• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls 3 prepare to die for the last time

#161 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

I've started the dlc, but haven't gotten very far yet. Some enemies a little ways in are highly resistant to fire and dark, which is quite the challenge for my pyro. Might have to go at it with the Strenght/faith character instead.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#162 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

Let us know what you think of the end boss fight when you get to it Morgoth! Have you had much experience with the sabre wielding Corvian enemies (they have throwing knives as well)? They looked pretty annoying. Whole DLC seemed pretty gank heavy as well! Not sure when I'm going to be able to get it tbh, zero money, might have to beat the game again on my first character (NG+4) just so I can play again for a bit before I get the DLC. Need to play it man :thumbsup:

See how much time I get though, busy with life, plus new Pokemon and Final Fantasy next month.
"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#163 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:09 AM

The painted world of Ariandel had one of the hardest and most beautiful boss battles I've ever seen. It's so hard that invaders figure out I'm about to go in, do a gesture of respect, and black crystal out.

Nameless King was terrific too. Immense visuals. I figured out that he is Sen and maybe Farron too.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#164 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:10 AM

This game is brilliant. The DLC is brilliant.

#165 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:32 AM

I really enjoyed the nameless king. Enough to go back in to assist other players.

I've got the dlc but I'm saving it for when I want Souls and there isn't anything new out.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#166 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostTraveller, on 28 December 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

I really enjoyed the nameless king. Enough to go back in to assist other players.

I've got the dlc but I'm saving it for when I want Souls and there isn't anything new out.

I am now finished with almost everything on my first run through (except for the final boss, which I've kept unspoiled for myself). A friend has been massively helping me out by showing me where to go as a Sun Bro, I periodically put a wild hair on, and either die or go other places though - which keeps things fresh for us.

I spent a while being a Sun Bro for Nameless King because it is such a cool boss battle. I'm terrible at tracking the dragon for the first part, but somehow I rule at the second part. I'm able to roll circles around him and in general, I'm not a good Dark Souls player. He just fits into my brain well - and the bosses similar to his second stage fit too (Dragonslayer Armor, Lucian).

The pyromancer invader in the DLC fucked me up though. I had a really hard time beating that guy and I don't truly understand why.

Gundyr's kick is something fierce.

#167 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

Got into the dlc last night.

Was not disappointed! Snow falling, wolves attacking in packs, and razor handed guy with a fast combi attack.

Been plodding through picking up items and killing everything, found two new bonfires and a settlement to pillage. Can easily see an arena which must be boss but I think I'll leve that for now.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#168 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostTraveller, on 24 February 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Was not disappointed! Snow falling, wolves attacking in packs, and razor handed guy with a fast combi attack.

Been plodding through picking up items and killing everything, found two new bonfires and a settlement to pillage. Can easily see an arena which must be boss but I think I'll leve that for now.

It's the hardest boss of the Souls games. You'll have fun for sure. Make sure you kill all the wolves.

#169 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:49 PM

View Postamphibian, on 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

It's the hardest boss of the Souls games. You'll have fun for sure. Make sure you kill all the wolves.

Why, do they appear again later? I've reached two bonfires after the initial area with wolves; I can see a large round tower with white formations on the ground round it, which I'm assuming is a boss battleground. Is there one boss for this dlc or did that extra big wolf count?

Sounds like there's a challenge ahead anyway, can't wait to play later.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

#170 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

View Postamphibian, on 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

You mean the final boss right? Not the boss you fight outside near the arena looking thing. I still haven't been able to get the DLC, but I've seen alot of gameplay, that final boss fight looks hard as all hell. Looks like it's probably harder than trying to take Ornstein and Smough by yourself and killing Smough first. Definitely harder than anything else in this game.

EDIT: It's debatable whether the outside fight with the Wolf and the dude is actually a boss fight to be honest, but it has a Boss healthbar so I count it as one.

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 24 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

#171 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Curious now, I've looked at nothing on this to avoid spoilers.

I took a while to kill the Storm King so this will be interesting...

#172 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostTraveller, on 24 February 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I couldn't help myself on the spoiler front, spoiled myself almost immediately when it came out lol I've still not got the DLC, mostly because no matter how many times I input my credit card details on my PS4 it simply will not accept them, tells me the billing address is wrong even when I'm looking at a statement in front of me :doh: So when it comes to DLC and Playstation Plus and such I need to use Amazon or something else which is just annoying, whenever I've had the money I just forget frankly. Hoping to buy the season pass just before the Ringed City DLC comes out, next month I think.

As I haven't played the DLC yet, my 'definitely harder' is perhaps premature, but from what I've seen of the fight, it certainly looks more difficult than the Nameless King, though he does hit like a truck and sorely tested my dodging game. I'll be interested to hear your opinion on the fight when you've had a try :)

#173 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

The first half of that Storm King battle is weirdly tough for me. The second half... I ripped through. There's something about Ornstein and Storm King one vs one battles that makes my brain comfortable. It was interesting enough that I decided to test it out by helping people with Storm King. The dynamic of struggling in the first half and ripping through the second persisted through probably 30 fights.

On the other hand, Artorias and Kalameet took me so so so long to beat solo.

#174 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

View Postamphibian, on 24 February 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

The first half of that Storm King battle is weirdly tough for me. The second half... I ripped through. There's something about Ornstein and Storm King one vs one battles that makes my brain comfortable. It was interesting enough that I decided to test it out by helping people with Storm King. The dynamic of struggling in the first half and ripping through the second persisted through probably 30 fights.

Even my first try against the Storm King the first half of the fight was plain sailing, killed the dragon without taking a hit. Then I got mullered by ol' Nameless, he just ploughed through me. Took me a good while to beat him on my own, as for Ornstein and Smough I actually don't think I've ever beaten them without Sun Bro I am ashamed to admit. It's been such a long time since I took on Artorias or Kalameet that I genuinely can't remember anything about the fights, I feel like Kalameet was harder than Wolfy though.

#175 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

There's something about tracking the enemy up above and dealing with arcing attacks that throws me off.

Give me a giant, grounded, and godlike being who wants to skewer/crush/murderate me forthwith and I'm happy.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 24 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

#176 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

View Postamphibian, on 24 February 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

There's something about tracking the enemy up above and dealing with arcing attacks that throws me off.

Give me a giant, grounded, and godlike being who wants to skewer/crush/murderate me forthwith and I'm happy.

That flame attack that the Dragon hits on the surface does have ridiculous tracking and can kill you very fast if you lose track of where it is. Just never had much of an issue with it, I guess it's just the differences in people, certain enemies are alot harder for some than others. Nameless can still kill me in that second part fairly easily if I'm not really on it.

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 24 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

#177 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

View Postamphibian, on 24 February 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Weird, I could always take out the dragon (once I learned that head-stab move when he was down) but I had a lot of practice as I kept dying in the second part! It got to be a quick routine, run in, dodge first hit, smack him a few times until he took off...

But that second part for some reason I found hard... I'd get some damage in but he'd do this combo which, even if blocked, drained stamina down and gave enough of a knockback for fatal damage to get through.

And Kalameet! I actually like the battles where there are a mix of attacks, which all require a different response, like a roll or block at the right second, followed by a counter which would slowly wittle down their health, bit by bit, until you both have a sliver left, no estus, and you just have to get that last hit in. Pure rage if you get taken out - pure elation if you win.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

#178 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

Found the wolf and grave guardian. Slightly suspicious as I got very close to beating them on my first attempt. When I saw wolves I killed them quickly as Amp said, then beat the guardian, who was actually quite easy to backstab and guard break with a few hits. Then the giant wolf turned up.
He's fast and big but there are plenty of pillars to heal behind, and I got his health right down before I went to bed, so I know he's possible.

Which means.. he's not the big boss. This Dlc is a great extension to the game, the snow looks beautiful, the trees are creepy, and the ice looks great. And it looks like there are two bosses at least.

#179 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

Obviously I'ma have to try it myself before I can comment with any authority but from what I've seen of the Giant Wolf, the fight itself doesn't look much more difficult than Sif in the first game, assuming you can kill the guardian quickly.

But yeah this is not the boss fight of which Amph speaks :doh:

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 25 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

#180 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

No, it wasn't - nailed those two on my first go today.

Found the real deal - man is she nifty with a scythe.. and this is only the start.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users