was so bad, then how do people feel about the culture 90% of suburban white teenagers seem to identify with these days?

Are we headed for a collision between trans advocates and cultural appropriation advocates?

I think the line is drawn whether the culture you claim to be a part of accepts you to be "an adopter" vs "a fake".

To give another example, I enjoy listening to Ukrainian rap, hip hop and R&B. The lyrics speak to me, because a lot of the times they invoke the Bad Old Nineties, and I can relate to it, because I actually lived in a "ghetto" neighbourhood where half of my classmates' families lived in planned housing building for a factory that used to produce sensitive electronics for the USSR military shut down after the collapse of the Union, because no one wanted what they were trained to make. I remember the times when the guys in my 6th grade class took 4 MONTHS to pool together the money to buy a good soccer ball, because a few of the kids just couldn't get the couple of hryvnyas necessary from their parents. I lived all that, I relate to all that, I like hearing the reflections, the callbacks, and the lessons to be learned from that time.

But when I see a music video, where the artists speaking the lyrics I like and relate to, dressing and acting like African Americans, my initial reaction is "why?" . This is not how people (kids) dressed in the 90s, this evokes nothing in me and it feels like a cheap attempt to imitate "what's popular because it's on MTV".

Like, I don't begrudge these people doing what they wanna do. I just don't understand why they feel necessary to do it. And if I (another white guy who can relate to what they're saying) feels this way, I can't imagine what an average African American feels. Are they bemused? Honored? Annoyed?

Appropriation is a line that's getting ever finer, and though I don't feel you need to ask for permission every time you do something that involves a culture that's not your own, one has to be very careful in terms of perpetuating any stereotypes that are associated with said culture- and realistically, only members of said culture can be adequate judges of what is and isn't appropriate.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#275 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:27 AM

View PostBriar King, on 25 February 2021 - 11:22 PM, said:

RIP Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head.

Utterly ridiculous. Change my mind.

'Hasbro created confusion Thursday when it announced that it would drop the “Mr.” from the brand’s name in order to be more inclusive and so all could feel “welcome in the Potato Head world.” It also said it would sell a new playset this fall without the Mr. and Mrs. designations that will let kids create their own type of potato families, including two moms or two dads.

[...] Hasbro clarified that the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head characters will still live on and be sold in stores, but under the Potato Head brand. In a picture posted on Twitter, the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” names are less prominently displayed at the bottom of the box, instead of the top.'

https://apnews.com/a...d814657be41a9d8

#276 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:09 AM

another non-story in other words.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#277 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:51 AM

Yeah I'm not seeing any issue here man.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#278 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 February 2021 - 11:45 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 26 February 2021 - 07:09 AM, said:

another non-story in other words.

The right love to get all worked up about non issues. It helps them ignore actual problems.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#279 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, not like the left who are always laser focused on the most pressing issues.

#280 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:19 PM

Attached File  potato.png (147.6K)
Number of downloads: 0
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users