• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Secret Hitler Lets play!

#1121 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:29 PM

As long as I can get an honourable quick death
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#1122 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:43 PM

Well played guys, that was fun to read, I'd on/off followed it from the start.

I had no idea what was going on until about half way through when I finally read the rules. Easy for me to say as an observer but I'd guessed one Nazi, had no idea who the other two were though.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#1123 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:56 PM

See the last predator mini

https://forum.malaza..._1#entry1155204
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#1124 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

Just read it. Can't make heads or tails of what happened. As near as I can tell, I sign up and die.

Sounds good.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#1125 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostNevyn, on 13 March 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Just read it. Can't make heads or tails of what happened. As near as I can tell, I sign up and die.

Sounds good.

You post then you die. In the span of a day everyone but the youngings were dead. A day later and the game was over.

It is a mini with a high body count. Where you can claim vendetta's. Then we can do a regular game.

#1126 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

So basically you do these with the hope that any leftover spite doesn't bleed into the next long game?

#1127 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostNevyn, on 13 March 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

So basically you do these with the hope that any leftover spite doesn't bleed into the next long game?

It's where one of the rest of us gets to kill Tatts and everyone else puts their frustration with that election on hold till a later game.

Not sure I follow why you put Cause through that, it killed any hope of getting him elected and the picking of an easy target with the "expected" result did you no favours at all. That was 2 fascists no-one would back, after the doubt cast on D'rek early on you should have been playing the cleanest of clean games.

For the record, I pass the Liberal policy.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#1128 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

View PostMessremb, on 13 March 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

It's where one of the rest of us gets to kill Tatts and everyone else puts their frustration with that election on hold till a later game.

Not sure I follow why you put Cause through that, it killed any hope of getting him elected and the picking of an easy target with the "expected" result did you no favours at all. That was 2 fascists no-one would back, after the doubt cast on D'rek early on you should have been playing the cleanest of clean games.

For the record, I pass the Liberal policy.

It is a math problem.

You had too many liberal VPI. If I say 3 fascist and try to stay trusted and excuse Cause, you have 4 other VPI and ignore the find. If I blame nom and excuse Cause, you still have 3 VPI, and Nom knows I'm lying.

Bottom line was after my gov there was no reason to put me, Drek, or Cause on a gov again. If I excuse Cause, you stick with VPI. Even if you get 3 fascist and distrust that president, you re-add me or nom or tatts or drek before cause. . And if I have to put in another fascist policy game is up. Basically I treated it like a freeroll because the loss was almost assured.

#1129 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

But then again, you said your usual SH play group had to add more fascist cards because you were finding it too consistently in favour of the liberals...

Sounds like you and your pals are used to playing fascist too mathy and conservatively, IMO. You gotta slam hard on distancing and then sow the distrust with words, not just let the liberals trust each other and go for the 20% random chance win.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1130 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostD, on 13 March 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

But then again, you said your usual SH play group had to add more fascist cards because you were finding it too consistently in favour of the liberals...

Sounds like you and your pals are used to playing fascist too mathy and conservatively, IMO. You gotta slam hard on distancing and then sow the distrust with words, not just let the liberals trust each other and go for the 20% random chance win.

Yeah thats it , were all just stupid! Thanks for fixing life.

#1131 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:07 AM

Cause is initiating into all of this so I expected a few mistakes were due if he had a Role. Being Hitler right off the bat may have made for a rough start. Roles can be tricky, no worries Cause, mistakes drop considerably on your next game. Keep at it. Play mafia too if you enjoyed this.

Now I think most times I play mafia me and Venge just always seem to argue. This was the first game I got everything he said and didn't hate the way he said it. MVP in my honest opinion. very good game.

Solid play from Mess. I don't know what it was but you had me convinced pretty early you were playing it straight. it was almost too straight. at the end mafia paranoia hit overdrive. if RL wasn't kicking my ass I would have made an issue of it so thankfully I didn't. nice little lesson there I think.

D'rek and Tatts. You two need to see a counselor, it's like you're married. Tatts, she plays you far too well.

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 05 March 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

IF D'rek and Nevyn are on the same team this was the only time I would have guessed it.

in which case I'm worried.

At this point, both D'rek and Nevyn showed the first real signs of teamwork. Had Mess been your Hitler I'd have called it flawless play.

Nevyn, you were in my PI books, I even had you as back up chancellor on my provisionals. Nom had it rough trying to look Liberal but I agree with most. The find on your Hitler took far more away from your chances than it added. I would avoid that sort of thing at all costs if in a similar situation.

finally Nom, think you did a solid job. chances weren't in your favor. I'd have kept a bit of distance echoing Tatts. when you kept your distance I started to earnestly look at Nevyn as the fascist. I keep wondering bout your support of Cause but then again you had a biased read of the game being stuck in a doubted pair.

All in all a great game, thanks to Macros for dropping it on our heads.

I feel we need Maark to be the voice of the people every game possible.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#1132 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:35 AM

I'm putting this one down to training and say we start another.

I think we need a defined schedule to try and keep the pace moving though.

I forgot to add that part of my problem is that while at work I can access the forum but I could not access the rules website. Hence I was often unclear.

#1133 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:07 AM

D'rek is clever, like probably more so than most people, her mind is wondrous. In hindsight from all the games I've played with her I should have picked a different chancellor. Very devious of her to put us both under suspicion early. It had to be done at some point and why not early. From there she mirrored my votes and that's why I had to keep quiet about what I was thinking. Very clever play from her.

All in all solid play from Venge, Dolmen and Messremb throughout.

Nevyn one of the reasons I had you as a possible D'rek partner/Fascist is because of the arguments and distancing early on. Complete opposite opinions. No one else had that back and forth and it felt like you knew of each other.

From there my WCS was you two as fascists and one of Venge/Dolmen/Messremb as Hitler which is why I was voting nein to them as Chancellor but JA to them as President.

Once Dolmen and Mess were cleared then I could vote in most Governments with them as Chancellor. My worry would have been if Venge got nominated Chancellor, he was still a slight unknown but that would not have come round until two more turns.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1134 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 14 March 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Now I think most times I play mafia me and Venge just always seem to argue. This was the first game I got everything he said and didn't hate the way he said it. MVP in my honest opinion. very good game.

That is a complement. Thank you sir.

#1135 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

Just to minimize the spite that will flow into the next game. There is always vendetta's and lists.

#1136 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 14 March 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

Nevyn one of the reasons I had you as a possible D'rek partner/Fascist is because of the arguments and distancing early on. Complete opposite opinions. No one else had that back and forth and it felt like you knew of each other.

That was all D'rek.

For all that I had fascist goals I played early very down the line, as it was clear people were still adjusting to the rules and such. But D'rek went after me, which both called for rebuttal for strategy, but also to make clear the points I was making.

Compared to a seasoned game, the liberals were far too permissive in early voting. It worked out for them because Cause gave them reason to exclude, and the Drek gov failed because reasons. But it was an environment rife for fascists and if I'd known there would be that many random Ja's I may have played differently.

Other strange things that happened were

• The weight given to Drek's choice of chancellor being Dolmen (that did not matter at all, should not have made Dolmen suspicious, and the only reason it is normally a bad idea if that the next player in line normally votes Nein, sometimes even if on the gov, so it is less likely to pass.
  • People gave way too much trust after Venge's presidency. When a pres gets 2 liberal cards with a liberal chancellor, they have no option to pass a fascist policy. A fascist plays it identically to a liberal. He should not have been under extra suspicion, but also should not have been viewed as verified. But Dolmen in fact trusted him MORE.

Share this topic:

• 57 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users