• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Secret Hitler Lets play!

#101 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Thank you Messremb, better put than me.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#102 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

View PostMentalist, on 02 February 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

Y'all should probably include the entire player list in the updates to make it easier for people to see how the "next Pres" dynamic works.

Mac may do this when he returns. He is moderator for this game
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#103 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Sounds like the neins have it. We'll wait for the official Macros announcement, but I believe Dolmen is now president and may propose a government
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#104 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 February 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

Mac may do this if he returns.

Fixed for RAF

( :( )
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#105 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

View PostMessremb, on 02 February 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostD, on 01 February 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

Uh, ok. Then since I'm first in the list I'll pick Dolmen as Chancellor because... he's second in the list. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

D'rek has a friend who knows the game well and knows she is first in the list therefore likely knows the importance of the list order and chose the 2nd person in the list for election. I find this highly suspicious.

NEIN

I have a friend who owns the game but we've never actually played it so far.

I think I'm getting a handle on it now, though. It's like Resistance but there's only ever teams of 2 and the leader always puts themself on a mission.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#106 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostD, on 02 February 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 02 February 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

View PostD, on 01 February 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

Uh, ok. Then since I'm first in the list I'll pick Dolmen as Chancellor because... he's second in the list. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

D'rek has a friend who knows the game well and knows she is first in the list therefore likely knows the importance of the list order and chose the 2nd person in the list for election. I find this highly suspicious.

NEIN

I have a friend who owns the game but we've never actually played it so far.

I think I'm getting a handle on it now, though. It's like Resistance but there's only ever teams of 2 and the leader always puts themself on a mission.

Yeah, seems similar to resistance/Avalon. Just not sure how the policy tokens work yet
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#107 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Looking at the rules, it seems like the President special power (if there is any) depends on where we are up to on the agenda "slots" (which can vary)? Macros, can you post a picture or list of what the slots are for this game?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#108 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

You can see them on the print and play track. My link Page 12 is the relevant one for 7-8 players.

The way it works is the powers happen after fascist policies are enacted.

1st fascist policy: nothing
2nd: Investigate player loyalty
3rd: Choose the next president
4th: Kill a player
5th: Kill a player + veto becomes active for future governments

Choosing next president gets confusing, because the next president could be anywhere in the order, but after their proposed government, the order goes back where it would have been. So if you were the president of the 3rd fascist policy and made Dolmen president, Dolmen would then be president twice in a row.

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 02 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#109 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

Ok suppose I am president, can we discuss candidacy a bit?

I get the impression I am looking to propose the most pro-liberal govt possible.

The best plan would be to discuss and nominate the players we consider plausible liberal. As it's early and we have no sure information the likelihood I can propose a decent-seeming govt is low as we're all looking suspect in one light or the other.

My instincts for chancellor suggest we either A) pull in a player with experience or B ) drop a role on inactive players forcing them into the spotlight.

That's just my take on it, open to suggestions.

Edit: :( smiley edit

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 02 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#110 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 02 February 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

I get the impression I am looking to propose the most pro-liberal govt possible.

Did your role pm give you that impression?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#111 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

I mean, before any governments go, the liberals really know nothing, so not much to discuss.

But some rules of thumb:

You are president #2, and if we vote down your government, we almost have to accept Tatts', so Tatts should never vote to approve your government.
I will not approve a government I am not on right now.
If your government went through, Nom would be the third president in line (thus the one with the hard to skip government). This gives nom extra incentive to approve a government nom is not a part of.

Everyone else, look at how they voted. The Ja votes not on the last government will be the easiest sells to vote for one they aren't on.

#112 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Testing file attachment.

An image of our tracker as of now.

I can update as the game progresses.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  sh1.jpg (1.18MB)
    Number of downloads: 0

#113 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

Ok.

First government attempt was a no go.

We have a new el presidenty, Dolmen.

Dolmen, select your chancellor.

This time we'll do it right. Discuss but PM ME YOUR VOTE

#114 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

Hmmn ok I'm keen to stay president. A govt with me in it is my bias of course.

open to a chancellor candidacy of Nevyn, Venge or Messremb.

I have reasons for this partially explained on thread and would like to know whom among the three would be open to being Chancellor and why. If two or all three are in I'll go with whomever drums up the most support.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#115 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

I thought a president had 3 attempts to form a government? I need to read the rules again

#116 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

I am open to being your chancellor because chancellors get to do things and others dont. And as a liberal i like to do things

#117 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

I am open to being chancellor because I don't trust anyone else. I especially don't trust nevyn or Dolmen( who puts a 2.0 at the end of a name) or drek, don't get me started on the ways that I don't trust tatts or mental. Who else is playing... Yeah I don't trust them either.

As a liberal you want some in power who refused to trust and is suspicious of every one. I'm that liberal.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#118 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostNevyn, on 03 February 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I am open to being your chancellor because chancellors get to do things and others dont. And as a liberal i like to do things

View PostVengeance, on 03 February 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I am open to being chancellor because I don't trust anyone else. I especially don't trust nevyn or Dolmen( who puts a 2.0 at the end of a name) or drek, don't get me started on the ways that I don't trust tatts or mental. Who else is playing... Yeah I don't trust them either. As a liberal you want some in power who refused to trust and is suspicious of every one. I'm that liberal.

I want to be chancellor because I'm nowhere near as scheming and devious as Venge or as much of as unknown game-wise as Nevyn. I want to see what policies the President passes to me.

Venge is also curiously missing me from his comments, this makes me suspicious. Also I have no difficulty believing he'd invade Poland on the thinnest of pretexts.

#119 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Ok since all three are keen I'd like to hear from the 4 other players which candidate they prefer. I'll nominate that player.

#120 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

View PostMessremb, on 03 February 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

View PostNevyn, on 03 February 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 February 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I am open to being chancellor because I don't trust anyone else. I especially don't trust nevyn or Dolmen( who puts a 2.0 at the end of a name) or drek, don't get me started on the ways that I don't trust tatts or mental. Who else is playing... Yeah I don't trust them either. As a liberal you want some in power who refused to trust and is suspicious of every one. I'm that liberal.

I want to be chancellor because I'm nowhere near as scheming and devious as Venge or as much of as unknown game-wise as Nevyn. I want to see what policies the President passes to me.

Venge is also curiously missing me from his comments, this makes me suspicious. Also I have no difficulty believing he'd invade Poland on the thinnest of pretexts.

I feel like that is an attempt to stawman me and I won't stand for it.

Now that I have sat down please carry on
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users