• You cannot reply to this topic

Soccer/Football/Futbol/Whatever in general The round ball game

#781 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

Well....

That turned quickly....
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#782 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

Unbelievable.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#783 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

View PostGorefest, on 08 May 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 17 April 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 14 March 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Ajax!

Ajax!

Ajax!

Don't even have to wait until fulltime, one half in and it's done and dusted.

SPURS!!!!!

FTFY

How's it taste?
Posted Image

#784 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:35 PM

Dang. COYS I guess.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#785 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, nice comeback for Spurs. Shame to see a Dutch team go, luckily it isnt't my home team. So I am not overly bothered. Insane comeback in extra extra time. I assume Liverpool will walk it now. At least still some Dutch flavour to the CL final with Van Dijk and Wijnaldum.

#786 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

#787 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

Well done Spurs. Please do us all (minus Maccy) a favour and go the distance. :p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 09 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#788 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:34 AM

Unbelievable how there can be two such miraculous escapes in two nights. I won't lie, as a football fan I preferred a match between two teams from different countries because now it just feels like a glorified FA cup final. But well played to both Liverpool and Spurs, amazing comebacks from the brink of defeat.

Focusing my full attention now on my own team's (NEC Nijmegen) attempt at getting promotion through the end of season play-offs. It's a sad thing to think that 11 years ago we were actually playing Spurs (and lost) in the Europa league group stage, but these days we are dwelling aimlessly in the second tier of Dutch football.

#789 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

View PostZuzu Bolin, on 08 May 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 07 May 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

Watched the documentary The Impossible Dream. Released to coincide with the 20 yr. anniversary of the Man U 1998/1999 'treble' season. When, over 10 days in May 1999, Man U won the Premier League, The FA Cup and The Champions League. Man U fans must have been incorrigible during that time.

Damn though, Paul Scholes was a carrot firecracker buzzing all over the pitch, OGS looks so young and would come off the bench and score, and the goalie, Peter Schmeichel, was a nutter. And that forward combo of Andy Cole & Dwight Yorke was formidable. Oh, yeah, I'm not forgettin', but everyone knows 'Becks'. Posted Image He could place some precision balls right were they needed to be though, couldn't he.

Damn, 20 years ago. Any you oldster 'hooligunts' have memories from this era? Attend any of the matches or were fervently rooting for (or against) Man U during this historic accomplishment?

I'm so old this is after my time. I first went to Old Trafford in 1975 and was a regular, a hard core one at that (home and away) between say '86 and '94. Lost interest once we'd won the title, the standing areas went and the prawn sandwich brigade moved in.

That's awesome. I would just love to share a pint with you and pick your brain about those memories.

The documentary (The Impossible Dream), does cover a little bit of Man U's history to help 'set the table', as it were (or give some historical perspective) on the 1998/1999 treble accomplishment. For example, the 1958 plane crash tragedy in Munich and coach Matt Busby and 'The Busby Babes'.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 09 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

#790 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Man. City capture league champs. Not really a fan. Wolverhampton is my second team (to Tottenham), so wanted them to beat Liverpool. I guess none if it mattered as City takes it.

Tottenham land in top 4, so chuffed at that I suppose. Would have been nice to get that third spot though.

Damn, Man U. went to shit though in these past few weeks.

#791 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:11 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 May 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Man. City capture league champs. Not really a fan. Wolverhampton is my second team (to Tottenham), so wanted them to beat Liverpool. I guess none if it mattered as City takes it.

Tottenham land in top 4, so chuffed at that I suppose. Would have been nice to get that third spot though.

Damn, Man U. went to shit though in these past few weeks.

Yeah City are a bunch of flogs. Now they'll be even more insufferable flogs.
Still, there's a lot of empty space in their trophy cabinet whereas Man U had to order a new one.

As far as the last few weeks (ugh) went, I think maybe they just blew their loads in that first 3 months after OGS took over.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#792 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

Yeah terrible end to a pretty terrible season. The one tiny glimmer is that maybe OGS will work well with Ed Woodward and get some good signings in.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#793 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:02 AM

I think your problem really is Ed Woodward...

#794 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

Hmm yes I think you're right but we're stuck with him it seems.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#795 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

Problem with Woodward is that he heavily relies on the coach/manager to tell him which players are needed, instead of having the personal ability and long-term vision to make a selection of players that fit in their respective positions in the ManU playing philosophy. And once he gets told which players to go for, he telegraphs this so loudly that targeted clubs straight away take notice and usually add a few million pounds to the asking price. Plus other club chiefs suddenly swoop in and poach the player in front of his nose, because he is a terrible negotiator as well. The man is an incompetent oaf, in my humble opinion.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 13 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

#796 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:00 PM

Woodword is actually worse than Ian Ayre, and that's saying something

#797 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

7 new EPL rules. I'm sure there are better summaries out there but I can't be arsed tracking them down when this will do.

https://www.news.com...d3060af36c67c4a

The Premier League will look a little bit different next season.

Along with the game-changing introduction of VAR, Prem chiefs are set to introduce seven new rule changes from 2019-20.

RULE ONE - Substitutions

To prevent time-wasting, players will now have to leave the pitch at the nearest point.

Previously, players would have to walk to the half-way line and swap with the incoming player.

Stream international football with beIN SPORTS on KAYO. Live coverage from 2018/19 La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Argentine Super Liga & more. Get your 14 day free trial >

Now, rather than having to cross the pitch or make their way back to the dug-out, players will go off at the closest sideline.

Left-backs on the left side, for example.

RULE TWO - Defensive wall

If there are more than three players in a defensive wall (so pretty much every free-kick that will be a shot at goal) attackers are not allowed within one yard of the wall.

This rule change will put an end to the pushing, shoving, pulling and tugging that causes aggravation for pretty much every referee.

In every wall since time immemorial, fouls have been committed in the wall and have gone unpunished.

In practice, it will be interesting to see how referees will enforce attacking players staying one yard away from the defensive wall.

RULE THREE - Drop balls

Drop balls are now a thing of history, they are gone from next season.

This rule is certainly bound to cause a bit of controversy.

Instead of a drop ball, the last team to touch the ball will get possession.

Whether that team decides to give the ball back to the other side remains to be seen.

Another development is that if play is stopped with the ball in the penalty area, it will restart with the goalkeeper.

That’s certain to cause some upset for fans.

RULE FOUR - Penalties

This one sounds like it’s going to be very hard to enforce - although we can certainly see Mike Dean ordering a penalty to be retaken four times to get it right..

As part of a crackdown on gamesmanship, goalkeepers can’t touch the frame, have to have one boot touching the line and can’t stand behind the line.

Keepers are also not allowed to feign movement one way in an attempt to bluff the taker.

But how much movement will be allowed? Can a keeper lean one way and dive the other?

This will be a work in progress.

RULE FIVE - Goal-kicks

This is a massive change and one that should speed up the game massively.

Up to this point, a goal-kick was not in play until it left the area.

So the ball was dead until it left the 18-yard box - if a defender touched it, it was an indirect free-kick, if an attacker touched it the goalkeeper would get the decision.

But now, the ball is in play from the moment it is touched.

This is to counter the high press - defenders will be able to collect the ball inside the area, before the defending team has set and move the ball quickly into midfield.

RULE SIX - Accidental handball

Tottenham may not have made the Champions League final if this rule existed this season.

From next year any goal scored from the arm - accidental or deliberate - will not count.

If the ball touches an attacking player’s arm in the build-up to a goal - accidental or not - the goal will not count.

Although Fernando Llorente’s goal at the Etihad counted this season, because although the ball touched his arm it was not deliberate, now the fact it has touched his arm is enough to disallow it.

There’s a big but here - this rule does not apply to defenders in their own box.

So a referee, or VAR, will still judge whether a handball was deliberate or not.

RULE SEVEN - Celebrations

This rule is a direct result of VAR.

A player is currently booked for any over-exuberant celebrations, jumping into the crowd or taking a shirt off and so on.

Now imagine a player scores, celebrates in that fashion and VAR chalks the goal off.

The celebrating player will still be booked even if the goal has been disallowed.

The killjoys.

-------------------------

1. Good.
2. Good. Use the white marking spray.
3. Shrug.
4. Apply the 'no feinting' rule to the penalty takers also.
5. Shrug.
6. Good. No more 'Hand of (whatever)'.
7. Good. Stop carrying on like you created peace in the Middle east and cured cancer, you fucking primadonnas.
You kick a fucking ball for a living and get very well overpaid for the privilege - get on with it.

My rule #8. VAR used to cite players for diving without needing to be referred by the on field referee.
1st offence - 6 matches including all senior levels ie national, UEFA, FA cup, EPL etc. 2nd - 6 months. 3rd - life ban.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 24 May 2019 - 12:02 PM

#798 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Load of shit all in all.
Keepers wiggling is part of the art of saving a peno.

Only rule that should be in is retro active banning for diving and simulation

#799 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:32 AM

so Neymar wants 1.2m a week wages if he moves to Real.

can someone fill a sack with doorknobs and beat the shit out of that wanker?

#800 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostMacros, on 28 May 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

so Neymar wants 1.2m a week wages if he moves to Real.

can someone fill a sack with doorknobs and beat the shit out of that wanker?

I'll do it for a measley 1 week of his wages.

At least we all know he'd go down pretty easy. Probably wouldn't even have to make contact.

Share this topic:

• 83 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users